Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you think i didnt tried fledging wings yet? even after how much i said i DONT find them that useful since Double jumps are better????? also i dont want to die to every hit in mastermode as a mage thank you
I'm curious, what Bosses/ Enemies are you having trouble with & how exactly are you getting hit? 🤔🥤 If it help, you can also try equipping Frog Gear along with what I suggested earlier. It'll boost your Mobility tremendously. I can't say for sure if it's easier to craft than Bundle of Balloons but... it's another option if you want it.

I think the point he's trying to make is that, if the developers closed a door for you, maybe instead of complaining about the door, look for an open window nearby. For example, if there are new builds that can improve your play, but are only available in a corruption-based world, maybe you should factor that into picking what worlds you generate.

The metagame changes; that's the nature of any balance fix. The question is only whether you will adapt your playstyle to the metagame or choose to play sub-optimally.
yeah i pretty much got that point loud and clear, however i play my way i couldnt care less about finding some obscure easy way, meteor gear got nerfed its over theres no point on me using that armor anymore because became useless, now im using crimson armor all prehardmode until i get Hellstone bars

you think i didnt tried fledging wings yet? even after how much i said i DONT find them that useful since Double jumps are better????? also i dont want to die to every hit in mastermode as a mage thank you

Then use balloons instead of wings.

Also, nothing stopping you from using leg pieces, Ironskin, or Warding accessories. You can absolutely get your defense up, and even otherwise it’s part of a Mage build to be glass cannon. If you don’t like the glass cannon playstyle, choose a different class.

Also also, Meteor Armor isn’t useless. Space Gun isn’t the best choice anymore, but Meteor got a buff to itself and is now a valid choice for a mage armor. If made pre-worm, it would be too powerful.

If you want a powerful preboss mage armor, get Jungle.

Lightning Boots + Fledgeling wings are much better than double jumps + lightning boots.
The mobility is greater.

And this is coming from someone who was critical of this loot pool change.
PS i play Master Mode and PH bosses are so easy to dodge with this combo i doubt i will even bother with my previous balloon + boots combo.

Also not sure what's the point of Lucky Horseshoe now and why one should bother looking for it.

I'm curious, what Bosses/ Enemies are you having trouble with & how exactly are you getting hit? 🤔🥤 If it help, you can also try equipping Frog Gear along with what I suggested earlier. It'll boost your Mobility tremendously. I can't say for sure if it's easier to craft than Bundle of Balloons but... it's another option if you want it.
NONE im not having trouble fightign any prehardmode bosses because im not suing those low flight wings, also no way im hell im equiping frog armor because i hate fishing, hell i always forgot that exists

NONE im not having trouble fightign any prehardmode bosses because im not suing those low flight wings, also no way im hell im equiping frog armor because i hate fishing, hell i always forgot that exists

Man I just have to say, if you’re going to complain about every single option presented to you to make your life easier, maybe the problem isn’t the game.

Then use balloons instead of wings.

Also, nothing stopping you from using leg pieces, Ironskin, or Warding accessories. You can absolutely get your defense up, and even otherwise it’s part of a Mage build to be glass cannon. If you don’t like the glass cannon playstyle, choose a different class.

Also also, Meteor Armor isn’t useless. Space Gun isn’t the best choice anymore, but Meteor got a buff to itself and is now a valid choice for a mage armor. If made pre-worm, it would be too powerful.

If you want a powerful preboss mage armor, get Jungle.
ok first 1. its useless for me second 2. i use potions when fighting bosses since i aint a masochist in mastermode 3. i always hunt for the balloons to get the bets prehardmode item bundle of balloons

Man I just have to say, if you’re going to complain about every single option presented to you to make your life easier, maybe the problem isn’t the game.
man i will tell you i wish i enjoyed fishing, star cannon is a pre hardmode cheese but i actually have fun using it so i always go look for that, basicly the only use ill ever have for meteorite (also that meteor staff rarely), and sometimes when i feel lazy i cheese bosses liek king slime and cheese EoW with slime mount (i rarely play corruption), i have my methods to skip progression of the game as well as making the game easier

Anybody who thinks bottles are better than the Fledgling Wings has to be out of their mind.

Sure, you could get maybe a better jump out of say, Sand in a Bottle + Balloon, but that's 2 items instead of just one until you tinker them, and you don't get the fall damage resistance, nor the glide. You could attach a horseshoe to that, but once you do you miss out on the ability to craft the bundle of balloons, and again, need to take up 2 slots to do what 1 slot can do otherwise.

As for Boots, well.... I always used Boots and Wings simultaneously even in HM. I unequip the bottle when I get wings, though, because there's this annoying bug having to do with bottle jumps and wings.... unless they fixed that in 1.4.

Anybody who thinks bottles are better than the Fledgling Wings has to be out of their mind.

Sure, you could get maybe a better jump out of say, Sand in a Bottle + Balloon, but that's 2 items instead of just one until you tinker them, and you don't get the fall damage resistance, nor the glide. You could attach a horseshoe to that, but once you do you miss out on the ability to craft the bundle of balloons, and again, need to take up 2 slots to do what 1 slot can do otherwise.

As for Boots, well.... I always used Boots and Wings simultaneously even in HM. I unequip the bottle when I get wings, though, because there's this annoying bug having to do with bottle jumps and wings.... unless they fixed that in 1.4.
jesus its like people cant accept the fact that i prefer balloons than those prehardmode wings, im not saying balloons are better than every single wing, only fledging and thats my experience playing the game in 1.4, can yall just give up trying to change my mind about preharmode wings being better than bottle n balloons? this is basing in my experience with those wings

I unequip the bottle when I get wings, though, because there's this annoying bug having to do with bottle jumps and wings.... unless they fixed that in 1.4.

If you are talking about being next to impossible to time bottle jumps properly when having wings on.
Then nah they didn't fix that. Most of the time the bottles just activate the moment i lift from the ground.

jesus its like people cant accept the fact that i prefer balloons than those prehardmode wings, im not saying balloons are better than every single wing, only fledging and thats my experience playing the game in 1.4, can yall just give up trying to change my mind about preharmode wings being better than bottle n balloons? this is basing in my experience with those wings
Just to make my position clear, I'm not trying to change your mind about how you play (or what you find effective), I'm just showing you that despite your opinions about the current state of the game, it's in a very healthy place right now, so far as balance is concerned. The community as a whole, had to endure 1.4.1, for what felt like a year, due to bad takes & knee jerk reactions to changes in balance that were actually pretty good (like your take on Meteor Gear). I just want you to be informed, because bad takes like this travel, & the next thing you know, the devs will be trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist... again. We don't want that! I don't want that! 🧐🥤

Just to make my position clear, I'm not trying to change your mind about how you play (or what you find effective), I'm just showing you that despite your opinions about the current state of the game, it's in a very healthy place right now, so far as balance is concerned. The community as a whole, had to endure 1.4.1, for what felt like a year, due to bad takes & knee jerk reactions to changes in balance that were actually pretty good (like your take on Meteor Gear). I just want you to be informed, because bad takes like this travel & the next thing you know, the devs wil be trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist... again. We don't want that! I don't want that! 🧐🥤
ugh i give up, im 100% aware of game being balanced, im aware is in its most healthy condition (except NPC happiness that can go to hell), but i will still miss my meteor Armor cheese strat, and i actually hope they just give fledging wings a bit more fly height for me to consider using that thing

And i heavily disagree that Meteor nerf was good but whatever you people wont leave me alone because of an opinion, Reaver Shark nerf? that was good because it skipped to much progression, however i dont find much progression skip by having meteor armor before EoW or BoC

Other nerfs like obsidian armor were also nessesary because you could use that amror until golem i believe which is even more broken that the reaver shark could ever dream of

(except NPC happiness that can go to hell)
I feel like we've all made our points, I won't debate you anymore. I do have a single question for you though, what is it that you dislike about the NPC Happiness System exactly? I'd just like to hear your opinion on it, I don't have any intentions of arguing with you, as the entire system is pretty inconsequential IMHO. 🤔🥤

I feel like we've all made our points, I won't debate you anymore. I do have a single question for you though, what is it that you dislike about the NPC Happiness System exactly? I'd just like to hear your opinion on it, I don't have any intentions of arguing with you, as the entire system is pretty inconsequential IMHO. 🤔🥤
well im also not arguing because having an internet argument is pointless lol, also i hate it because i liked it when most of my NPCs lived in my house, you wouldt believe how many houses and worlds got ruined because of that and how my worlds have commieblocks around the world, its ugly, also hate how pylons need to have happy NPCs for me to buy PLUS having 2 NPCs near the pylon for it to work, its a nightmare and its confusing which NPC likes which without having to open the wiki 24/7, Re Logic made this mechanic really poorly in my opinion and reason it exists its because they want us to play the game like they do, basicly spreading your NPCs all over the world
Other notisable thing is the Luck System and how for some god damn reason torches affect luck, Red didnt liked when we didnt used a biome torch so he punishes you with bad luck because of it, and his solution was Torch God which is neat i guess for the first time

well im also not arguing because having an internet argument is pointless lol, also i hate it because i liked it when most of my NPCs lived in my house, you wouldt believe how many houses and worlds got ruined because of that and how my worlds have commieblocks around the world, its ugly, also hate how pylons need to have happy NPCs for me to buy PLUS having 2 NPCs near the pylon for it to work, its a nightmare and its confusing which NPC likes which without having to open the wiki 24/7, Re Logic made this mechanic really poorly in my opinion and reason it exists its because they want us to play the game like they do, basicly spreading your NPCs all over the world
Other notisable thing is the Luck System and how for some god damn reason torches affect luck, Red didnt liked when we didnt used a biome torch so he punishes you with bad luck because of it, and his solution was Torch God which is neat i guess for the first time
THERE are MANY more reason as to why i hate when Devs tell me how to play the game but i dont wanna make a bible page out of this, reaosn why i didnt liked in the slightest something that was a huge part of my runs in terraria (pre boss meteorite gear) as a good thing, and the other paths they show me are either annoying or a grind fest

THERE are MANY more reason as to why i hate when Devs tell me how to play the game but i dont wanna make a bible page out of this, reaosn why i didnt liked in the slightest something that was a huge part of my runs in terraria (pre boss meteorite gear) as a good thing, and the other paths they show me are either annoying or a grind fest

Reaver Shark was also a big part of a lot of people’s runs. So was Obsidian Armor, so was Quad Barrel. Of course the people affected by these changes don’t like them, but they were neccesary for game balance and progression.

Same applies to Meteor gear. According to Leinfors, it was intended from the start to be post-evil boss. As such, it was balanced around this and was overtuned for something you could get before even fighting a Goblin Army. Hence why it was changed.

Reaver Shark was also a big part of a lot of people’s runs. So was Obsidian Armor, so was Quad Barrel. Of course the people affected by these changes don’t like them, but they were neccesary for game balance and progression.

Same applies to Meteor gear. According to Leinfors, it was intended from the start to be post-evil boss. As such, it was balanced around this and was overtuned for something you could get before even fighting a Goblin Army. Hence why it was changed.
sorry for not playing the game as devs wanted me to play dude, also the discussion is over you arent changing my mind any day now, Meteor gear wasnt as broken as Obsidian Armor and Reaver Shark, Quad Barrel Shotgun aim is so awful i dont even bother getting it and thats why stick to the boomstick, kinda already wish people stopped trying to change my mind, i hate when devs try to tell me how to play PERIOD.

If you are talking about being next to impossible to time bottle jumps properly when having wings on.
Then nah they didn't fix that. Most of the time the bottles just activate the moment i lift from the ground.

Yeah, that bug where the bottle immediately fires as you jump off the ground.

It makes bottles pretty much useless.

EDIT: Infinite Space Gun that pierces 3 (IIRC?) enemies and does 15-20 damage was OP as frick for when you could get it. And it isn't like mining Meteorite was ever hard or anything. It was so OP, that it was one of the favored setups to kill the WoF, even. Imagine that, gear you could obtain as soon as you smash one orb/heart (which you could do as soon as you got a few bombs and a Cactus Sword...) lasting all the way up to hardmode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom