Map-Adventure R'lyeh Nexus

I... Wow.

This is just... an amazing map. I won't be able to find all the secrets, I don't have the time nor the willpower, but what I've seen is enough for me to love this map to death.

I... Wow.

This is just... an amazing map. I won't be able to find all the secrets, I don't have the time nor the willpower, but what I've seen is enough for me to love this map to death.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! I'm really glad you've enjoyed it! :)

What does Neth mean?
20210228182444_1.jpg

It's something from an old Dungeons & Dragons Manual!

Anyway - I just released a Journey's End update to R'lyeh Nexus! Check it out if you want to. :D

This map is very cooooool!but most players in China will give up playing because of English. This is very regrettable. Can I make a Chinese version and publish it on the Chinese Internet?
And, Gandhi, do you have any plans to add deerclops to the game?

I've been contacted in curseforge, and I'm looking forward to the update R'lyeh Nexus!

Last edited:
Hiya! I remember playing the map on Expert & wanna do so again but I'm confused by the CurseForge page. I assume that older upload dates = older versions, but the "PBP" files weren't the map itself, so where's the Expert version?

Hiya! I remember playing the map on Expert & wanna do so again but I'm confused by the CurseForge page. I assume that older upload dates = older versions, but the "PBP" files weren't the map itself, so where's the Expert version?
Wow, I think Curseforge changed the way they display files. If you go to the Files tab, then click "View All" next to Recent Files. The most current Expert and Master versions are there, under PBPM (and above the previous versions, which I keep just in case the new one is somehow broken). The Expert/Master versions used to have a very different update structure, so I gave them a different update naming convention - Greek letters instead of numbers.

Anyway, Theta Version (January 2nd) is what you're looking for.

Thanks for playing and bringing this to my attention!

Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
Potentially - what kind of features would you like it to have in it?

Great question, haven't considered Journey-specific features that could be added.

Personally, I just use Journey characters primarily because I like to build and change difficulty on the fly and really wanted to play in your world. I suppose you could create achievements based around some of the Journey tools like weather control or research/duplication.

Maybe a "build your own base to defend" task?

Great question, haven't considered Journey-specific features that could be added.

Personally, I just use Journey characters primarily because I like to build and change difficulty on the fly and really wanted to play in your world. I suppose you could create achievements based around some of the Journey tools like weather control or research/duplication.

Maybe a "build your own base to defend" task?
I also really appreciate Journey mode when I'm playing a typical Terraria run! However, with this adventure map, you're usually starting a brand new character and following some extra rules (including no breaking/building stuff). Some main advantages of Journey mode is that you can build much more easily, toggle invincibility,
and change enemy spawns, which all go against the intended gameplay of my map.

It could be helpful to be able to change the time of day or the weather, like you said - but I don't know if there is a lot to gain by making a Journey version. Also, I like your idea of building a base to defend! ...but I don't know if that really fits in with the rest of the map. There would have to be signs that explain "it's ok to duplicate and build here, but nowhere else please" and that can be confusing, or at least, more tempting to cheat for the player.

I'm still not entirely opposed to the idea, but I'd just want a strong reason. Why would you prefer Journey mode over Normal mode for R'lyeh Nexus?

I also really appreciate Journey mode when I'm playing a typical Terraria run! However, with this adventure map...

Makes total sense.

Why would you prefer Journey mode over Normal mode for R'lyeh Nexus?

With what you said above, there really isn't a reason for Journey-mode other than just wanting to use Journey-only characters that could play around in my other exclusive worlds. I think, then, R'lyeh Nexus would be a good incentive to try a regular character for a new type of challenge.

Makes total sense.

With what you said above, there really isn't a reason for Journey-mode other than just wanting to use Journey-only characters that could play around in my other exclusive worlds. I think, then, R'lyeh Nexus would be a good incentive to try a regular character for a new type of challenge.
In my opinion, Normal Mode RN would be a great new challenge if you've beaten Journey Mode in a regular world! It may help you learn the bosses a little better, and make you a stronger player!

But that being said - let me know if you still want a Journey Mode version. I could change a flag in TEdit and send you a Journey Mode RN. But there are no guarantees that everything would work, or that the feelings of accomplishment wouldn't be spoiled. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom