tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys i saw the new recipes for the true night's edge and true excalibur and i have to say...

I am a bit dissapointed.

I think i know how the devs can change it so they make more sense:

1) For TNE: Replace the 20 souls of sight with 25 or 30 souls of night. Keep the rest.

2) For TEx: Replace the chlorofite bars with 25 or 30 souls of light, 15 souls of might, 30 pixie dust, 13 crystal shards and 3 unicorn horns. (The pixie dust and the 13 crystal shards supposed to be a reference to King Arthur's legend)

It should be more logical this way while keeping us from obtaining them too soon... I think.

I guess it's a progression thing. I.e. the True Night's Edge and the True Excalibur shouldn't be conceptual "light and dark" mirrors of each other, but should be staggered relatively equally from late Pre-Hardmode to mid Hardmode. The following is entirely my personal opinion.

Night's Edge - As normal, just after attaining Hellstone Bars and having raided the Dungeon.
True Night's Edge - Early Hardmode - Requires Souls of Night.
True Excalibur - After all Mechanical Bosses have been vanquished.
Terra Blade - Post-Golem.

This grants each blade their own time to shine without overshadowing another step in the progression of the journey to the Terra Blade, and still gives the Terra Blade a reason to be worked for and enjoyed. Plus, after that, you still have the other assorted blades between Terra Blade and Zenith, which will have to be gathered anyway. I figure Terra Blade is slightly more powerful than the Influx Waiver and Horseman's Blade, both of which are included in Zenith, and require Ectoplasm from the Post-Plantera Dungeon to activate the Halloween event.

Hey, guys i saw the new recipes for the true night's edge and true excalibur and i have to say...

I am a bit dissapointed.

I think i know how the devs can change it so they make more sense:

1) For TNE: Replace the 20 souls of sight with 25 or 30 souls of night. Keep the rest.

2) For TEx: Replace the chlorofite bars with 25 or 30 souls of light, 15 souls of might, 30 pixie dust, 13 crystal shards and 3 unicorn horns. (The pixie dust and the 13 crystal shards supposed to be a reference to King Arthur's legend)

It should be more logical this way while keeping us from obtaining them too soon... I think.
I guess it's a progression thing. I.e. the True Night's Edge and the True Excalibur shouldn't be conceptual "light and dark" mirrors of each other, but should be staggered relatively equally from late Pre-Hardmode to mid Hardmode. The following is entirely my personal opinion.

Night's Edge - As normal, just after attaining Hellstone Bars and having raided the Dungeon.

This grants each blade their own time to shine without overshadowing another step in the progression of the journey to the Terra Blade, and still gives the Terra Blade a reason to be worked for and enjoyed. Plus, after that, you still have the other assorted blades between Terra Blade and Zenith, which will have to be gathered anyway. I figure Terra Blade is slightly more powerful than the Influx Waiver and Horseman's Blade, both of which are included in Zenith, and require Ectoplasm from the Post-Plantera Dungeon to activate the Halloween event.
isn't this... a thread for a mod?

It kind of turned into a social hub. :-3 We're all okay with that.

Think of it like a thread for a particular mod, yes, but there's a Starbucks in there too for some reason and people are like "Eh."

I sorta got burnt out on 1.4 when I saw the "metroid mod will be released this month" post back in may. and, I haven't been able to get back into 1.4, plus, after 1.4 launch, it was revealed that 1.4 didn't have mod support yet, only 1.3 and 1.3 tmodloader requires 64 bit tmodloader which is "interesting" to setup (I actually need it, because, with each update to terraria, there's less available memory for mods.)
now, just to hope that it gets released soon

I sorta got burnt out on 1.4 when I saw the "metroid mod will be released this month" post back in may. and, I haven't been able to get back into 1.4, plus, after 1.4 launch, it was revealed that 1.4 didn't have mod support yet, only 1.3 and 1.3 tmodloader requires 64 bit tmodloader which is "interesting" to setup (I actually need it, because, with each update to terraria, there's less available memory for mods.)
now, just to hope that it gets released soon
Right, I know what you mean. Luckily there's two respites to this.
1) There's a 64-bit version of tModLoader. Lets you use all of your RAM. <3 It's still for 1.3.5 and works great.
2) This patcher tool is EXTREMELY easy to use and does indeed work phenomenally with 1.4. It's the next best thing to modding for 1.4

Actually, aren't you forgetting about the normal Excalibur?

Actually, aren't you forgetting about the normal Excalibur?
It can stay where it is. o.o True Excalibur can perhaps be bumped up slightly to after Plantera but before Golem. Maybe Plantera could have a certain chance to drop a "Slotted Stone" that you can combine with the Excalibur to become the True Excalibur.

I've been watching a lot of Merlin lately. :-3 Great show. It's on Netflix.

Hey folks, just a quick reminder to keep the messages here related to the thread’s topic, Scooterboots Metroid Mod. There are plenty of other places to chat.
Sorry for that :D
Sometimes I diverge from the topic.

Well, anybody knows if there will be any NPCs? It could be nice to have some vendor or advisor from Metroid to chat like the Guide. It could say things like where is the chozite, or the weakness of metroids (for people who not played the games) Even how the addons works for the gun, missiles and sphere.
Maybe it could be Samus, Adam or a stationary artificial inteligence (like a furniture) that you can interact. (That way we could build some spaceship and place it inside to make it more like one)
Dont know how hard it could be, but if we could use that console to locate biomes, or metroid spawn points, tips for spawn bosses... sounds awesome.

PD: Some custom traps like the already present in vanilla (dart, fire, etc) but spacey, metallic and some lasers sounds soooo nice too.
Maybe those are in the mod already but dont know :D

Have a nice day people <3:passionate:

Sorry for that :D
Sometimes I diverge from the topic.

Well, anybody knows if there will be any NPCs? It could be nice to have some vendor or advisor from Metroid to chat like the Guide. It could say things like where is the chozite, or the weakness of metroids (for people who not played the games) Even how the addons works for the gun, missiles and sphere.
Maybe it could be Samus, Adam or a stationary artificial inteligence (like a furniture) that you can interact. (That way we could build some spaceship and place it inside to make it more like one)
Dont know how hard it could be, but if we could use that console to locate biomes, or metroid spawn points, tips for spawn bosses... sounds awesome.

PD: Some custom traps like the already present in vanilla (dart, fire, etc) but spacey, metallic and some lasers sounds soooo nice too.
Maybe those are in the mod already but dont know :D

Have a nice day people <3:passionate:

Hey, the advisor actually sounds like a fantastic idea. It could show some kind of window database that let's you navigate through the same info you mentioned (chating a thousand times for random tips would be kind of annoying given the amount of content of the mod), but i would add enemy entries (unless scooter adds them in the bestiary), other mod related ores, a bit of adapted lore (like, for ex: some researchers cloned metroids in Terraria and so on) and game mechanics that are often only know for metroid fans or not explained often. The furniture item idea seems like a very reliable option, it feels way more simple than coding an npc, but if it is an npc it could be a Chozo ghost, an "experienced space mercenary" or a "soldier from a nearby galaxy", anyway, as long as it is a reference or nod to metroid i believe it would be cool and very helpful.

Hey, the advisor actually sounds like a fantastic idea. It could show some kind of window database that let's you navigate through the same info you mentioned (chating a thousand times for random tips would be kind of annoying given the amount of content of the mod), but i would add enemy entries (unless scooter adds them in the bestiary), other mod related ores, a bit of adapted lore (like, for ex: some researchers cloned metroids in Terraria and so on) and game mechanics that are often only know for metroid fans or not explained often. The furniture item idea seems like a very reliable option, it feels way more simple than coding an npc, but if it is an npc it could be a Chozo ghost, an "experienced space mercenary" or a "soldier from a nearby galaxy", anyway, as long as it is a reference or nod to metroid i believe it would be cool and very helpful.
Yeah, if it is a furniture it should have some kind of menu to see the info for yourself, it is a computer after all.
The enemy entries sounds awesome but I guess it makes more sense to put them in the bestiary in the future, that sounds easier. But imagine the posibility to make your idea with some info like in Metroid Prime series.
:passionate: :hoppinjack:
About the ores, well I said to detect biomes and the chozite itself to keep it simple, because I dont know how to code and that sounds so complicated. But if we unleash the imagination, that seems like a incredible idea.
About the lore... can't bother less about it, always a fan to make mine or keep it blank. When I play this, I will simply name the World SR388 and call it a day. And explore it like we did in M2
About the info about the hidden perks and bits of Metroid, like grapple in ledges, Ice+Metroids, and so on, I can't agree more with you.
And the Advisor, well I prefer it to be a furniture, so we can use it in our bases. The NPCs are alright but there are to much of them already, a spacey computer could bring some SCY-FY and a mayor vibe of Metroid to the mod. If not I prefer big characters from the franchise like Adam. Even prefer that the computer be called Adam like the Metroid Fusion one.
That doesn't mean I don't like those, specially the Chozo Ghost.

That give me ideas, like imagine we could use some chozo/spacey furniture. Some random info screens, chozo holograms, "maps" of the planet, wires, cozy and "not cozy at all" ilummination devices, cameras, turrets... woah, my head could explode hahaha.
That is one big thing I miss from Starbound, it is so hard to make ScyFy, spacey, or even Fallout like bases in Terraria.

20170426125630_1.jpg

This is the best I can do, the light isn't great but it is a under ice spaceship base.
Used some cog wall with copper and that created the illusion it was bigger because the cogs move. And the lights in the ship need a large gem to function, to make the idea the gem is a energy fuel or device. The door (actuated) and some red gemspark blocks (the "flying devices") also need others big gems.

Glad you like my sugestion, and be surrounded by some nice metroid fans. Usually hard to find, Metroid is a franchise for sybarites, hahaha.
You made my day, so hope you have a nice one too.
<3

PD: Sorry, wall of text...`-_-`:D

Last edited:
Yeah, if it is a furniture it should have some kind of menu to see the info for yourself, it is a computer after all.
The enemy entries sounds awesome but I guess it makes more sense to put them in the bestiary in the future, that sounds easier. But imagine the posibility to make your idea with some info like in Metroid Prime series.
:passionate: :hoppinjack:
About the ores, well I said to detect biomes and the chozite itself to keep it simple, because I dont know how to code and that sounds so complicated. But if we unleash the imagination, that seems like a incredible idea.
About the lore... can't bother less about it, always a fan to make mine or keep it blank. When I play this, I will simply name the World SR388 and call it a day. And explore it like we did in M2
About the info about the hidden perks and bits of Metroid, like grapple in ledges, Ice+Metroids, and so on, I can't agree more with you.
And the Advisor, well I prefer it to be a furniture, so we can use it in our bases. The NPCs are alright but there are to much of them already, a spacey computer could bring some SCY-FY and a mayor vibe of Metroid to the mod. If not I prefer big characters from the franchise like Adam. Even prefer that the computer be called Adam like the Metroid Fusion one.
That doesn't mean I don't like those, specially the Chozo Ghost.

That give me ideas, like imagine we could use some chozo/spacey furniture. Some random info screens, chozo holograms, "maps" of the planet, wires, cozy and "not cozy at all" ilummination devices, cameras, turrets... woah, my head could explode hahaha.
That is one big thing I miss from Starbound, it is so hard to make ScyFy, spacey, or even Fallout like bases in Terraria.

View attachment 295819
This is the best I can do, the light isn't great but it is a under ice spaceship base.
Used some cog wall with copper and that created the illusion it was bigger because the cogs move. And the lights in the ship need a large gem to function, to make the idea the gem is a energy fuel or device. The door (actuated) and some red gemspark blocks (the "flying devices") also need others big gems.

Glad you like my sugestion, and be surrounded by some nice metroid fans. Usually hard to find, Metroid is a franchise for sybarites, hahaha.
You made my day, so hope you have a nice one too.
<3

PD: Sorry, wall of text...`-_-`:D

Hey, that's neat. It really feels like a Metroid map, it gives the same feeling, and thank you too.:D

Man having a full theme map for this mod specifically would be pretty neato. Would need to have boss rooms and triggers for it but yeah.

Man having a full theme map for this mod specifically would be pretty neato. Would need to have boss rooms and triggers for it but yeah.
Years ago I played one, and a Castlevania one too. If we have in the mod some blocks, doors and furniture it could be a nice one.
But you know, the thing I am looking for is structures in the generation of the map. Like Chozo Shrines, some sort of dungeon and those things. Structures like we saw on the prime series could be nice too. A pirate lab or a nest from MP2.
Scooterboot said he want to do some Tourian dungeon, and if I am correct, it will be placed besides the Vanilla Dungeon, and we need to acces Tourian through it.
Just thinking about it, the mobs and the traps it could add and I feel a shiver in my spine.

Some MP2 devices to stop the corruption sounds awesome too. And some kind of dark world? Like Dark Aether.
I think I saw it in some old Scoot vids.
But it seems to me very hard to do. Maybe a Dark Aether biome that spread and hurts. And we could use some light cristals, and the light armor to wander there.
A nice recipe could be diamonds + souls of light? It depends if we can explore it before hardmode. Natural spawned light crystals here and there to jump from one to another? Like in the game?
Too much ideas, but I guess Scooterboot though about it a million times already.

Last edited:
Years ago I played one, and a Castlevania one too. If we have in the mod some blocks, doors and furniture it could be a nice one.
But you know, the thing I am looking for is structures in the generation of the map. Like Chozo Shrines, some sort of dungeon and those things. Structures like we saw on the prime series could be nice too. A pirate lab or a nest from MP2.
Scooterboot said he want to do some Tourian dungeon, and if I am correct, it will be placed besides the Vanilla Dungeon, and we need to acces Tourian through it.
Just thinking about it, the mobs and the traps it could add and I feel a shiver in my spine.

Some MP2 devices to stop the corruption sounds awesome too. And some kind of dark world? Like Dark Aether.
I think I saw it in some old Scoot vids.
But it seems to me very hard to do. Maybe a Dark Aether biome that spread and hurts. And we could use some light cristals, and the light armor to wander there.
A nice recipe could be diamonds + souls of light? It depends if we can explore it before hardmode. Natural spawned light crystals here and there to jump from one to another? Like in the game?
Too much ideas, but I guess Scooterboot though about it a million times already.
Natural structures are still welcome obviously I'm just thinking about how a theme map for the mod with blocks could be pretty awesome. Would need a lot of blocks though and I'm not sure how in-depth they're willing to go for that.

Also different biomes would be nice like Dark Aether could work. I know there's some mods that have added in stuff like different "dimensions" so perhaps it might be possible to utilize that for a dark/light type biome? Could be interesting to explore but I feel like Terraria's one largest limitation is and has always been its map size. Unlike, say, Minecraft which is an infinitely generating world with multiple instances for its other locations Terraria struggles in that department. Though I am aware that it's possible to sort of...jump maps in game which might be a good way of handling new biomes/worlds.

Natural structures are still welcome obviously I'm just thinking about how a theme map for the mod with blocks could be pretty awesome. Would need a lot of blocks though and I'm not sure how in-depth they're willing to go for that.

Also different biomes would be nice like Dark Aether could work. I know there's some mods that have added in stuff like different "dimensions" so perhaps it might be possible to utilize that for a dark/light type biome? Could be interesting to explore but I feel like Terraria's one largest limitation is and has always been its map size. Unlike, say, Minecraft which is an infinitely generating world with multiple instances for its other locations Terraria struggles in that department. Though I am aware that it's possible to sort of...jump maps in game which might be a good way of handling new biomes/worlds.
A theme map seems wonderful, though I dont know how much tiles have the mod.

Yes, I remember... Super Terraria Wolrd maybe? And Jopojelly has one too.

I see, maybe we could just generate a new world and choose it to be entirely a dark biome world and just hang there. Or even if we have the option to choose the "evil", maybe we can choose in another option if the world can have the dark biome as an alternate to another one.
Could be an option too, when we enter hardmode, a sort of event like the meteor can bring to the world the Dark biome, even a Phazon one.
Would like to see another biome ideas, like some sort of metallic ruins, or a underground jungle, Maridia... so much potential.

PD: Sorry, I am feeling that I am monopolizing the thread. ':eek:`:D

PPD: I remember some phazon ore chunks back then when played this mod. Good memories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom