Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading the changelog right? Is the melee cobalt set now +30% melee damage? Because that's great! Very nice reason to upgrade from molten armor now.

Edit:Nope, I'm dumb.

Hey remember the Hercules beetle? That accesory that is only ever used to upgrade the necrotic scroll? What if it got the pygmy necklace treatment and was made obtainable sooner. Now it would start competing with the summoner emblem so maybe reduce its damage bonus to 10%. It could function as a weaker summoner emblem for pre hardmode and in early hardmode it could be considered a sidegrade thanks to the extra knockback.

Hey remember the Hercules beetle? That accesory that is only ever used to upgrade the necrotic scroll? What if it got the pygmy necklace treatment and was made obtainable sooner. Now it would start competing with the summoner emblem so maybe reduce its damage bonus to 10%. It could function as a weaker summoner emblem for pre hardmode and in early hardmode it could be considered a sidegrade thanks to the extra knockback.
It's good for replacing the Summoner Emblem, and you don't need an extra Damage Bonus for Pre-HM when the Armors, Whips and the Pygmy Necklace already make the Summoner really powerful in Pre-HM.

I doubt Im the first one to say this, but could we craft Vials of Venom from Spider Fangs?

It feels like a wasted oportunity that the Flask of Venom is made from a purchasable item rather than the enemy which inflicts Acid Venom.

I doubt Im the first one to say this, but could we craft Vials of Venom from Spider Fangs?

It feels like a wasted oportunity that the Flask of Venom is made from a purchasable item rather than the enemy which inflicts Acid Venom.

Only issue is that it would make Cursed Flames obsolete. Venom is a stronger debuff, but Cursed Flames has an excuse for being available instantly in Hardmode while Vials are post-Plantera. I think it’s fine where it is.

Speaking of flasks, everything that gives Confusion has been buffed one way or another in the game except for the Flask of Nanites (Nano Bullet bounces, Brain of Confusion gives dodge chance/damage buff, Dao of Pow and all flails are much stronger).

It would be cool to add some effect to Flask of Nanites like one of these:
*+4% melee critical hit chance
* inflicting slow debuff in addition to Confused
* +20% chance of inflicting random debuff between confused, slow, poisoned and On Fire!
* +5% increased melee speed
* small luck boost when calculating rare item drops
* tagged enemies emit light
* emitted weapon projectiles bounce once off of hard surfaces towards the enemy
* Gives an effect like 1.4.1 bone glove, where a nanite cloud (recolored chlorophyte spore cloud) shoots out 1 time/sec towards the enemy, doing same damage as bone glove

I know it's too late for changes like these, but could be fun for a mod!

I visual bug randomly happened with my character. The character skin color was appearing gray, almost white despite in the wardrobe it showed a tanner color. When I tried to change it, it would only show a difference if there was a drastic change, like a dark green or almost jet black.

I visual bug randomly happened with my character. The character skin color was appearing gray, almost white despite in the wardrobe it showed a tanner color. When I tried to change it, it would only show a difference if there was a drastic change, like a dark green or almost jet black.

You oughta report that in the Bug reports section and not here.

Tiki isn't just trying to compete with spooky its also trying to compete with hallowed. I feel tiki doesn't have enough of an offensive advantage to justify giving up on hallowed armor's set bonus.
Although tiki has 30% summon damage compared to hallowed armor's 17% hallowed also gives minor buff to non summon weapons, so unless whips are your only primary weapon the damage bonuses are pretty competitive. Sure its got an extra minion but is that worth holy protetion?

I think tiki should get some sort of whip bonus, that would distinguish it pretty well from hallowed armor, as that 13% extra summon damage (vs. hallows 7% damage and crit) is only going to be noticeable when using whips anyway.

Just add that to the list of balance issues that could be solved by a nerf to Hallowed Armor.

The guide talks about smashing a shadow orb/crimson heart to spawn a meteorite, but you need to defeat the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu to spawn it. I would like the message to be changed to talk about the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu. It's just a simple message change so it shouldn't be too hard to implement. Thanks!

I understand that there is no way to save Black Spot now.
I was thinking wouldn't it be fair to reduce it a tier?

Make it both Expert and Master mode drop instead just Master Mode.
Its really underwhelming for a Master Mode ONLY drop now.

The mobility and speed of that thing is pretty tragic.

Do you think it would be a good idea to extend Architect Gizmo's block placement range by 1, and then include the Toolbelt (a standalone item bought from the goblin tinkerer that extends block placement range by 1) in it's recipe? I don't think it would make the gizmo overtuned, and the toolbelt would finally cease being so obsolete.

I want to point out something in the Lava Waders recipe that I haven’t actually seen anyone else notice:

Even though Obsidian Rose and Obsidian Skull are now both components in Lava Waders, Obsidian Skull Rose cannot be used in the recipe. This doesn’t make sense because any combination of the other three accessories can work together.

There should be one more recipe, consisting of Obsidian Skull Rose + Lava Charm + WW Boots. Same four components, no difference in recipe other than the order you craft them in.

Also, I know this one is less likely, but I think you should be able to use multiple Obsidian Skulls in the crafting recipe. For example, if you craft both Obsidian WWB and Molten Charm, you’re now locked out of Lava Waders unless you can find a new WWB or Lava Charm. Unlike Hellfire Treads, this could trap experienced players who didn’t think about using multiple Obsidian Skulls. Being able to use multiple Obsidian Skulls in the recipe would be a good safeguard against this.

TLDR Obsidian Skull Rose for some reason can’t craft into Lava Waders, and you should be able to hse multiple Obsidian Skull tinkers in Lava Waders.

As Leinfors stated any upcoming changes will more likely than not be changes related to the 1.4.1 changelog, I divided my suggestions into 3 subsections. I entirely understand that the 2nd or 3rd sections are unlikely, so no need to point it out. I tried to include changes that aren't too big.

1. Direct changes to 1.4.1 changes
Daybreak
Increased trajectory length - such that it's useful vs offscreen Moon Lord​
Blood Thorn
Make the thorns also appear on platforms​
Unholy Trident
Increase the size of its projectile​

2. Additional changes

Wearing a Mining Helmet, without a full mining set, increases the spawnrate of Undead Miners. (Similar to how gem robes increase Tims spawnrate)
Diving Gear
Increased drop rate - the only time i get this item is when i go out of my way to farm for it, which is almost never. If it's dropped more often it increases its viability and that of its tinkers.​
Fairy Boots
Material for Lightning Boots​
Blowgun
Reduce use time as well (similar to Blowpipe).​
Why not buff the Aeriel Bane together with the rest of the Betsy weapons? I think it's rather niche and underused.

3. Changes unrelated to the 1.4.1 changelog

Obsidian Water Walking Boots, Molten Charm
Replace the Obsidain Skull in its recipe with the Obsidian Horseshoe and give all tinkers additional fall damage negation. (Obsidian horeshow will finally be useful and some Boots will have fall damage negation)​
Honey Balloon
Add a recipe for the Bundle of Balloons that replaces the Sandstorm in a Balloon with the Honey Balloon. (finally makes this accessory useful + no need to have a Sandstorm in a Bottle in your world, but you are locked to post-Queen Bee to get the Bundle)​
Give the Putrid Scent and Flesh Knuckles the Panic Necklace/Band of Starpower treatment.
Gravity Globe
Dropped by the Lunatic Cultist in Expert Mode, Moon Lord already has the Celestial Starboard and Suspicious Looking Tentacle.​
Bananarangs
Increased drop rate​
Monk's Belt + Squire's Shield + Huntress's Buckler + Apprentice's Scarf / Celestial Shell + Celestial Stone
They don't stack with each other, yet you can still equip multiples. Make it so you can only equip one of them at a time, similar to how you can't equip multiple wings.​
Change all instances of "minion damage" to "summon damage", since whips and sentries also benefit from so called "minion damage".
Tax Collector gives you more money
The more the game progresses, similar to how the Nurse charges her prices.​
Journey mode duplication menu
I often times don't click "enter" after searching for an item, this results in me taking an item, after which i attempt to move but i end up typing gibberish in the search menu. After taking an item from the duplication menu, can you prevent us from typing? I know it's useful for when you're duplicating multiple items at once, but most of the time I'm looking to duplicate 1 item. Maybe add another setting for this?​
Make a unique interaction for the Rocket Boots (and tinkers) + Soaring Insignia combo, for example rocket boots accelerate faster. Such that Boots become a viable option other than wings in the endgame. The way it is right now, the Rocket Boots + Soaring Insignia combo is pretty slow and outclassed by many wings.

Monk's Belt + Squire's Shield + Huntress's Buckler + Apprentice's Scarf / Celestial Shell + Celestial Stone
They don't stack with each other, yet you can still equip multiples. Make it so you can only equip one of them at a time, similar to how you can't equip multiple wings.​

This please, it's very unintuitive how the game never tells you they don't stack with one another. If you're going to make them work differently than every other item in the game then at least give some indication.

well you can't equip multiple wings in vanity slots
I think you can equip two if one is in an accessory slot. I use Vortex Booster as vanity, along with an extra Celestial Starboard (the other in my accessory slot) to switch between Menacing and Lucky. There is a specific pattern you need to equip them for that to work, though.

Hopefully, this isn't a bug that needs fixing because it's kind of a loophole in the accessory system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom