Terraria State of the Game - December 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
XBOX & PLAYSTATION

Another month of focused Console development down, and with it, loads of great progress towards the eventual release of Journey's End for Consoles! As we mentioned in November, the team's goal was to reach the Alpha stage of development for Consoles by the close of 2020.

*happy console player noises*

Aside from that, I hope the Re-logic team and DR Studios have a great Christmas!
(That is unless certain people in the teams don’t celebrate Christmas, then just have a great regular day!)

If we ever do get 1.4.2, or even 1.5, I hope they revamp granite and marble biomes. They have hardly any content and serve little to no purpose during progression.
I doubt they will have another big update but yeah they need more. Like the blue mushroom biomes got in 1.4.

If we ever do get 1.4.2, or even 1.5, I hope they revamp granite and marble biomes. They have hardly any content and serve little to no purpose during progression.

They shouldn't serve a progression purpose. Their purpose is to be a reward for exploration, to break up the monotony of digging underground because you sometimes find something interesting. It's a unique alternative to ruined cabins and the like.

Not everything in the game needs to be about progression. That's what makes exploration interesting: not all ends are gameplay essential.

i think we've got more than enough for terraria as-is.

because let's be honest, no matter what they do, people are going to keep asking for more...

even IF they caved and gave fans a 1.5... i guarantee you people would immediately start requesting a 1.6... then a 1.7... it would never end.

just be glad with what we have, the game has already gone significantly farther than i think it was intended to, originally.

if they kept adding more stuff, there'd be little to no reason for a sequel, if such a thing is in terraria's future.

terraria is one of my favorite games, i've been strangely obsessed with it ever since i was first introduced to it back in 2011, but i think 1.4 is a good ending point.

i would love a sequel if re-logic actually wants to do one, but if they want to try other stuff, i'm interested in seeing what those things end up being, as well.

that's because what was meant to be a more minor update kept growing into a bigger and bigger update due to more ideas coming to them.

that's not being "bamboozled"... do you know what that word means?

it means to deceive through underhanded ways... it can also mean to confuse, frustrate, or throw someone off completely.

i don't really see how that fits with what happened at all.
Yeah I understand what "bamboozled" means. Devs ran into more and more problems and confused and probably frustrated them (bamboozled!) which further delayed the game. This went from a simple message that meant virtually nothing to something that has to be dragged along.

I wonder... will we ever have the ability to sync data from console to mobile? I know a couple mobile games that can use other systems like Microsoft so could it be possible for Terraria? Imagine being able to continue your worlds on your phone from wherever when you can't play on your console. Especially when both versions are on the same update (1.4)
Now that both versions will have been developed by the same company, maybe. But even with them being made by the same developer, I imagine that it would still be difficult.

Yeah I understand what "bamboozled" means. Devs ran into more and more problems and confused and probably frustrated them (bamboozled!) which further delayed the game. This went from a simple message that meant virtually nothing to something that has to be dragged along.

and i just explained that the reason it kept getting "delayed" is because they kept coming up with new ideas and kept adding more to it...

being hit with inspiration and making something bigger and greater than it was intended to be... is NOT being bamboozled.

and i just explained that the reason it kept getting "delayed" is because they kept coming up with new ideas and kept adding more to it...

being hit with inspiration and making something bigger and greater than it was intended to be... is NOT being bamboozled.
You don't realize that it was delayed because more and more bugs kept coming up too. Yes they had more ideas, but there were bugs that came up unexpectedly and kinda pushed release date back. I mean, we were supposed to get it sometime in the 4th quarter of 2019 but instead we got it in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2020. You can't honestly think that they didn't get frustrated from running into problems.

You don't realize that it was delayed because more and more bugs kept coming up too. Yes they had more ideas, but there were bugs that came up unexpectedly and kinda pushed release date back. I mean, we were supposed to get it sometime in the 4th quarter of 2019 but instead we got it in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2020. You can't honestly think that they didn't get frustrated from running into problems.
Furthermore, this conversation is now over. I stick with what I told you and you do what you want. Some advice; don't go arguing with everybody about these things or something bad might happen. Take it or leave it.

Furthermore, this conversation is now over. I stick with what I told you and you do what you want. Some advice; don't go arguing with everybody about these things or something bad might happen. Take it or leave it.

are you seriously threatening me?

well now you've just lit a fire that you are gonna have trouble putting out... i don't tolerate threats.

i respect re-logic, so i won't escalate things myself, nor will i do so in the public forums.

but here's some advice for you... threatening others is extremely foolish.

Last edited:
Completely moving on from the “heated debate”

It’s nice to see Terraria still get support despite receiving no more content updates. Not a lot of big time developers can say that anymore imo. I’m just wondering when and - more importantly - how the Terraria team will completely move on from Terraria.

Wow I just made two edits in the span of two minutes, I can’t ever decide what I want to say in a comment

Last edited:
I wonder... will we ever have the ability to sync data from console to mobile? I know a couple mobile games that can use other systems like Microsoft so could it be possible for Terraria? Imagine being able to continue your worlds on your phone from wherever when you can't play on your console. Especially when both versions are on the same update (1.4)

Would love to see this as well... but its easier said than done. Definitely something I want to explore once everyone is on 1.4.1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom