Wavebank Custom Wave Bank Creation and Installation - 1.3.4.X, beyond

Man, when i load all the tracks on XACT, it says "not supported format" in every file. And they're .wav!!!
upload_2019-6-6_18-15-9.png

Here's 1.4's track list.
01 - Overworld Night
02 - Eerie
03 - Overworld Day
04 - Boss 1
05 - Title Screen
06 - Jungle Day
07 - Corruption
08 - Hallow
09 - Underground Corruption
10 - Underground Hallow
11 - Boss 2
12 - Underground
13 - Boss 3
14 - Snow
15 - Space Night
16 - Crimson
17 - Golem (Boss 4)
18 - Alternate Day
19 - Rain
20 - Underground Snow
21 - Desert Day
22 - Ocean Day
23 - Dungeon
24 - Plantera
25 - Queen Bee (Boss 5)
26 - Lizhard Temple
27 - Eclipse
28 - Rain SFX
29 - Mushroom
30 - Pumpkin Moon
31 - Alternate Underground
32 - Frost Moon
33 - Underground Crimson
34 - Lunar Pillars
35 - Pirates
36 - Underworld
37 - Martian Madness
38 - Moon Lord (Boss 6)
39 - Goblin Army
40 - Sandstorm
41 - Old One's Army
42 - Space Day
43 - Ocean Night
44 - Windy Day
45 - Wind SFX
46 - Town Day
47 - Town Night
48 - Slime Rain
49 - Overworld Day Remix
50 - Journey's End
51 - Journey's End Loop
52 - Storm
53 - Graveyard
54 - Underground Jungle
55 - Jungle Night
56 - Queen Slime (Boss 7)
57 - Empress of Light (Boss 8)
58 - Duke Fishron
59 - Morning Rain
60 - Console Title
61 - Underground Desert
62-88 - All unknown seemingly unused tracks. Will still need to be put in for the wavebank to work though.
No idea what those last 27 tracks are. But they sound really cool.

@DerpoTheMagnificent

Those last tracks are the terraria otherworld soundtrack, it seems. You get them by speaking to party girl and clicking music, then those new tracks start playing. Click on her and music again and it goes back to the normal soundtrack.

I have no idea what song matches what though.

Ok, so I've been trying to build this wavebank for probably 3 days now. Each time I build it though, it throws an error at me saying "this implementation doesn't take advices", the same issue that AlexBC was getting. So what's happening then? It's confusing me, and also frustrating to deal with cause it's making this whole thing take WAY too long.
(Edit: I fixed this, so don't worry about it.)

Last edited:
Does this method still work for the new 1.4 songs?

Edit: I have my custom musics ready. (except for the otherworld music)

Last edited:
The last Otherworld tracks seem to be these:
62: Otherworld Rain
63: Otherworld Day
64: Otherworld Night
65: Otherworld Underground
66: Otherworld Desert
67: Otherworld Ocean
68: Otherworld Mushrooms
69: Otherworld Dungeon
70: Otherworld Space
71: Otherworld Hell
72: Otherworld Snow
73: Otherworld Corruption
74: Otherworld Underground Corruption
75: Otherworld Crimson
76: Otherworld Underground Crimson
77: Otherworld Ice
78: Otherworld Underground Hallow
79: Otherworld Eerie
80: Otherworld Boss 2
81: Otherworld Boss 1
82: Otherworld Invasion
83: Otherworld The Towers
84: Otherworld Lunar Boss
85: Otherworld Plantera
86: Otherworld Jungle
87: Otherworld Wall Of Flesh
88: Otherworld Hallow

I successfully created a Wave Bank, but when I loaded it into the game, I was greeted with Goblin Army menu music.
...I think I did something wrong.
Also I don't care if this article is ancient.

Hey everybody, I have a question, Do yo need the rain sfx, the wind sfx and the Otherworld music to make a Wave Bank? if that's the case, Could someone PLEASE pass me the wind sfx? i can't find it anywhere!

Okay, so I followed the tutorial to the letter and I'm having the "stuck at 0 volume" error. No matter where I search for answers, the only ones I seem to find are "have the right file name" and "have the correct number of wav files in the bank." I am on 1.4.1 and using 89 files, as the credits were added recently as the 89th wav. My wave bank is named "Wave Bank.xwb" properly.

I've tried naming them exactly as the files I extracted from the Content folder
I've tried only naming them as "01", "02", "03"... "89".
I've tried by making sure my XACT project and Wave Bank within were both called "Wave Bank"
I've tried extracting the default music from its xwb, pasting it back in XACT, building it, and putting the result back in my Content folder
I've tried checking my file sizes, formats, etc (using xWMA like I'm supposed to, 44100, 16 bit, and my overall size of my xwb is even smaller than the default)

When I only replace the xwb file, my terraria will get past the re-logic logo, but then the screen goes black and all you can see is the sunflower loading thing in the middle-center of the screen and it just loops endlessly.

When I build my xwb, I noticed it also puts a xgs file in the Win folder. I also noticed a TerrariaMusic.xgs in my Content folder. So as an experiment, I created a new project in XACT called "TerrariaMusic". I named the Wave Bank I created within it "Wave Bank". Then I went through the usual process, got my compression preset done, and built it. The result was a "TerrariaMusic.xgs" and a "Wave Bank.xwb" in my Win folder. So I copied those both to my Content folder. That allowed me to get past the infinite sunflower, but then I ended up in the situation I'm in now where my music goes to 0 and refuses to let me raise it up any higher.

I'm using XNA 4.0/XACT 3.0. I'm on Win10, so I did the trick where I used command prompt to install the tools without VS. The program seems to be running fine with no errors.

I also tried using QuickWaveBank, both for my custom tracks and with the defaults as a test run, and I had the same infinite sunflower loading issue. Since QWB doesn't make a xgs file, I wasn't able to try out using that method to see if it could get me to the title screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I also saw someone somewhere mention trying to delete the config.json from the my games/terraria folder, but that didn't do anything for me, either.

With the recent 1.4.1.2 Update, custom wavebanks have ceased to work. I hope the devs get word of this, It'd be reallly great to use them again.

Has anyone attempted one with ADPCM compression yet (the one Mac uses)? I've seen reports that the vanilla wave bank has massively increased in size which sounds like a change in compression. I'm not at home to do any tests yet

EDIT: issue fixed. Change the type from "In Memory" to "Streaming" before building.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like I can't make wavebanks with this technique. Running windows 10 and so I guess this doesn't work. Does anyone know of an alternative to this to make wavebanks? : \

1607042949178.png

This seems to be a similar problem as someone else on this forum from 3 years ago and it was never answered. Not sure what to do really... :v

Yeah, looks like I can't make wavebanks with this technique. Running windows 10 and so I guess this doesn't work. Does anyone know of an alternative to this to make wavebanks? : \

View attachment 300819

This seems to be a similar problem as someone else on this forum from 3 years ago and it was never answered. Not sure what to do really... :v

Dude, it literally tells you what requirements are missing - install those and you should be fine.
Also, you don't need to use all of the XNA Framework, just the Xact bit.

Dude, it literally tells you what requirements are missing - install those and you should be fine.
Also, you don't need to use all of the XNA Framework, just the Xact bit.

I followed the requirements to a T. I downloaded visual studio as it had wanted, and then it wanted xna framework, which is bundled with xact, but I cannot download xna framework because the program thinks that I do not have visual studio downloaded, which I showed having open in the background and so I cannot download xna because of this.

Simply saying download both doesn't work when I did download both. :v

In the blue box, it says I need to have AT LEAST ONE of those programs, and I do meet the requirement but it is not detecting that I actually meet two, of the one requirements.

Literally in the background of the last post is VISUAL STUDIO open up, with the other program saying I need it downloaded. : \

I followed the requirements to a T. I downloaded visual studio as it had wanted, and then it wanted xna framework, which is bundled with xact, but I cannot download xna framework because the program thinks that I do not have visual studio downloaded, which I showed having open in the background and so I cannot download xna because of this.

Simply saying download both doesn't work when I did download both. :v

In the blue box, it says I need to have AT LEAST ONE of those programs, and I do meet the requirement but it is not detecting that I actually meet two, of the one requirements.

Literally in the background of the last post is VISUAL STUDIO open up, with the other program saying I need it downloaded. : \
The answer to getting it working in Win 10 is in the second post of the thread....

I followed that and got it working perfectly.

If you're having the problem with the infinite sunflower, or just the music not playing, try this:
Go to the Wave Bank in the XACT file, and change the type from "In Memory" to "Streaming", and build the file again. After doing this, I got the wave bank to work.

Back
Top Bottom