tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I didn't look at the entire forum, but I think I encountered a bug(hoping this is the place to put it), I was screwing around doing the lunar events and I accidentally summoned the perforator, I killed it with the elemental disk(rogue type) and split the second worm before killing the perforator hive, but all the boss bars for the perforator(s) stayed there and didn't go away, and started displaying the names of other creatures. I added a pic. don't mind the bug, kind of funny actually, but posting just to let pple know

Attachments

• Boss bar bug pic.PNG
    Boss bar bug pic.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 241
I didn't look at the entire forum, but I think I encountered a bug(hoping this is the place to put it), I was screwing around doing the lunar events and I accidentally summoned the perforator, I killed it with the elemental disk(rogue type) and split the second worm before killing the perforator hive, but all the boss bars for the perforator(s) stayed there and didn't go away, and started displaying the names of other creatures. I added a pic. don't mind the bug, kind of funny actually, but posting just to let pple know
I think the best place to report bugs is on the Calamity Mod discord

I have no money, so I can’t donate, but if I could ad an item to this mod via patreon, here’s my idea.
The Finishing Touch:
Classless Weapon
Available in late hardmode
This weapon can only be used on a boss below 5% health (might change later), and does not work against Yharon, Scal, and any bosses in the future that are past them in progression.
When used, it acts like a final smash in a way. It has an activation box similar to the murasama. when it hits a boss below 5% health, the boss is locked in place and the player floats up to them, with immunity frames. It plays a random meme noise (“I like ya cut g”, “So long gay bowser”, “Bababooey”, “Doriyah”), and then slaps the boss with an extremely loud slap noise (volume can be toggled with it’s own setting).

This is an instant kill weapon, but as mentioned it only works on bosses at really low health. If you want to challenge yourself, you don’t need to use it. It is crafted using the slap hand and some other hardmode items that I have yet think of. More meme sounds coming soon.

If you have any suggestions on rebalancing let me know. This is an experimental weapon and I’m still thinking about ideas for it. It is supposed to be a classless weapon, even if it seems like it would be a melee weapon. It does not display a base damage or crit chance etc.

Hi. I need to report something. While using the mod, I was in a cave when I saw a structure nearby. (I believe it's that laboratory structure made out of rusted pipes and laboratory plating) I tried getting closer, but after I get within a certain range of the structure, the game crashes without warning. If anyone knows what's going on and/or can fix this, please let me know. Edit: Same thing happens when I approach a planetoid core.
1609184496762.png

Last edited:
Hi. I need to report something. While using the mod, I was in a cave when I saw a structure nearby. (I believe it's that laboratory structure made out of rusted pipes and laboratory plating) I tried getting closer, but after I get within a certain range of the structure, the game crashes without warning. If anyone knows what's going on and/or can fix this, please let me know. Edit: Same thing happens when I approach a planetoid core.
View attachment 303001
have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I'm going to start by saying that I love Calamity. Terraria is an amazing (near perfect) game. Calamity takes it to a whole other level of greatness.

However, the Supreme Calamitas fight just feels completely wrong.

To explain why, I think its necessary to elaborate on what I think makes Terraria (and the rest of Calamity) such an exquisite gaming experience.

Freedom. If you are having trouble on a boss, try another boss at about the same tier. OR build gear upgrades. OR build a bigger and better arena. Or...

That all comes to a screaming halt with Supreme Calamitas. For all intents and purposes, gear doesn't matter. You cannot alter the battlefield in any relevant way. You cannot do anything else that contributes to your success against SC other than...

You must embrace the bullet hell and muscle memory through the dozens (at a minimum) of attempts it requires to near flawlessly avoid every single tiny projectile which is flooding the arena. The freedom that is the core of Terraria/Calamity's essence doesn't exist here.

And I'm not even saying that the SC encounter is poorly designed. Its very well designed. If you invest enough time into attempts and then play well enough, you win. It just feels staggeringly out of place in a game like this one.

I even know the inevitable response to this. "Its optional." But it doesn't feel optional. Its the obvious next step after Yharon. And few gamers are going to be satisfied just leaving the playthrough unfinished. As one last bit of context, I've just finished my 6th full run of Calamity. Every time I have an absolute blast. Then I get to SC. Then I grind out the painful number of attempts in which it takes to get it done.

To me there are 2 notable solutions to this issue.

1) Make Supreme Calamitas only accessible if the other bosses have been beaten on Master difficulty and with Revengeance and Death mode enabled. This assures that only the kind of player that enjoys crushing levels of difficulty will even have access to the encounter, and the rest of them will "complete" the game without it.

Or better...

2) Design a mechanic that gives players the FREEDOM to tackle SC in other ways. Let players complete alternative goals which weaken SC's raw damage and/or the number of projectiles in the fight. Give us access to items which deal with specific elements of the encounter. And so on.

O i don't know what to do
(just don't approach these structures)
Well, I found a similar structure in the Sunken Sea which didn't crash the game. I think it might be some sort of issue either with rendering in the structures, or with the game not being able to render in a certain texture.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-01 14.10.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-01 14.10.15.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 328
Well, I found a similar structure in the Sunken Sea which didn't crash the game. I think it might be some sort of issue either with rendering in the structures, or with the game not being able to render in a certain texture.
maybe some block is broken
is any other lab crashing ( jungle,underworld)

i liked the green version of anahita
Yeah, I also really liked the look of the "Siren" boss. Sadly the original sprite texture's owner, gamagamer64 had a request to take out the textures from the mod so he (or she) can use the textures for the Tides of Aether mod.

Back
Top Bottom