tModLoader Terrarchitect

They are craftable but can't be placed, and show up in the game--if I try to place them the item stays in my inventory and does nothing *basically making it an item that can be in my inventory but cannot be placed in the world*

They are craftable but can't be placed, and show up in the game--if I try to place them the item stays in my inventory and does nothing *basically making it an item that can be in my inventory but cannot be placed in the world*
Mh, interesting, I've not had this issue reported so far. My guess would be that there is some sort of conflict with other mods. What other mods do you have installed if any?

Why the heck haven't I given this mod my full endorsements yet? As a builder and decorator, I tip my hat in your general directions! These sprites are utterly gorgeous and I would love to metaphorically move into a town in a world that I have built using the additions in this lovely mod.

Why the heck haven't I given this mod my full endorsements yet? As a builder and decorator, I tip my hat in your general directions! These sprites are utterly gorgeous and I would love to metaphorically move into a town in a world that I have built using the additions in this lovely mod.
Sorry for replying this late, but thank you so much for your kind words, I'm really glad you enjoy it this much. :)

Thank you! <3 I meant every word.

Inquiry, please! Just in case, heaven forbid, something ever happens to you and you drop off the face of the earth like so many talented mod authors, do you have plans on making this open source so someone else can pick up where it was left off and keep such a beautiful mod active and thriving, and at least compatible with whatever tModLoader is out there?

Thank you! <3 I meant every word.

Inquiry, please! Just in case, heaven forbid, something ever happens to you and you drop off the face of the earth like so many talented mod authors, do you have plans on making this open source so someone else can pick up where it was left off and keep such a beautiful mod active and thriving, and at least compatible with whatever tModLoader is out there?
This is actually something that I thought about in the past, what I'd do in case I'm no longer interested in working on it. Just recently we had a hiatus of a few weeks because I do struggle with depression from time to time and it looked like development was basically at an end, but we recently resumed working on it.
Of course it depends on what the reason would be for the project coming to a final end, but I'm totally open to the idea of handing it off to somebody else to continue working on it or making it open source or something like that so it can live on in some form. :)

Ah, I'm sorry to hear about the depression. Definitely wishing you the best of health, wealth, and happiness all about it. It's certainly been an interesting year, and I know having a diversion can help. Having friendly supportive people around you may help even more, as long as it doesn't feel like it's applying pressure on you from any sides.

It's why I'm bringing it up, actually. As a developer of similar projects, I'd sometimes wonder if my work would never see a release or a benefit to people if I should suddenly just stop developing for some reason. Would all of that progress be lost? Would it matter to people?

I find I'm a lot calmer when I tell myself (Or even others) "Hey, I'm just doing this for fun. If you're enjoying my work, cool! If someone steals it for themselves or takes credit, then hopefully they're having fun too, though my name is still attached to the original thread and I'd appreciate people jumping in and defending me. But at least my stuff is out there for people to enjoy." - I guess that would ease my mind a little, knowing it's an easy insurance card, ... simply having frequent updates being open source in a Dropbox or something. I dunno. Lots of options, but it's your project. Gotta keep yourself happy. No one's getting paid for any of this, but it's certainly true that the greatest amount of joy and benefit generally wins out. :-3

Ah, I'm sorry to hear about the depression. Definitely wishing you the best of health, wealth, and happiness all about it. It's certainly been an interesting year, and I know having a diversion can help. Having friendly supportive people around you may help even more, as long as it doesn't feel like it's applying pressure on you from any sides.

It's why I'm bringing it up, actually. As a developer of similar projects, I'd sometimes wonder if my work would never see a release or a benefit to people if I should suddenly just stop developing for some reason. Would all of that progress be lost? Would it matter to people?

I find I'm a lot calmer when I tell myself (Or even others) "Hey, I'm just doing this for fun. If you're enjoying my work, cool! If someone steals it for themselves or takes credit, then hopefully they're having fun too, though my name is still attached to the original thread and I'd appreciate people jumping in and defending me. But at least my stuff is out there for people to enjoy." - I guess that would ease my mind a little, knowing it's an easy insurance card, ... simply having frequent updates being open source in a Dropbox or something. I dunno. Lots of options, but it's your project. Gotta keep yourself happy. No one's getting paid for any of this, but it's certainly true that the greatest amount of joy and benefit generally wins out. :-3
Thank you very much for the supportive words, I really appreciate them. :)

I can resonate with a lot of what you said and what helped me get back to the project was picking back up a different, more "serious" project I had put on ice once the pandemic hit, which is launching a small business in the area of textile printing and selling apparel. Putting that back into focus helped me view Terrarchitect with more ease, seeing it just as a fun side project. After the business plans had been put on the backburner, Terrarchitect became my main focus and I almost did nothing else all day but work on it. This created a lot of pressure since there was nothing else and it eventually sucked all the fun out of it.

Now I'm more relaxed towards it and that allowed me to find my way back to it. :)

Real quick - I have these "Hazard Warning block" ... blocks, and it says I can turn them into Hazard Warning Block walls without any crafting object. Thing is, when I open my inventory anywhere with even 6 such blocks, I don't see the Wall version to turn them into. Am I missing something?

I.e. I open my inventory, even in front of an anvil, and pull up the crafting interface expansion so I can see all of the recipes at once. I click on the Hazard Block, and the list of craftables doesn't change size, meaning it's not in the list at all.

Real quick - I have these "Hazard Warning block" ... blocks, and it says I can turn them into Hazard Warning Block walls without any crafting object. Thing is, when I open my inventory anywhere with even 6 such blocks, I don't see the Wall version to turn them into. Am I missing something?

I.e. I open my inventory, even in front of an anvil, and pull up the crafting interface expansion so I can see all of the recipes at once. I click on the Hazard Block, and the list of craftables doesn't change size, meaning it's not in the list at all.
Fixed in a timely manner.

I know this reply is super late because work on the mod had been halted for some time but now that we've put in the effort to port the mod to Terraria 1.4, I feel I should answer this question. :D
The Terrarchitect Catalogue is required to turn the blocks into the wall version, you can't do it anywhere you want, the Catalogue has to be present. :)

why does shinobi infiltrator pants get replaced with beer mug in tavernkeep shop?
I definitely consider this to be a major bug in the mod. :p Not that I don't want to put beer mugs absolutely everywhere.

There are times when I think a new NPC is necessary to sell many of these items that take up valuable NPC Shop slots. Like the Dryad. So many mods have her selling important things, but visual-only doodads occupy her slots instead.

The tavernkeep's shop is completely filled in vanilla (at least, once you beat Golem and unlocks the tier 3 armors and sentries). That's why if you add anything to his shop, it'll either not show up or replace stuff.

A solution would be to make things conditional. Don't show any of the armors and sentries if the player is carrying the Terrarchitect Catalogue, that way you can put additional stuff in there. Then without the catalogue, it's the vanilla Tavernkeep shop that is accessed.

Back
Top Bottom