Terraria State of the Game - November 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up waiting for 1.4 on console. It feels like it's not going to drop until next summer. I own the game on 5 different platforms which currently stand at four different development stages. It's crazy. Half expect an SOTG announcement that ps4/xbone development is being put on hold to focus on next gen consoles.

1.4 is only what, 7 months old at this point? You probably waited longer than that for 1.3 on console. And given that they've had a complete change-out of developers, that's not an unexpected time to wait.

Me also. I've been here for what seems like forever. What's weird is consoles UI was totally grenaded long ago for reasons of "quicker updates" due to being in parity with the PC version. I was skeptical but thought, eh if it gets us to the same level as the current version, I'm ok I guess. Welp, we see how that went.

It went really well. Consoles had feature parity with PCs. Granted, it was only for like a couple of weeks before 1.4 hit, but mobile has never had feature parity.

[QUOTE = "ZeroJinKui, сообщение: 2209650, участник: 35"]
вы хотели ответить кому-то другому ...?

потому что это буквально не имеет ничего общего ни с чем в моем сообщении.
[/ QUOTE]
извините, просто почему-то пришло уведомление, что кто-то ответил на мой пост, я видел @Loki в вашем фрейме, и я думал, что вы мне ответили, но я не читал контент в фрейме, я просто заметил, что написано там

[QUOTE = "ZeroJinKui, сообщение: 2209650, участник: 35"]
вы хотели ответить кому-то другому ...?

потому что это буквально не имеет ничего общего ни с чем в моем сообщении.
[/ QUOTE]
извините, просто почему-то пришло уведомление, что кто-то ответил на мой пост, я видел @Loki в вашем фрейме, и я думал, что вы мне ответили, но я не читал контент в фрейме, я просто заметил, что написано там

...is that russian?

you spoke english in your previous response, little odd that you randomly switch to russian, and even turned your quote of me into russian, as well.

gonna assume you just thought i was someone else with your original response, then.

God I just LOVE being a console player, I’m really just feeling the love here

yeah... kinda frustrating how mobile swoops in and gets special treatment, with console being left in the dust... now we won't get 1.4 until spring/summer, and who knows when we'll get 1.4.1.

and since 1.4.1 makes important changes to making sure the jungle and other biomes don't get cursed right off the bat, and makes pyramids more likely to appear, we'll have to wait EVEN LONGER for the final update.

i am probably coming off as really negative... but this is just depressing.

this year has ruined me, i'm probably just gonna leave and check back in a few months or so.

Last edited:
...is that russian?

you spoke english in your previous response, little odd that you randomly switch to russian, and even turned your quote of me into russian, as well.

gonna assume you just thought i was someone else with your original response, then.

yeah... kinda frustrating how mobile swoops in and gets special treatment, with console being left in the dust... now we won't get 1.4 until spring/summer, and who knows when we'll get 1.4.1.

and since 1.4.1 makes important changes to making sure the jungle and other biomes don't get cursed right off the bat, and makes pyramids more likely to appear, we'll have to wait EVEN LONGER for the final update.

i am probably coming off as really negative... but this is just depressing.

this year has ruined me, i'm probably just gonna leave and check back in a few months or so.
Just saying console isnt being left in the dust, it is being worked on, now mobile with 1.4 is ge tting less treatment with hotfixes it seems, so that console can get developed really well and possibly fast.
1.4 also made the jun gle and snow biome not get cursed as much though, so at least we got that.

Just saying console isnt being left in the dust, it is being worked on, now mobile with 1.4 is ge tting less treatment with hotfixes it seems, so that console can get developed really well and possibly fast.
1.4 also made the jun gle and snow biome not get cursed as much though, so at least we got that.
Console is most assuredly being left in the dust. The end goal they have for this year is to get to an alpha stage of development, and if that’s the case it just means that despite everyone claiming DR Studios works fast we still most likely won’t see the update for about half a year, and that’s IF everything goes as planned.

1.4 is only what, 7 months old at this point? You probably waited longer than that for 1.3 on console. And given that they've had a complete change-out of developers, that's not an unexpected time to wait.

7 months isn't that long no, however there are bugs in local splitscreen (such as grapples, sentry counts, fishing quests, unplayable frost/pumpkin moon events) that cause significant problems, which the developers have said won't be fixed until 1.4. So, not only do we have to wait for the new stuff, we have to wait for fixes for stuff that still doesn't work.

Terraria + console always seems to = soon. "Soon" with no real info or dates becomes incredibly frustrating after years, not just after 7 months.

Last edited:
7 months isn't that long no, however there are bugs in local splitscreen (such as grapples, sentry counts, fishing quests, unplayable frost/pumpkin moon events) that cause significant problems, which the developers have said won't be fixed until 1.4. So, not only do we have to wait for the new stuff, we have to wait for fixes for stuff that still doesn't work.

Terraria + console always seems to = soon. "Soon" with no real info or dates becomes incredibly frustrating after years, not just after 7 months.
That's probably my main issue with the previous developers, 505 games, that they really did not care about splitscreen.

Glad to see that Terraria 1.4 Console is expected to hit alpha by early 2021 and can't wait for the upcoming mobile hotfix. It's been a pain not being able to target lock minions.

no, 1.4.1 has the corruption/crimson worldgen fix... not 1.4.

which is why, if we're gonna be forced to wait so long, they should just do both updates together.

That's probably my main issue with the previous developers, 505 games, that they really did not care about splitscreen.

505 games is the console PUBLISHER, not developer... and they're still the publisher.

the previous console developer was pipeworks.

the original console developer was engine.

Glad to see that Terraria 1.4 Console is expected to hit alpha by early 2021 and can't wait for the upcoming mobile hotfix. It's been a pain not being able to target lock minions.
Yeah I am really excited too
Can’t wait for when 1.4 is out on console(hopefully by then I can grab my friend, and get him to play 1.4, he has been stuck on 1.2 forever, and even now)

no, 1.4.1 has the corruption/crimson worldgen fix... not 1.4.

which is why, if we're gonna be forced to wait so long, they should just do both updates together.
Well I guess I confused it, but with how many worlds I have generated on mobile I pretty much only got the evil in front of the snow, or at the end of the jungle, and vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom