Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey there guys, just came to let you know that the 4k support option just caused my graphical card to crash and restart on my pc.
Beside the jump scare, the only side effect that had beside the freeze for some time, was the tModLoader telling me that the experiemental 4k support feature has crashed, and that It somehow had to close, showing "Report Status: Failure" at the end.

I've already turned off the feature (even more since my monitor has 3k less than expected), just came to report the issue, though.

Oh yeah, since last tModLoader updated, I've been running It to debug my mods, but only a few minutes ago I had that crash. I was grinding at the corruption at the moment.

Becouse i want to start new game as a mage and feel like magic damage is little too low in this game compared to range for example

Becouse i want to start new game as a mage and feel like magic damage is little too low in this game compared to range for example
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or are just bad.
Mage is high damage for low armour. Ranger is that with more armour and no money because of all the ammo.

Edit.
And to add to that, once you reach spectre armour, you're nigh godlike.

I am not 100% sure, but I checked at least 3 time, so I don't think I am just a moron.

I found some sorta bug, when I start tmod on steam, there is 0 sound, nothing no music, no sound, no ambient NOTHING. I don't know If it is just only me, or it's a global bug, but I wannted to say it, mabye I can get help.

Also as I said it, I checked, and the volume settings is not 0, my sound mixer not muted, and I am sure, that is my headphones are working perfectly.

So yeah, any any suggestions or something?

You're not alone, I also noticed the same thing, and other people too.

Edit:. Hey, I caught a fish.
[22:18:30] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: This resource could not be created.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
at Terraria.Main.LoadMusic()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.OnDeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation newInfo)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Terraria.Main.SetGraphicsProfileInternal()
at Terraria.Main.SetGraphicsProfile(GraphicsProfile profile)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Is the only tModLoader related error I found.

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure, but I checked at least 3 time, so I don't think I am just a moron.

I found some sorta bug, when I start tmod on steam, there is 0 sound, nothing no music, no sound, no ambient NOTHING. I don't know If it is just only me, or it's a global bug, but I wannted to say it, mabye I can get help.

Also as I said it, I checked, and the volume settings is not 0, my sound mixer not muted, and I am sure, that is my headphones are working perfectly.

So yeah, any any suggestions or something?

Verify file integrity on steam? Assuming its just tmodloader acting up and nothing else, that might be your best bet other than just reinstalling it.

It looks like the newest update to the base vanilla game (1.4.1.2) has caused tModLoader sound to COMPLETELY break. There is apparently a way to fix this by downloading some files or something, but it seems pretty sketchy so I would advise waiting for a TML hotpatch or update to fix it.

I have an issue with my sound when playing Terraria via the tModLoader (Steam).

Since yesterday all Sounds and Music wont play. I dont know what caused this and how to fix this.
Meanwhile every other Game has Sound, meaning there is no Issue with my Hardware.

What i have tried so far to no avail:

- Reinstalling tModLoader
- Reinstalling Sound Drivers
- Changed the Resolution and switched to Windowed (apparently this fixed a known sound bug in 1.3)
- Checked multiple times if the Game is muted in Windows

I dont know why this is suddenly an issue. Last time i played it worked completely fine.
The current official Version, Terraria 1.4.1, also works fine.

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Ok apparently the newest Terraria Update broke tModLoader.

Got this from another source:

"The most recent update to the vanilla game changed:

Content/Sound Bank.xsb
and Content/TerrariaMusic.xgs among other things.

I wouldn't be surprised if that broke the way TML handles audio since it uses the vanilla installs assets."

Dont worry friend. The tml is already with a fix in the beta on steam. If u want to try, look for beta on the steam options of TML. The people on discord says its works

I spent the last hour trying to figure out a solution for this issue. Can confirm, the beta for tmodloader fixes this issue!
I found the following error in the logs for the client in tModLoader:

Code:
[05:32:53] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: This resource could not be created.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
   at Terraria.Main.LoadMusic()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.OnDeviceCreated(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation newInfo)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
   at Terraria.Main.SetGraphicsProfileInternal()
   at Terraria.Main.SetGraphicsProfile(GraphicsProfile profile)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
   at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
   at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

I guess Terraria had a small update when I wasn't paying attention because I had been able to play without any sound issues an our beforehand.

So the sound of tModLoader (steam version) stopped working. I was playing with a relatively large modpack and when I booted my game there simply was no sound. I tried changing the volume sliders in game, but that didn't do anything. tModLoader isnt muted on my computer either. (My sound device is HyperX Cloud Stinger).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom