Items inconsistencies in rarity of items

Lynxical

Plantera
This is a strange thing to talk about, but there are a few issues with rarity of items in the game which could easily be fixed, the only 2 I found would be the Fledgling wings and the Obsidian armor.

The fledgling wings are a new wing added in 1.4 that is given upon creating a journey mode character. Since then the 1.4.1 update made them accessible in normal mode by moving the wings from being only journey mode to being in skyware chests as well and moving the lucky horseshoe to underground gold chests. the rarity of the wings is white, but it doesn't really make sense as it's essentially better lucky horseshoe, so I feel like the rarity should be blue instead of the common white.

Obsidian armor was changed in 1.4.1 to be a summoner armor that focused on whips, because of that they made it post evil boss using Tissue Sample/Shadow Scales in the recipe. the rarity is also, white, despite using a material which has a rarity of blue, same thing just bump the rarity up from white to blue to fix the issue of them being able to be burnt in lava

if anyone else has items that aren't the rarity that makes sense let me know it's interesting to see what items have a higher or lower rarity than it needs to be

Some others that annoys me a little is how the Paladin shield tinkers have lower rarities than the paladins shield itself (which disrupts the rarity order in the duplication menu) and that the lihzahrd power cell has white rarity, so you don't notice quickly when you've found one during a grind.

slimy saddle=Yellow???
why mounts
All mounts have the rarity of yellow, besides of course expert/master exclusive ones, I don't know the exact reasoning behind all mounts having the rarity of yellow, but they just do, it's not an inconsistency if all types of that item share the rarity, it doesn't make sense sure, but that's not inconsistent, the same argument could be made with most pet summoning items being the orange rarity.

All mounts have the rarity of yellow, besides of course expert/master exclusive ones, I don't know the exact reasoning behind all mounts having the rarity of yellow, but they just do, it's not an inconsistency if all types of that item share the rarity, it doesn't make sense sure, but that's not inconsistent, the same argument could be made with most pet summoning items being the orange rarity.
Even then, Slime saddle is the most common mount in game, so It wouldn't make sense for yellow rarity. Seriously, HOW CAN A SLIME BE JUST AS RARE AS A LEGENDARY SWORD???

Even then, Slime saddle is the most common mount in game, so It wouldn't make sense for yellow rarity. Seriously, HOW CAN A SLIME BE JUST AS RARE AS A LEGENDARY SWORD???
It becomes inconsistent if you change the rarity of slimy saddle from yellow to something lower because then it doesn't match the rest of the mounts, I really don't know why all mounts have a yellow rarity they just have since they were introduced

Back
Top Bottom