Terraria State of the Game - October 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loki Will you do minor updates after this? If you will I would like to give few suggestions. Why not try and make Dr. Bones drop the hercules beetle instead if being sold by the witch doctor, I think it makes sense since Dr. Bones is an archeologist. Instead of pumpkin moon drop why not make necromantic scroll a drop from post plantera dungeon mobs maybe from Paladin and Giant cursed skulls? Last thing I suggest is create a necromantic gloves which is a tinker of necromantic scroll and power glove so summoners will be able to use auto swing without losing a minion count cause most summoner uses necro scroll and papyrus scarab as their main end game equipment along with the boots wings shield etc.

Thank you soooooo much for more info on the Nintendo Switch, I really enjoy Relogic showing a little more love in the family of console, but like it states, it will take a while for it for touch dock and undocked ect. but I know for sure, by 2021, a gap would be closed and Journeys End on Nintendo Switch will arrive.

People should make First fractal obtainable on mobile only to give it a unique feel to it again because it’s been just like console and pc 1.3 for ages and 1.4.1 mobile needs to have more stuff to separate mobile from the other platforms

People should make First fractal obtainable on mobile only to give it a unique feel to it again because it’s been just like console and pc 1.3 for ages and 1.4.1 mobile needs to have more stuff to separate mobile from the other platforms
Mobile being the same as other platforms was something that was done intentionally. The devs don't WANT there to be any difference in the core experiences of different versions of the game outside of the way you literally control them.

Not sure, but I don't think so - I expect that will more likely come with 1.4.1, but I will check with DR. Remember, what you have now is sort of a "partial" implementation of the smooth water (assuming you are using Color lighting of course).

Yep.

This is correct.
Okkyy, thx u then for the info

@Loki RE: Soundtrack 4

Maybe you have info about this or defer this to someone who does: Are there any plans on releasing the Terraria Soundtrack 4 on Bandcamp or any other DRM-free downloadable (not streaming-only) platforms? Or perhaps adding OSTs 3 & 4 as purchasable DLC on GOG.com?

Every named platform so far are ones I avoid for various (mainly personal preference in the end) reasons. I avoid Steam (though GoG's newer client and current handling of installs is starting to make me feel the same way). I do not stream my music (waste of bandwidth, IMHO). I don't care for DRM (I should be able to play the music I paid for when and where I want).

Soundtracks 1-3 are on Bandcamp, so I hope #4 will appear there sooner rather than later (or never). 1 & 2 are offered as part of a GoG.com purchase (if I recall; long time since I've bought the game), so it'd be nice if all the OSTs were available there as well. (For completion's sake at least.) And just to be thorough: what about Amazon Music? (They have DRM-free options available last I recall, even if it is just 320kbps MP3.)

1.4.1.2 The keg can be faced to the left update?
1604245674989.png

PLEASE RELOGIC I'M BEGGING YOU DONT FINISH THE GAME WITHOUT THIS FEATURE. <3

... Journey's end is probably gonna be out on console before I get to play even 1.3... I dunno if I should be happy or sad because Terraria for WII U (1.2.4.1 equivalent) was how I enjoyed Terraria. Over 750 hours of it, too

1.4.1 was amazing! 1.4.1.2 gonna fix EVERY bug in-game? Then I have a suggestion:

Make 1.4.1.2 fix all bugs AND exploits too?

One more thing: WHY DOES FREAKING MOBILE AND SWITCH GET IT BUT NOT CONSOLE?! I have Desktop and Console, but no love for Console today.
if you read it, it says that switch will actually be getting the update later than console
”As we were saying to our XB/PS friends above, we do not have an exact timeframe to give you just yet. Odds are that the Switch version will take a bit longer than the other two just because of the extra features and nuances that the Switch provides (Touch Controls, Docked vs Undocked, hardware differences, etc) - but the team will be doing everything in our power to lessen that time gap.”

I am so amazed cause of tModLoader!
Waiting 1.4 for tModLoader now not so boring, because we know everything is fine!

Example Moon* is raising...
*reference to ExampleMod, that really helps beginners in modding

Is DRStudios doing more optimizations for Switch version?

Can't speak much yet to performance on any console - as these are just early builds without a ton of optimizations, etc. That would sure be the desire, though - much as was seen with Mobile 1.4.

@Loki RE: Soundtrack 4

Maybe you have info about this or defer this to someone who does: Are there any plans on releasing the Terraria Soundtrack 4 on Bandcamp or any other DRM-free downloadable (not streaming-only) platforms? Or perhaps adding OSTs 3 & 4 as purchasable DLC on GOG.com?

Every named platform so far are ones I avoid for various (mainly personal preference in the end) reasons. I avoid Steam (though GoG's newer client and current handling of installs is starting to make me feel the same way). I do not stream my music (waste of bandwidth, IMHO). I don't care for DRM (I should be able to play the music I paid for when and where I want).

Soundtracks 1-3 are on Bandcamp, so I hope #4 will appear there sooner rather than later (or never). 1 & 2 are offered as part of a GoG.com purchase (if I recall; long time since I've bought the game), so it'd be nice if all the OSTs were available there as well. (For completion's sake at least.) And just to be thorough: what about Amazon Music? (They have DRM-free options available last I recall, even if it is just 320kbps MP3.)

Pretty sure all four - and Otherworld Soundtrack - are on Amazon/Amazon Music?

I have it on my list to look into Bandcamp for 4 and Otherworld. GOG will have to be explored after that. I was not around when 1-2 were loaded there, and their backend systems are WAY different than way back then (that had to be what, 2013?). Much the same as trying to get a lossless HQ branch on Steam, though, it is a function of getting the time to learn the systems and get it done amidst everything else. I hear you though.

if you read it, it says that switch will actually be getting the update later than console
”As we were saying to our XB/PS friends above, we do not have an exact timeframe to give you just yet. Odds are that the Switch version will take a bit longer than the other two just because of the extra features and nuances that the Switch provides (Touch Controls, Docked vs Undocked, hardware differences, etc) - but the team will be doing everything in our power to lessen that time gap.”

Well that, and we just showed Journey's End running on XB1 last month... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom