tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, random idea I had while reading about everyone talking about suits. Not sure how feasible this is, but what if you had a sub-menu for the armor pieces similar to the sub-menus for the cannons and morph ball. The helmet could have slots for possible visors if you add them, the body could hold suit upgrades, like the varia and gravity suit. Not sure what the boots could hold, perhaps space jump or screw attack? Also, for armor, you could have each piece of armor hold energy tanks to increase their defense, similar to the missile launcher holding missile tanks.
Random idea, it may just be easier to have multiple suits for higher defense.

So, random idea I had while reading about everyone talking about suits. Not sure how feasible this is, but what if you had a sub-menu for the armor pieces similar to the sub-menus for the cannons and morph ball. The helmet could have slots for possible visors if you add them, the body could hold suit upgrades, like the varia and gravity suit. Not sure what the boots could hold, perhaps space jump or screw attack? Also, for armor, you could have each piece of armor hold energy tanks to increase their defense, similar to the missile launcher holding missile tanks.
Random idea, it may just be easier to have multiple suits for higher defense.
not sure to be honest, i think accessories would work better instead of a sub menu for armor pieces

Oh. My. God. PLEASE tell me the rest of the Lunar suits are coming too! It'd be so cool to, for example, wear the Nebula Suit while also using the Nebula Beam! Personally, I'm going Solar!
Well, I dont know that, sorry. But they look sick. Hopeful Scooter could say more soon.
;)
Did you see the other videos too?

Played AM2R for like 4 hours straight and man this just made me ten times more hyped, this is gonna kill me sometime
Although just one question, have new beams been added since the weapons and abilities video from 2018?

Update on the A2MR thing:
Didn't bother getting all the items
Took a camera screenshot since I played this on the ps vita

Attachments

• IMG_20200929_030310.jpg
    IMG_20200929_030310.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 198
Played AM2R for like 4 hours straight and man this just made me ten times more hyped, this is gonna kill me sometime
Although just one question, have new beams been added since the weapons and abilities video from 2018?
Doing the same but with Samus Returns, and if I have time I will with AM2R. But dont see it happening because the Terraria next update is just here, a couple of weeks from now.
Now I have my mind infested with Metroid, Metroid everywhere, all I can think (and dream apparently) is METROID....

Send help....
^_^U

It's been a little over a month since you last wrote here Scooter, How you holding up?
It's been good. Just... juggling a couple of things in my life. Figuring out a proper work ethic so that I don't just slack off for weeks on end is something I'm having trouble with. Though lately just weird stuff has been happening irl for me, which is the primary thing slowing me down.

I'm sorry for the long wait for this mod. I do want to release it this year, though that's something I also said last year... Hopefully I actually do it this time.

It's been good. Just... juggling a couple of things in my life. Figuring out a proper work ethic so that I don't just slack off for weeks on end is something I'm having trouble with. Though lately just weird stuff has been happening irl for me, which is the primary thing slowing me down.

I'm sorry for the long wait for this mod. I do want to release it this year, though that's something I also said last year... Hopefully I actually do it this time.
Hope those things are just weird and not bad ones.
If you release it this year would be terrific, because what a hellevator of a year we had... -_-:sigh:
Personally, and we as people with the covid and that.
Hope the 2021 will be better.
And with your mod and this new 1.4.1 update, sounds fun already.
Want to play with it and Thorium, and make the character use only your mod stuff, like if it were an expedition to a new planet by some Samus like character. :hoppinjack:

A question, are the armors able to be dyed? Just asking if it is already possible, not asking you to do it, sounds like a lot of work.
And are there any turret summoner weapon? Or traditional summoner one?
Hugs <3:passionate:

Last edited:
Been following this for what seems like forever with no released content. Can someone please educate me as to why this is not in the "works in progress" section since the original release is essentially a separate mod from what we're all here for?

It seems crazy to me that there has been no public releases through this entire process. I mean... It can't be easy to stay motivated for a project that is built purely on expectation and failed deadlines. I say at this point just release what you have so the community can help you improve it. The development time for this project has been exceptionally long-going at this point and I'm sure most of us who are patiently waiting would be happy to help out in some way.

The updated mod loader will be out soon and then this project will need to be updated again anyway. Might as well push out a WIP version right now so people can help locate bugs/issues. I'm certain that people would enjoy what is already in the mod regardless of how buggy/broken it is. This would in turn likely help motivate since people would be discussing it more. Rather than the forum essentially being either the same questions over and over (when is it coming out) or random off-topic stuff.

A question, are the armors able to be dyed?
tModLoader practically automates dyes for mod created armors, so yes.
Been following this for what seems like forever with no released content. Can someone please educate me as to why this is not in the "works in progress" section since the original release is essentially a separate mod from what we're all here for?
Because I'm too lazy to create a new thread in the WIP section. And I plan to create a new thread in the Released section on release anyway, though many people here have said they want to just keep using this thread and have the title changed. I'll cross that road when I get there, but for now, I don't see any dire reason in starting a new thread.
It seems crazy to me that there has been no public releases through this entire process. I mean... It can't be easy to stay motivated for a project that is built purely on expectation and failed deadlines. I say at this point just release what you have so the community can help you improve it. The development time for this project has been exceptionally long-going at this point and I'm sure most of us who are patiently waiting would be happy to help out in some way.
That would be the easy solution if I weren't such a perfectionist. The main reason it hasn't been released yet, is because the team and I are still doing initial (alpha) testing to iron out any placeholder variables/whatevs we still have in there. Though said testing has been slowed to a near halt due to the irl issues I mentioned before.

The general idea is that while I don't expect the first release to be bug free or properly balanced, there are currently bugs and balance issues that I'm well aware of and are in need of addressing. Could I go ahead and make a release with these issues still present?... Sure, probably, but I really don't want to. However, if the year ends before I address these issues, I may as well go ahead and release because even I'm getting sick of this.
The updated mod loader will be out soon and
What updated mod loader? Last I checked, tModLoader wasn't going into 1.4 for at least a few months.

what about making it into an open beta?
It has been mentioned before:

"Currently, I guess you could say the mod is still in alpha... a very late alpha, but still alpha. The reason being is that there's still multiple placeholder values/variables, and what I and my team are testing for is to create better base values to start everything off with (I don't expect this mod to be 100% balanced or bug free on first release).

When these placeholder values and variables are replaced with acceptable, more fine-tuned values, we can move onto beta... which will be the first release--an open beta release. Which is way easier than carefully selecting beta testers, plus it gets the mod out to the public sooner"

I believe he wants to get out all the kinks first, before creating an open beta. This was during July I think.

Actually haven't played 1.4.1, despite Terraria being by far my most played game ever. I just got really burnt out. I don't have any more motivation to play it
Well, I can understand that really well. I can't play it run after run. The last time was back when 1.4 released.
I will play it now, want to see it complete and try Journey mode, last time was Master. After that will not play it until Scooterboot release the mod.

The burn out can happen with even the favourite games. It happened to me with Animal Crossing for example (new leaf)
Usually I get all the collections in a year (fish, bugs, fossils...) But didnt with New Leaf until recently, back in spring. That was a 7 year gap playing a bit now and then. Cant play it so much like I did with Wild World.

To my brother is Monster Hunter, we played it a lot (MHFU, MH3rd, MH4U and Gen) and now he can't find it fun anymore.
Btw, MH is for me one of the most played franchises ever, more than 2500+ hours,
Terraria is close to that number bein 1900+ hours.

Just give it time, maybe you want to use it again in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom