Biomes & Nature The Deep Ocean

Evil Ghost Lady

Spazmatism
Note: this thread is a very incomplete

So when I was playing the drunk world seed I encountered a trench. I was excited for a new deep ocean biome, I was pretty disappointed when I found out it was actually just a cave with nothing new. And that's why I made this thread.

Angler fish are already in the game but they would spawn here.

Ink Jellyfish
Pre hardmode.
Heath: 50
Damage: 30
Defense: 8
It is a new type of jellyfish made of ink.

Giant Isopod
Pre hardmode
Heath: 200
Damage: 20
Defense: 30
It is pretty much a less powerful version of the giant tortoise.

Morray Eel
Pre hardmode.
Heath: 150
Damage: 10 (tail and body) 25 (head)
Defense: 22 (tail) 16 (body) 5 (head)
All I have to saw is that it is a worm enemy.

Spider Crab
Hardmode.
Heath: 500
Damage: 40
Defense: 35
A more powerful version of the normal crab.

The ocean tunnels were wasted potential, they could've been so much more. If the tunnels led to an entire underwater biome not only would it add more content to ocean, but it would give all the water breathing equipment in the game an actual purpose

The ocean tunnels were wasted potential, they could've been so much more. If the tunnels led to an entire underwater biome not only would it add more content to ocean, but it would give all the water breathing equipment in the game an actual purpose
*Looks at the abyss*

This is definitely an interesting idea. Currently, the ocean trenches only have a chance to spawn in a world, so I suppose if they're to be their own biome, they would have to always spawn (perhaps one per world in a random ocean). I also think it would be interesting if they had some old, ruined structures to add an air of mystery, and perhaps a hardmode miniboss could spawn with some exclusive loot.

Back
Top Bottom