Game Mechanics Boss Drop Mechanics Revision for Weapons

I'm pretty sure that everyone been in this situation: you defeat a boss, don't get the weapon you want, then you defeat the boss over and over again, trying to get a certain weapon, but the boss keeps dropping the same items over and over again, and you waste so much time to get the weapon. So what I'm proposing is a new system for how these weapons would drop from bosses (this would only apply to QB, WoF, Plantera, Golem, EoL, DF, ML, the OOA bosses, the Martian Saucer, and maybe the mimics):
So when you beat the boss the first time (I'll use Plantera as an example) you'd get a random weapon, for example, the Flower Pow. The Flower Pow would be removed from the drops in that world. Then, when you defeat Plantera a second time in that same world, you'd get something different, like the Seedler. That would also be removed from the drops. Once you get every weapon once (excluding the Pygmy Staff) the whole system would reset, and you'd be able to get an item that already dropped, but then it would be removed from the drops a second time, and so on.
This new system would put a limit on how many times you'd have to fight the boss again to get what you want, thus making getting those boss weapons much less tedious.

This is a good idea, but how will multiplayer be handled?

Edit: What I mean is, sometimes multiple people want the same weapon, and it's annoying to fight the same boss 6 times to reset the drop cycle and potentially not drop it until the end of the cycle.

This is a good idea, but how will multiplayer be handled?

Edit: What I mean is, sometimes multiple people want the same weapon, and it's annoying to fight the same boss 6 times to reset the drop cycle and potentially not drop it until the end of the cycle.
In Expert mode and Master mode, each player that deals damage to the boss gets their own treasure bag, so each player could have their own separate drop cycle. Not sure about Normal mode though.

Back
Top Bottom