The Gigachad Terraria challenge

Cactus_Juice

Terrarian
I am currently starting the most ambitious challenge of my life. The rules are simple:

You cannot use any item, consumable, accessory, tool, weapon or armor that doesn’t fit the gigachad lifestyle.

Things that do fit the Gigachad lifestyle:

-weapons that VISIBLY show they are doing melee damage. Gigachads do not deal with petty things like bows, magic, or even virgin melee weapons like the beam sword or vampire knives that shoot projectiles instead of beating the enemy to death.

-things that boost melee damage. armors, potions, accessories, etc. that boost melee damage are allowed, but nothing else. That means wings, minions, health potions, gnomes, fishing poles, all gone.

Things that do not fit the gigachad lifestyle:

-classic mode and journey mode

-breaking and placing blocks that don’t boost melee damage

-talking to any npc that you know is a virgin (princess, angler, truffle, etc.)

Things that fit the gigachad lifestyle but are on thin ice:

-breaking blocks with explosives

-using mounts that deal damage on contact

-placing ropes, platforms and torches

-the shield of cthulu (does melee damage when hitting something on a dash)

Any holes in the challenge are up to each individual to discern if the action fits the gigachad lifestyle. I am generating the world right now. I encourage anyone else to start with me. If I do not post any updates with pictures next month, I have committed seppuku for being a virgin and failing the challenge. Suggestions are welcome, if you feel that you have enough pure testosterone to even attempt this ultramanly god challenge.

A59B8609-2498-47D0-A82D-BA86B4896E62.png

This seems like something I'd do for a YouTube video. I hope you don't mind if I just *yoink* this

Do gotta ask though, what blocks fit into the category of the gigachad lifestyle?

This seems like something I'd do for a YouTube video. I hope you don't mind if I just *yoink* this

Do gotta ask though, what blocks fit into the category of the gigachad lifestyle?

Sharpening station boosts melee damage. Sharpening station fits the Gigachad lifestyle.

have fun making content for us to consume

pro tip from my play through: katana from traveling merchant is extremely helpful earlygame

Sharpening station boosts melee damage. Sharpening station fits the Gigachad lifestyle.

have fun making content for us to consume

pro tip from my play through: katana from traveling merchant is extremely helpful earlygame
Sharpening station is furniture though. Also one question: what about weapons that make a projectile TECHNICALLY, but aren't typically counted as a projectile, such as spears, flails, yoyos, and shortswords? Sorry I'm just discussing this with some others and we're trying to think about some of this. Also, if yoyos are allowed, would the yoyo bag be allowed? What about crafting stations like the workbench, anvil, furnace, tinkerer's workshop, titanium forge, etc.

Spears, flails, short swords are ok, yo-yos stretch it a lot, so for the sake of the challenge, I don’t use yo-yo. You can choose to do yo-yo, but it was too easy on my test world. Also a part of the challenge is the fact that you can’t place crafting stations, so you can’t use them. Also, yo-yo bag does technically boost melee damage, but then this challenge becomes a yo-yo run, so it really depends on what type of challenge you want.

Spears, flails, short swords are ok, yo-yos stretch it a lot, so for the sake of the challenge, I don’t use yo-yo. You can choose to do yo-yo, but it was too easy on my test world. Also a part of the challenge is the fact that you can’t place crafting stations, so you can’t use them. Also, yo-yo bag does technically boost melee damage, but then this challenge becomes a yo-yo run, so it really depends on what type of challenge you want.
Thank you so much for the info! I think I have an idea as to how to beat this challenge now, so I might get to recording it soon! If I don't do the playthrough, I'll at the very least make a video on my plan for it!

Back
Top Bottom