Magicasquirrel's AMA

MagicasquirrelTMT

Official Terrarian
Since I have nothing better to do, might as well make an AMA. Probably won't get much attention, but whatever.

As far as questions go, I will answer everything, except questions which I have no answer for (and also outright ridiculous or extremely personal questions).

Questions, start!

Considering how much stress and troubles I went through in an attempt to get multiplayer working, and it still didn't work...

I'd say definetly playing with a bud. Two are better than one, and I could play a more supportive role with my mage, carrying around tons of utility weapons and late game buffing my bud with spectre hood/nebula armor. Maybe even playing a mage-summoner mix for maximum support power!

My pfp gives half the answer, lol. Don't get me wrong, Stardust dragon is a beast and watching it shred bosses like the destroyer is extremely satisfying, but what's even more satisfying is watching a flock of stardust cells teleport around, shooting smaller cells that eat your foes. And they just look adorable, they manage to be simple and complicated at the same time, which I love. Also, having an army of smaller minions feels more natural than having one giant minion (besides, you have one giant minion in form of a stardust guardian). Also also, stardust guardian doesn't work well with stardust dragon since you want to use the firecracker, but stardust guardian will eat up the firecracker charges with it's weak but rapid attacks. So, all in all, I prefer the cells.

My pfp gives half the answer, lol. Don't get me wrong, Stardust dragon is a beast and watching it shred bosses like destroyer is extremely satisfying, but what's even more satisfying is watching a flock of stardust cells teleport around, shooting smaller cells that eat your foes. And they just look adorable, they manage to be simple and complicated at the same time, which I love. Also, having an army of smaller minions feels more natural than having one giant minion (besides, you have one giant minion in form of a stardust guardian). Also also, stardust guardian doesn't work well with stardust dragon since you want to use the firecracker, but stardust guardian will eat up the firecracker charges with it's weak but rapid attacks. So, all in all, I prefer the cells.
Me too... I usually bring one cell for the insane debuff
or I only use cells when playing non-summoner

Me too... I usually bring one cell for the insane debuff

Cells debuff stacks, so might wanna consider more than one

or I only use cells when playing non-summoner

Yup, another reason why I like the cells more - I-frames. In general, it is the reason I moved on to mage - the cells are awesome because they don't cause I-frames and are precise, but so many other minions are trash because of I-frames or extreme inaccuracy. Summoner progression is wack.

Cells debuff stacks, so might wanna consider more than one

Yup, another reason why I like the cells more - I-frames. In general, it is the reason I moved on to mage - the cells are awesome because they don't cause I-frames and are precise, but so many other minions are trash because of I-frames or extreme inaccuracy. Summoner progression is wack.
Actually tho, one cell deals deals ~120dmg without debuffs so it's kinda trash in that sense... but it's precision only falls behind terrprisma as well as it's no iframe plus it's debuff actually deals 400 dps... imagine. so it's actually underrated by many, many people.

I guess vampire frogs, the minions themselves aren't that bad, but the rng required to get them is pretty bonkers: first you need a blood moon, then you have to fish up an uncommon (and tough) enemy AND THEN you're not even guaranteed to get one. They're a hassle to get and aren't even worth it since you can just kill a few EoW segments/BoC creepers, make a pickaxe, mine some hellstone and then make the imp staff. I gave up on playing summoner, but if I do decide to do a summoner run again, I would only ever try to get it for a "collect every class weapon" run.

(Edit: I still think vampire frogs are a hassle to get, but seeing how they are more reliable than imps and can stun-lock certain enemies, I think they actually might be worth it. Gonna do some testing once I finish my current mage run.)

Last edited:
do you think skeletons have good loot in the dungeon, cuz i don't. (goblin boi reference) (but seriously the dungeon is pointless to rangers like me, even if i live there)

What's your favorite mythical creature?

Ummm, that is a REALLY hard question. There a lot of cool mythical creatures. I can't even pick one honestly.

do you think skeletons have good loot in the dungeon, cuz i don't. (goblin boi reference) (but seriously the dungeon is pointless to rangers like me, even if i live there)

Pre-hardmode - no. Pretty much only good things there are the clothier voodoo doll, which allows you to farm skeletron, the tally counter which is used for the cell phone, and necro armor (which is actually a ranger armor so I have no idea why you say they're useless to you)
Hardmode, post-plantera - Best place in the game. Master ninja gear, Wisp in a bottle, spectre armor and tools, like 10 different magic weapons, ectoplasm which allows you to summon pumpkin and frost moons,
And so much more! Again, there are lots of good ranger drops here as well, so I really don't see why you would find it useless (unless you're using bows only)

Pre-hardmode - no. Pretty much only good things there are the clothier voodoo doll, which allows you to farm skeletron, the tally counter which is used for the cell phone, and necro armor (which is actually a ranger armor so I have no idea why you say they're useless to you)
Hardmode, post-plantera - Best place in the game. Master ninja gear, Wisp in a bottle, spectre armor and tools, like 10 different magic weapons, ectoplasm which allows you to summon pumpkin and frost moons,
And so much more! Again, there are lots of good ranger drops here as well, so I really don't see why you would find it useless (unless you're using bows only)
I forgot about necro armor lol, (also I am mostly bow ranger so sniper and prox launcher is called out although I may use s.d.m.g, S.S.S and celebration mk2)

Back
Top Bottom