tModLoader Subworld Library

I'm the creator of SGAmod
I noticed that
I will shamelessly admit my forum post is very outdated, so sorry you can't see the deeper dungeons before you try
np

I know one Austrian YouTuber who was making a Moon Mod idk if he is still working on that his last Programming Livestream is already 3 years ago but I think this Mod could really help him cause he just putted the Moon on top of the World instead of in a different World

Updated Subworld Library to 1.1.0.3.
  • Added a new Call command: "Current". Subworld.Enter now returns a bool, and the "Enter" Call command can now return false.
  • Fixed subworlds that save preventing new worlds from generating.
  • Fixed water evaporating in subworlds.
  • Re-disabled the Underworld heat distortion effect in subworlds.
  • The infamous lava background should no longer appear in subworlds. if it still does i swear to god
This will be the last update to Subworld Library for 1.3. See you all in 1.4!

i n t r e s t i n g

also how can i make a boss downed in that world also count in the main one

and how do i keep all of the data from those worlds

since i am thinking of a dungeon the size of a large world because yes

Is there a way to make only mod entities spawn in the subworld?
(say like the subworld has multiple custom biomes and I want enemies from my mod to spawn in said biomes, but not vanilla entities)

Is there a way to make only mod entities spawn in the subworld?
(say like the subworld has multiple custom biomes and I want enemies from my mod to spawn in said biomes, but not vanilla entities)
You override the SpawnPool with EditSpawnPool in GlobalNPC

outside of that, just do it like you would any other biome, this part isn't subworld-specific

And how does it work exactly, like how do we make it ONLY spawn the MOD ENEMIES

Is there any example?
I don't think there is, but this is what I did and it works

Code:
                for (int i = 0; i < pool.Count; i += 1)
                {
                    pool[i] = 0f;
                }//turn off all the previous stuff

pool[ModContent.NPCType<ModdedNPC>()] = 0.5f; //this adjusts the rate

Is it also possible to make town NPCs spawn in the subworld?

(such as only mod town NPCs that can only move into houses in the subworld)

Is it also possible to make town NPCs spawn in the subworld?

(such as only mod town NPCs that can only move into houses in the subworld)
you'd have to write your own system, by default subworlds do not do world tick events (IE npcs don't show up and stuff)
but I'd say yes, I don't see why not, a subworld is techically just another world but minus you going back to the main menu

Testing on tModLoader (aka not tModLoader 64 bit), I've encountered a couple of issues when this mod. First, it breaks VeinMiner. You can still do things like toggle vein mining, but with on, it won't vein mine. Second, of all things, Reduced Grinding's Sundials don't work. For VeinMiner, I made sure to do a fresh test with just that and this mod enabled and it indeed seems to be this mod breaking it. I bring that up because I wanted to make sure I ruled out any other random mods just not playing well together.

Testing on tModLoader (aka not tModLoader 64 bit), I've encountered a couple of issues when this mod. First, it breaks VeinMiner. You can still do things like toggle vein mining, but with on, it won't vein mine. Second, of all things, Reduced Grinding's Sundials don't work. For VeinMiner, I made sure to do a fresh test with just that and this mod enabled and it indeed seems to be this mod breaking it. I bring that up because I wanted to make sure I ruled out any other random mods just not playing well together.
Pretty sure this is caused by GaMeTerraria, not Subworld Library itself. Did you mean to post this in GMT's thread? Either way, I'm aware of the issue and have fixed it for the next update.

Pretty sure this is caused by GaMeTerraria, not Subworld Library itself. Did you mean to post this in GMT's thread? Either way, I'm aware of the issue and have fixed it for the next update.
Huh? I thought I tested this breaking with this mod. I just gone back in and yes, indeed, this mod is fine, but GaMeTerraria breaks. My bad. I guess I disabled Subworld Library, but then it re enabled to make GaMeTerraria work and I got the two mixed up.

Well, while we're talking, I'm curious as to what technical issue caused the break.

Huh? I thought I tested this breaking with this mod. I just gone back in and yes, indeed, this mod is fine, but GaMeTerraria breaks. My bad. I guess I disabled Subworld Library, but then it re enabled to make GaMeTerraria work and I got the two mixed up.

Well, while we're talking, I'm curious as to what technical issue caused the break.
Updated SubLib but not GMT since I thought no-one was really playing it lol

Back
Top Bottom