**REPORTED** Crash during credits (Specific scene)

Aqre

Official Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Terraria crashes when I reach the part where the Tavernkeep and the Dryad are parting ways and the moment the Tavernkeep steps in the portal, the game crashes. The crash report is in the spoiler below.
15-Oct-20 5:20:18 PM
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'Texture2D'.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
My specs:
Version: Windows 10 Home (10.0.1.19041 Build 19041) x64 Based PC
Processor: AMD FX-9800P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G, 2700 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Controls Used: Standard Mouse (Logitech) and Keyboard (Not sure what brand)
Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.5 GB usable)

Let me know if you need any more info! :)

Thanks for the report! And Zilem, I saw your report too but was waiting to check it myself. As there's been more than one report, I'll log this for a fix.

@Aqre and @Zilem - were you watching the credits from the main menu or after defeating Moon Lord? (Any other info that you have to help narrow down the cause would also be appreciated!)

@Sigma90
I Watched The Credits from the Main Menu
I have not fought Moon Lord in 1.4.1 yet, due to this

Hmm.... Well Texturepacks rested to none enabled for after the 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.1 updates
Not sure if it is Related to that issue with settings, as nothing else in setting resat between updates

Thank you for the info - I added it the report.

Hmm.... Well Texturepacks rested to none enabled for after the 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.1 updates
Not sure if it is Related to that issue with settings, as nothing else in setting resat between updates
Some players experience their settings being reset after each update. That might be what affected you.

Thanks for the report! And Zilem, I saw your report too but was waiting to check it myself. As there's been more than one report, I'll log this for a fix.

@Aqre and @Zilem - were you watching the credits from the main menu or after defeating Moon Lord? (Any other info that you have to help narrow down the cause would also be appreciated!)
Yeah, I watched it from the main menu. I do have Texture Packs on so maybe I should disable them all and try watching credits again. I'll edit this post if taking off texture packs fixes it.
EDIT: Yep, I got the same exact error and crashed at the same exact time. Texture packs have no effect.

@Sigma90
So yesterday, after i changed few things in the ResourcePacks folder (I Merged a W.I.P. folder with my main Texturepack's folder)
and i suddenly crashed doing the Skeleton Trader short, instead of the short with The Princess, Witch Doctor and Lihzahrd's
But like before disabling texturepacks didn't stop the crash from happening.

However! since there was a change in where the crash occured doing the credits
I decided to move all texturepacks out of the ResourcePacks Folder
which made me able to Pass both Crash areas and watch the whole thing :dryadconfused:
(Still from the Menu though)

So i decided to follow the Bunny.... here is what i went trough and noticed:
> only my main Texturepack as .zip - the crash is now right before the short with Truffle and Clothier
> only my main Texturepack as folder - crashed like mentioned in top
> having everything else but my main texturepack - no crash!
> I removed the TownNPCs Folder - no crash!
> I removed everything but the NPC Folder - crashed like mentioned in top
> Removed the Skeleton Merchant sprites and kept all Townies others - no crash!
-
> Just the Skeleton Merchant sprites - no crash (unexpected)
> just my main Texturepack but no sprite for the Skeleton merchant sprites - the crash is now at the Dryad solo short
> same as above but now Dryad sprites were removed too - no crash!
> everything, but no TownNPCs folder in my texturepack - crashed like mentioned in top
> everything, but no TownNPCs folder in any texturepack (folders) - no crash

It seems like the issue might be related to TownNPCs, if the sprites are also texturepacks. active or not
(or possible to any of the sprites used in the credit scenes...)
Well, i hope this can be any help at all :dryadrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom