Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Hey all, I have a little problem. I can edit my worlds in TEdit with no problem, but Terraria will not register the update to the world. Is there anything in particular that can help with this? (I had to change the file from a .bak file to a .wld file; this could be a contribution to the problem but I am unsure. I also did not know exactly which forum sector to post it in, so I posted it in Other. I also bought Terraria on Steam.)

Hey, just to let you know, your post was in the Other section of Player Suggestions xD
I've reported it so the admins can move it to the right place (btw this won't get you in trouble, it's just a way of asking the admins to do something most of the time)

About your problem, I have no idea. Have you saved the worlds? Are they saved into the correct folder? Are you playing the world at the same time as editing it? (save data from Terraria will overwrite TEdit save data, and it doesn't work in real time)

Hey, just to let you know, your post was in the Other section of Player Suggestions xD
I've reported it so the admins can move it to the right place (btw this won't get you in trouble, it's just a way of asking the admins to do something most of the time)

About your problem, I have no idea. Have you saved the worlds? Are they saved into the correct folder? Are you playing the world at the same time as editing it? (save data from Terraria will overwrite TEdit save data, and it doesn't work in real time)
Oh- thank you for letting the admins know! I had no idea it was under player suggestions. Also, I have saved the worlds to the Worlds folder under Terraria in My Games. I don't know if this is the correct place...

Oh- thank you for letting the admins know! I had no idea it was under player suggestions. Also, I have saved the worlds to the Worlds folder under Terraria in My Games. I don't know if this is the correct place...
Yeah, that's the right place. Are you playing the world at the same time as editing tho? that might be the reason.

Does anyone know where these mushroom reeds are in TEdit?

1607445272088.png

They don't seem to be in the tile list or the sprite list, any ideas?

Thanks.
[EDIT] Found them; they're "cattail" in the sprite menu.

Last edited:
I've been having this problem. When ever I try to open TEdit, it crashes right away. I've tried everything I could think of.

TEdit 4 Beta is out, with support for Terraria 1.4.0.4

View attachment 277555

What is TEdit?
TEdit is a stand alone, open source map editor for Terraria. It lets you edit maps just like (almost) paint! It also lets you change world settings (time, bosses downed etc), edit chests and change sign, make epic dungeons, castles, cities, and add rewards for your adventurers!

This thread is for feedback! It is an easy place to post issues and feature requests, so let me know if you have any.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WORLD BEFORE USING THIS!!!

It will make one for you (*.wld.Tedit), but you should make one anyway.

Downloads
Downloads are available from both of these links:
TEdit Downloads - BinaryConstruct
TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor

Issues (posting bugs, crashes, feature requests)
Check here if you have an issue, chances are it is already there and you can post a comment on the issue or attach a log.

Wiki
If you can't figure out how to use a tool or feature, please read!

Misc. Resources
Tutorial by ahamling27

Curse Featured Page

Credits
it wont work the file wont work ?

I decided to edit my world using Tedit and when I went back on, I realized the time was faster. The clouds were moving faster than normal and the Queen Bee I summoned was very fast. How do I fix this? Is this Tedit or something else?

You In journey mode? If so, check the times speed.
Also queen bee is enraged out of the underground jungle, so enraged in surface jungle too, and she’s way faster enraged

Back
Top Bottom