Portfolio/Multi-Topic Few vanity items which the game lacks

Clark Higgs

Terrarian
Yesterday I wanted to create a certain image for my character, but I was faced with the fact that the game does not have some style items that would greatly help in customization..
Then I decided to create some sprites of these items and some others using existing sprites.
That's what I did:

1. Classic knight's helmet with closed visor
1.png

The game has similar helmets, but they have an open face. This is not what I need.
I like the first version, but I know you like things like the second version.

2. Laurel wreath and Roman set
2.png

The game has an Egyptian set, Asian sets and many others, but there is no Roman set - this needs to be fixed)

3. Sombrero and poncho!
3.png

Now even Plantero has a sombrero! I need it too!)

4. Hachimaki and Hero's headband
4.png

Bone Lee has Hachimaki, but this thing cannot be obtained..
Buccaneer Bandana completely covers the hair..

5. Alternative versions of halo
5.png

In some cases, these versions of the halo will be more appropriate.

6. Forbidden Sign separate from Forbidden Set
6.png

This is an interesting effect, but it can only be obtained by using the full Forbidden Set.
It would be nice if this sign was separate, for example, as a cloak.

I think these vanity items would be useful in the game.
Thanks for watching! :)

Last edited:
These are awesome! And did you sprite them all in one day?! (or is it just that you had trouble with vanity yesterday?)
Nevertheless, these are super awesome, and would be great to see them in the game. or a mod.
(they probably would look awesome as some stationary NPCs too. if you're interested in that?)

By the way, agree on the vanity forbidden sigil too. I even made a post like that at some point (and I'm probably not the only one)
it looks awesome, but you can only have it, if you wear that armor. which, like all armors, get ouclassed by later game armors...

I wonder if a texture pack could add some of these and replace some of the uglier vanity items no one uses...? I would love for these to be added though.

These are awesome! And did you sprite them all in one day?! (or is it just that you had trouble with vanity yesterday?)
I made these sprites in less than a day, but I took the some sprites existing in the game as a basis (from Official Terraria Wiki)
1.png

I made these sprites in less than a day, but I took the some sprites existing in the game as a basis (from Official Terraria Wiki)
View attachment 298856
Oh, yeah, vanilla sprites are very good as base for other sprites too!
Did you just make a sombrero from the summer hat? XD It's funny, because I used the summer hat as a base, for the professor's jungle helmet too. it seems that hat (although almost no one uses it) is actually a very good base for other hats XD

By the way armored skeletons, there are lots of impressive helmets they wear, what are not available for the player... could do something with that too.

half-off-topic
would you be interested spriting some guards or civilians for my mod? because, these sprites are really awesome!

By the way armored skeletons, there are lots of impressive helmets they wear, what are not available for the player... could do something with that too.
Yes, I agree. I remember nice samurai helmet, and Mongol helmet.

half-off-topic
would you be interested spriting some guards or civilians for my mod? because, these sprites are really awesome!
I don't quite understand what you mean. I've never worked with mods for Terraria before, but if I can help you - why not)

Yes, I agree. I remember nice samurai helmet, and Mongol helmet.

Yes! I agree.

I don't quite understand what you mean. I've never worked with mods for Terraria before, but if I can help you - why not)

Did you tried playing modded? Mods are pretty fun too!
There are many awesome mods, but I'm not aimining for huge stuff like large content mods. it's a smaller mod with most focus on NPCs - and deco NPCs. check it out, and if you're interested in helping, I would be happy to welcome you in the team!

Back
Top Bottom