Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a nice day, thank you Terraria dev team! <3
terraria.png

I wonder is there a way to change the Video Visage vanity effect to the "RGB / Color Test" (like shown on the trailer) instead the default purple emoji that it seems to be constantly displaying?

I wonder is there a way to change the Video Visage effect to the "RGB / Color Test" (like shown on the trailer) instead the default purple emoji that it seems to be constantly displaying?

The various screens change depending on your current location/status.

The RGB test is the "Default" and the Purple Emoji shows while in town. There are some others as well.

So I got the Cursed Flames. I have both the Cursed Flames and Golden Shower, and I will use both.

With the Ichor nerf, and the buff to Cursed Inferno...

Is the Cursed Flames a viable weapon compared to the Golden Shower now? I am not saying the Golden Shower is bad.

it's finally here!!! and the changes are so good too!!! some were amazing (super star shooter is easier to get and more achievements! a new NPC, and the better chance for sword shrines. antlion larvae nerf and more... I think I'm gonna die of happiness!!!) and some, good but sad. (rip chlorophyte bullets . onyx blaster, ichor, and others.) but we knew it was too good to be around for too long. some were problems we all had, (pylons during pillars, and sand block replace) but we all know, no matter what, that terraria will make it work. one way, or another.

also, if fledgling wings are in sky chest, and they prevent fall damage, do we finally have a pair of pre hard mode wings!!! or will they not prevent fall damage, or will the journey wings be replaced with the hook, meaning it's only for journey mode.

In addition to all these amazing changes, it's interesting to see some enemy rebalancing. Jungle Creepers got massive buffs which were deserved but scary, as if the Hardmode Underground Jungle wasn't deadly enough already...

Then we have the Fungi Bulb.

View attachment 294415

Not the giant obnoxious abomination that snipes you to death in two hits through walls, but the cute little one.
The small Fungi Bulb is smaller than a lowly Snatcher, and has very similar stats. And yet, it appears only in Hardmode when it's a complete pushover.

It feels like these things were supposed to appear in Pre-Hardmode, but don't for some reason. I think implementing that would add a new interesting enemy to combat, and bring some more flavour and variety to Pre-Hardmode Glowing Mushroom Fields.

If more bug fixes and tiny balance changes were to come, I would be happy to see Fungi Bulbs in Pre-Hardmode worlds. :happy:
Huh, now that I think of it. This DOES fits more in Pre-Hardmode. Wow, good observation. Now I actually want to see Fungi Bulbs in a Pre-Hardmode world as well.

Okay, there are a lot of nice changes here, although I find the golden horseshoe relocation pretty strange. Up in the air where you have to prove you can avoid falling seems like a good place to put an accessory that stops fall damage. What will this do to the fishing chances for it, I wonder?

More importantly... STILL nothing to help keep wraiths and such crap out of our bases?!

Those changes are great, but there is a number of things I want to talk about:

"Fixed an issue where Pylon NPC detection only checked for the housing flag, and not the actual NPCs being present near their home."
I predict that It can cause a problem where you can't teleport to a town because a town npc moved far away from the pylon.

"Meteorite Ore: While still immune to explosions under normal circumstances, like other materials, they will become breakable with explosives after entering Hardmode "
I think that instead of turning It into another Hellstone Ore, could instead make them more resistant to explosives, so you would need more explosives to break them, since the ores more far from the explosions would end up cracked, instead of being destroyed. (Of course, cracked ores hit by another explosion could end up being broken).

And what is this?
"TreeHit for Loot (Buff)
- The limit on the number of TreeHits you can attempt per day has been increased from 200 to 500."
Not only It's bad that you need to keep hitting trees to attempt for loot, but also there is a limit of hits you can do per day?

I think It would be better if could plant the fruits gathered from trees, so don't need to play the TreeHit rng everyday.

Incredible update, I have a very small bug report though: the Royal Scepter appears behind cloaks when held, giving the illusion that either it's floating there beside you or it's glued to the outside of the cloak. Tested with Mysterious Cape, Red Cape, Winter Cape, and Crimson Cloak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom