Terraria State of the Game - September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean master mode, you are missing out on literally nothing. Don't bother with it.

The another additional accessory slot from Master Mode alone is worth it IMO. ( 7 slots in total )
Also can't forget about the mount that is basically like a portable sky rail in some respect (aka Black Spot mount)

But other than these yeah there is not much reason to play Master Mode.

The another additional accessory slot from Master Mode alone is worth it IMO.
Also can't forget about the mount that is basically like a portable sky rail in some respect (aka Black Spot mount)

But other than these yeah there is not much reason to play Master Mode.
He means that it is boring dumb and unfun because all it does is bloat enemy stats without changing AIs

He means that it is boring dumb and unfun because all it does is bloat enemy stats without changing AIs

I know what he said i'm just saying that these 2 things are IMO worth powering through Master Mode.
Besides Master Mode isn't that much harder than Expert.

If you can handle Expert you should have no problem with Master Mode.
At least from my experience.

Last edited:

Greetings Terrarians!
At long last, the cooler temperatures of Fall are descending upon us! We hope that everyone is remaining safe out there, and that back-to-school has gone well for those who have done so (be it virtually or in-person). 2020 only has a few more months left - so hang in there! There is so much going on with Terraria right now, let's dive right in!

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS

TMODLOADER NEWS

CONSOLE/SWITCH NEWS

MOBILE NEWS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

The 1.4.1 update for Terraria on PC is getting ever closer. We have pretty much wrapped up almost all of the additions, and the current focus for most of the team is on bug fixing and polish before we can get the latest juicy content into your hands. How much longer, you say?

View attachment 293036

We are feeling pretty confident that we will have Terraria 1.4.1 in your hands sometime during the month of October! We are still nailing down a few pesky bugs where we are not sure how long they will take to fix, so we do not have an EXACT date just yet... but prepare now for the treats of 1.4.1 before Halloween - no tricks here!

index.php

SOUNDTRACK UPDATES

TERRARIA SOUNDTRACK: VOLUME 4

Pretty much all set to go, the latest tracks for the Terraria Official Soundtrack will be submitted everywhere once 1.4.1 is released! This means a release on Steam first (adding to the full Steam OST), to be followed by the Volume 4 tracks on digital distribution and music streaming services.

index.php

Be sure that you are up-to-date with the latest and greatest on this front via the Hotfix Changelog... and keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

Terraria: Journey's End - Hotfix Changelog

index.php

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

Back to Table of Contents
index.php

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

The tModLoader Team remains hard at work on getting TML up to the 1.4 era. Community Contributions are most welcome! If you would like to help out or learn more, check out the tModLoader Discord > https://tmodloader.net/discord

Hopefully, it will not be too much longer!

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch - DR STUDIOS/PIPEWORKS

XBOX & PLAYSTATION

So, last month we had the big announcement that Console/Switch Terraria development would be moving from Pipeworks over to DR Studios. We hope that everyone took some time out to thank Pipeworks for their efforts to bring Terraria 1.3 to Consoles and to reflect on this era. Of course, that leads us directly into the next era of development for Terraria on Consoles and Nintendo Switch. To be fully transparent, the DR Studios team has been mostly focused on getting Terraria Mobile 1.4 over the finish line (more on that in the Mobile section) - however, we wanted to take a minute to show a little something that you might find interesting...

That's right, Console Terrarians, Terraria 1.4 is officially alive and running on Consoles! Now, before we get ahead of ourselves, we have to be clear that this is still a pre-Alpha build, and there is a lot of work left to do in order to deliver Journey's End to all of you. Once Mobile 1.4 is wrapped and hotfixed, the almost full focus of the team will shift towards Console. We will be spending lots of time looking at performance, user interface, gamepad, etc, etc. As we have more to share and show there, we will - but we are pretty excited about what we have planned.

As always, we know everyone wants to know "When?!?" - we are not quite ready to dive into timelines just yet, however, once we get a bit further down the development path, we should have a better understanding of just how much remains in front of us to get done. That said, we surely hope you share our excitement at seeing at least a little taste of what is to come when Terraria: Journey's End reaches Consoles!

index.php

NINTENDO SWITCH: Splitscreen Update Fixes

As Switch Terrarians will have noticed, the long-awaited Splitscreen update for Terraria on Nintendo Switch released over the last few weeks. As with any release, crazy bugs have a chance to rear their pesky heads - in this case, with some rather "revealing" results :eek:. In regards to this release, we have gathered a ton of feedback and information from the community around any new bugs (including the whole "naked" characters thing, which was related to a dye bug), and Pipeworks will be looking into a final fix patch for Switch before they transition away from Terraria. Definitely want to have things in a good place before that - so stay tuned for more information here!

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Happy Fall Everyone!

We have admittedly been a bit quiet on the spoiler front this month, as it has been all hands on deck with bug fixing, polish, and iteration on a lot of the new features. For example, this week the team has been spending some focused time iterating around button mapping and UI for our gamepad players. This is really beneficial work as it will pay dividends for both our Mobile and our Console/Switch friends down the road.

So, where are we at this point? Pretty excited, that is where we are right now. Why is that? Two reasons really...

First off, we get to show off our favorite new boss - the Empress of Light! (with a special guest appearance by a certain endgame sword that begins with a Z)

View attachment 292956
What's that? You missed it? We caught sight of this mysterious "Z" at the beach last weekend as well...

Remember that these are still development builds, so some things - especially UI pieces - are subject to change and you may always see a bug or three.

So, what is the second thing that has us excited? We are amped up because it is almost October - and October is one of our favorite months. Who doesn't love the fall leaves, cool temperatures, Halloween... and the release of Terraria: Journey's End on Mobile?

:hoppinjack:That's right - our current plan is to launch Terraria: Journey's End on Mobile in October!:hoppinjack:

We aren't QUITE certain exactly what day yet - but the team is feeling confident enough in the work thus far and the work ahead that we are pushing towards an October release. If anything changes - either we arrive at an exact date or something goes horribly wrong and we have to push it out (surely not!) - we will let you know immediately. So get excited, Mobile Terrarians, for something awesome is coming your way very soon! :cool:

We are looking forward to sharing the latest and greatest as development plows ahead - for Mobile and for Consoles - stay tuned!

Greetings Terrarians!

Here's the latest and greatest happenings on the Community side of things. Thanks as always for being the most engaged and awesome gaming Community ever!

TERRARIA MERCHANDISE UPDATES

Lots of new stuff on the Terraria merch front - either already out or coming soon! For this SOTG, we are going to take a moment to feature the latest and greatest from Sanshee. Watch this space for new Terraria merchandise offerings from both Sanshee as well as some new partners that we have not yet revealed! :cool:

Our fantastic partners over at Sanshee have just released the second pin in the Biome Pin Series - this one based on the Desert Biome. Pick one up... or grab both if you missed the Forest Biome Pin earlier this year. Of course, Sanshee has plenty of other epic Terraria items in stock, so if you haven't checked these out yet, make sure you do so. Plenty more is planned in this space - both pins and more, so make sure that you bookmark that Sanshee Terraria page today!

View attachment 293059

index.php

BUILDER SHOWCASE

The Terraria Community is chock full of creative individuals - and this month, we wanted to highlight a handful of epic creators. Of course the Creation Compendium shows off a lot of amazing builds and other creative Terrarian expressions each month (if you haven't checked the CC out before, you really are missing out > CREATION COMPENDIUM ), but we wanted to take a few moments to show off some epic creations that were not posted within the Compendium. We wouldn't want everyone else to miss out on this awesomeness, after all!

If you have something really cool that you want to share with Terrarians everywhere, be sure to submit it to the Creation Compendium or tag us here or on Social Media so that we don't miss it!

View attachment 293060
by @TerraMonolith

---

View attachment 293061
by @Zuri

---

View attachment 293064
by @Sybonn

---

View attachment 293063
by @Memmerite

---

View attachment 293065
by @santxi

---

View attachment 293066
by @Lailu

This feels like dad coming home with the milk after 10 years

You mean the mount that Leinfors straight up said is getting nerfed in the official balance feedback thread? Yeah, master mode won't even have that anymore soon. And also, if you can beat expert, master mode literally doesn't take any more skill at all, only patience. There is absolutely no new experience to be gained from master mode besides the fact that it was a major letdown and by far the worst thing in the entirety of 1.4. Negative torch luck didn't even come close to this.

You mean the mount that Leinfors straight up said is getting nerfed in the official balance feedback thread? Yeah, master mode won't even have that anymore soon. And also, if you can beat expert, master mode literally doesn't take any more skill at all, only patience. There is absolutely no new experience to be gained from master mode besides the fact that it was a major letdown and by far the worst thing in the entirety of 1.4. Negative torch luck didn't even come close to this.

Oh they nerfing Black Spot? R I P (Got link to exact post where he says that and how its going to be nerfed?)
As for Master Mode being not much harder than Expert. Yea my point exactly i only play Master Mode for the 7 accessory slots. That alone is worth it to me. I pretend its still Expert but with 7 slots instead 6. (They can't nerf that can't they? :p)

I know what he said i'm just saying that these 2 things are IMO worth powering through Master Mode.
Besides Master Mode isn't that much harder than Expert.

If you can handle Expert you should have no problem with Master Mode.
At least from my experience.
Holy crab cakes are you serious?
WTF I was hoping even just the simple green slime to be as hard to beat as a boss, and your saying they only added some health and junk to everyone? W.T.F.
No new special ways they attack, no new added skills like they turn invisible, nothing?!

Please excuse me while I let out my inner cliff.
(All that is blank below is me swearing, don’t say I didn’t warn you)

WHAT THE :red: HOW DO THEY :red:ING DO THIS THIS IS :red:ING BULL:red: HOLU :red:ING :red: WHAT THE HELL!??

Great, now all I get to look forward to is some new NPCs, bosses and gem trees.

and you said somthing about the only thing that makes MASTERMODE (sorry for previously calling it HARDMODE, stupid spellcheck) worth playing getting nerfed?
What is going on in their heads?

To be fair they did say that before 1.4 release that Master Mode won't be anything else than just flat damage and health increases with mostly cosmetic rewards.
We pretty much got what was advertised. Nothing less nothing more.

Oh they nerfing Black Spot? R I P (Got link to exact post where he says that and how its going to be nerfed?)
As for Master Mode being not much harder than Expert. Yea my point exactly i only play Master Mode for the 7 accessory slots. That alone is worth it to me. I pretend its still Expert but with 7 slots instead 6. (They can't nerf that can't they? :p)
Here it is, it’s item 6.
To be fair they did say that before 1.4 release that Master Mode won't be anything else than just flat damage and health increases with mostly cosmetic rewards.
We pretty much got what was advertised. Nothing less nothing more.
The target audience was unhappy with that statement as soon as it showed up and said that unless it changed they would be directly opposed to it. Actual “masters” of the game could already nohit the expert bosses, so calling it a difficulty for true tryhards and masters of combat was a big middle finger to them. It would have been forgivable had the mode felt like more than a 5 minute addition.

Last edited:
Master mode is great. The stats may be padded, but it's enough that it seriously made me consider how I went into every fight, and it led to some super organic gameplay moments, like the point where I had to dig a tunnel underneath my entire village just to connect my early game spawn to my house because the zombies were just too powerful. It made me think about my gear and really seek out specific strategies, and it turned previously mindless things into, while slightly frustrating, more memorable moments.

Also the extra accessory slot is worth everything. I can never go back to expert. Ever. That single little square makes the entire game play so much better.

Master mode is great. The stats may be padded, but it's enough that it seriously made me consider how I went into every fight, and it led to some super organic gameplay moments, like the point where I had to dig a tunnel underneath my entire village just to connect my early game spawn to my house because the zombies were just too powerful. It made me think about my gear and really seek out specific strategies, and it turned previously mindless things into, while slightly frustrating, more memorable moments.

Also the extra accessory slot is worth everything. I can never go back to expert. Ever. That single little square makes the entire game play so much better.
And meanwhile, as someone who just grenades everything in their path, early game was exactly the same. The exact same strategies I had been pulling for years still worked (in fact, they were even more effective because of the absurd degree money grinding was buffed to). It utterly failed to pose a challenge.

Stop so complaining about Master Mode. People nothing but complain. If they added a new AI to new enemies, people would complain why this is in Master Mode, since it could also be in Expert Mode. Everyone wants new attacks in the Master Mode, but the truth is that it would actually make sense, new ai would have to get exactly the opponents themselves, which in the Mode Expert. So much to everyone about it? Well, please, hang your creativity:

1. What new attack to add to the skeletons?

2. What will be the third phase of Eye of Cthulhu?

3. What will be the fourth phase of Duke Fishron?

4. What else can I equip with Zombies?

5. How about if the Granite Elementals in Master Mode go through the blocks again?

6. Maybe enemys have another stat boost after defeating Moon Lord?

7. What other opponents can be upgraded to Expert Mode and then upgraded to Master Mode again?

And meanwhile, as someone who just grenades everything in their path, early game was exactly the same. The exact same strategies I had been pulling for years still worked (in fact, they were even more effective because of the absurd degree money grinding was buffed to). It utterly failed to pose a challenge.
Well if it it so boring, try doing to for the worthy seed, adds some more challenges than normal mastermode

Stop so complaining about Master Mode. People nothing but complain. If they added a new AI to new enemies, people would complain why this is in Master Mode, since it could also be in Expert Mode. Everyone wants new attacks in the Master Mode, but the truth is that it would actually make sense, new ai would have to get exactly the opponents themselves, which in the Mode Expert. So much to everyone about it? Well, please, hang your creativity:
I'm not going to stop complaining about master mode. And it's funny you say I do "nothing but complain" because I was actually one of the first people to praise the implementation of the Torch God event as an alternative to negative torch luck. The game's different modes should be distinct, you should not be able to apply the same strategy to a mode that you already applied to the ones below it. If they added attack patterns to master mode, it would actually allow it to be distinct from expert. You say people would wonder why the new patterns aren't expert, but here's the thing: expert already has new attack patterns compared to normal, and people don't wonder/wish they were in normal.
Well, please, hang your creativity:

1. What new attack to add to the skeletons?

2. What will be the third phase of Eye of Cthulhu?

3. What will be the fourth phase of Duke Fishron?

4. What else can I equip with Zombies?

5. How about if the Granite Elementals in Master Mode go through the blocks again?

6. Maybe enemys have another stat boost after defeating Moon Lord?

7. What other opponents can be upgraded to Expert Mode and then upgraded to Master Mode again?
Sure, I will! I have plenty ideas for it that wouldn't even be theoretically that hard to implement.

1. Both of the skeletrons should have their arms be actually competent and be able to actually hit you besides Prime's laser arm. Make Skeletrons' arms move faster so they can hit you more often than once every eon, make Prime Vice and Prime Saw do the same, and make the Cannon more accurate and have it's bombs detonate on contact with the player. You could even make the arms just detach from the head sometimes if you need to.
  2. There doesn't need to be a new phase, just make the eye able to summon Servants in it's second phase beyond it's transformation. It could be independant from the other attacks so it doesn't need to pause to summon them like in it's first phase.
  3. Again, a fourth phase wouldn't be necessary, just make it's bubbles no longer affected by wind and disappear on a timer (10 seconds?) instead of damage, so that Inferno potions don't make so many of it's attacks useless.
  4. Maybe slimed zombies could leave a slime behind on death? It wouldn't be especially threatening, but this is earlygame.
  5. I mean, sure. It's very annoying, but sure, I don't see a problem with it.
  6. Why should enemies have another stat boost after moon lord if there's no post-moon lord content.
  7. Literally any dynamic changes would be nice. We currently have none.
Well if it it so boring, try doing to for the worthy seed, adds some more challenges than normal mastermode
It's kind of a meme mode. You can tell because of the random size changes they slapped onto bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom