tModLoader Metroid Mod

Would anyone be up for a lightly modded coop playthrough for the mod? Metroid mod+all mods. You can dm CiscoRamon#1994 on discord for the info

Would anyone be up for a lightly modded coop playthrough for the mod? Metroid mod+all mods. You can dm CiscoRamon#1994 on discord for the info
i would ask to join but i share a computer with my brother and he's going to be on it most likely all day for the following weeks so i wont be able to join

the new and improved hyper beam and phazon beam are just downright god-like.

Honestly, I think these two are better than the actual charge cannon add-on but they're all very solid for endgame stuff.

Whoa man. After posting this mod, I decided to take the weekend off, becuase, well, for one: it was new years, and two: I knew most of you guys needed time anyway to find bugs and issues. I'm honestly surprised at how quickly you guys have discovered stuff. I'm also very glad that you guys are enjoying this mod.

I believe I've noted down all of the issues that you guys have reported thus far. However, you may also submit bug reports here: Terratroid/Terraria-Metroidmod_TmodLoader
Click the green "New Issue" button, give it a title and a detailed description. The more details the better.

Some issues you guys have found I haven't been able to replicate for one reason or another. Bugs relating to the Grapple Beam especially I haven't found (reeling up and jumping, and morphing don't cause issues for me). I'd like some more info such as a detailed mod list (you can put it in spoiler tags if it's long) or even if you're using a grapple from another mod or just a vanilla grapple.
It's also worth noting that I've never used TML64bit, simply because I didn't think it was stable. I'll look into it, however, but we'll see.

On another note, some pieces of info and intended function for those unaware:
-The Chozo Ghost town NPC spawns after the Torizo is defeated, and he offers a way to re-fight the Torizo without needing to make a new world (many of you already knew this)
-The Phazon Meteor is intended to spawn after defeating Plantera and the world is already on hardmode (defeating Plantera on a pre-hardmode world doesn't trigger it).
-Phazon should be mineable with the Nova Laser as soon as possible (the Nova Laser may be bugged if it can't mine it).
-The Supercooled Plasma Core drops from the Ice Queen in the Frost Moon event and is used to make Ice Beam V2.
-Goblin Summoner has a chance to drop Shadowflame Morph Ball Bombs.
-Pumpking has a chance to drop Pumpkin Morph Ball Bombs.
-Betsy drops the Betsy Morph Ball Bombs.
-X-Ray Scope and Spider Ball are intended to be rare statue items (hence their hardmode recipes), but I apparently didn't do a good job making them rare enough.
-Also X-Ray Scope has an unintentionally larger ray of light on Retro and Trippy lighting settings. Gonna try and shrink it to the same size it is on the Color and White settings.
Hopefully that clears up a few things.

Gonna start work on a wiki as well. The current one on github hasn't been updated in some time - I'll get around to redoing it.

Thanks again for the awesome mod. I just finished my second play through with more mods this time. You already noted down the bugs from the previous pages, but just for the record, the grapple jump catapult bug and the grapple bug into buggy morph ball mode were both found in this playthrough. Ive attached my complete mod list as a png.

I almost killed all bosses skipped some prehardmode stuff on the boss checklist) and it was a lot of fun with these mods. Most I actually never used. i only used the gear from Metroid mod with some accesories from the spirit mod (one was 11% attack, another was 12% lower damage), otherwise it was worm scarf, the spacejump screwattack speed combo item (was too lazy to get the boots) and the reserve tanks. First playthrough i didnt upgrade to v2 beams and went right to the vortex, solar, etc versions. Ob boy was i wrong, the v2 (wave v2, wide, etc) are so insane powerful at this stage. They actually replaced my Disruptor missiles (the one that create 4 orbs that circle outwards). Btw, this mod is stil the most powerful out of them all dps wise. not even the vortex or solar or frost one could beat it.

Qwerty bosses, spirit mod, Thorium mod and Matroid were the major ones that added bosses. I beat the game on normal with boss expertise I turned on expert AI and loot bags. Overall Id say it was fairly casual, just how id expect a normal run. The metroid gear was very fun to use. I think with expert mode it would fit right in. I wanted to do a 3rd playthrough with calamity, but I think ive seen enough terrara for a couple weeks again :D Overall from my mod list I only used the vendors to get some quick teleport potions, boss summons for refights, and quick buff potions. I only used the hellevator, sky bridge and platform item from luiafk. Nothing was cheated in (except Phazon ore, see below).

I'd still rate it a 9.5/10. Power bomb still my favorite, especially the solar bomb variant.

A little boss review:
- Torizo: I love how its a replica from Super metroid. its fricking perfect. The music, the feeling. Only downside: If you go outside the room and up a couple platform, the boss will try to jump up, maybe get up one or two platforms and then walk a little, falling down again. I literally went to the ruins, mined some ores, made the bow from it that shoots two arrows, got 500 arrows and killed it. naked. its too easy. Id say make the room unminable, or requiring a very high pickaxe level (plantera level pickaxe). Then make the room autoclose behind you when the fight starts like in Super Metroid. Then you actually have a fight on your hands. Oh and make the room smaller. Its possible to roll below him to dodge and to jump for the beams. Makes for a perfect fight.

- Kraid: Its perfectly done. Except its vertical movement. It constantly spawns slightly below me on the next best surface, which often is a small hole in the ground. So now its stuck there and i have to dig it out to kill it... The slow horizontal movement mimics the SNES game nicely, but it needs to be in a better spawn location. If im up on a skywalk i want it to land there, not on the ground.

- Phantoon: I like how its almost the same as in the SNES game too. Good job. But it kinda sucks that it despawns if you run too far away, which is too easy with the speedboosters. Make it follow you across the whole map until you die.

- Nightmare: Aside from that one time where it would autoregen instantly for me it works fine. no problem. Though at this stage of the game its a little too easy. V2 beams are blocked nicely by phase one, but the disruption missile charge addon wrecks it in one charged shot or two. then its back to v2 charge shot with wide beam, v2 wave and plasma. bye bye nightmare. Phantoon was harder at its spot in the progression for sure.

About Phazon meteor:
I made a new world as I had a sky bridge up in my main, which blocks meteor spawning alltogether. In that world I killed WoF, then plantera (via spawn item from my main world), then temple golem. no meteor. I guess I shouldve killed the mecha bosses and then killed plantera via the bulb to make it count, because afterwards there was no more bulb to be found, even after I got the message that the jungle grows restless :D

Attachments

• mods.png
    mods.png
    328.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Just sharing my experience with the Torizo boss.
First of all I loved the fight.
Second, I did it very early on and only had morph ball + bombs. No other weapons. Fighting this boss with only morph ball and bombs was really well balanced (normal mode). It wasn't too hard but it was also dangerous enough to pose enough of a challenge. The Torizo hits hard enough that you can only survive a few hits but with how bombs work you can kite him really consistently.

Also, the morph ball, in general, is just too good. Mostly because it is too darn fun... Can you please nerf the fun factor? I am currently in morph ball mode 99% of the time because it is so much fun. This greatly imbalances the game! (Note: I am being facetious...).

Like hans123 I will be doing a playthrough with a number of additional content mods, shortly. If any incompatibilities are found I'll post them here on the forums. I'm curious to see how the DNI upgrades mod and Calamity interact with Metroid Mod. I'm also considering adding the other Metroid mod to see how it interacts with this one.

im in the dungeon right now, and i find it such a great little detail that larval metroids get frozen instantly by the ice beam compared to regular enemies. little details like these are why i absolutely loved this mod in tapi (iirc the ice beam also froze metroids instantly back then), and why i absolutely love it now. and speaking of ice beam, i regret making ice beam over ice missile because i found like 3 chozo statues with ice beams and no ice missile chozo statues, if those even exist

serris is really mean, he just ran away after i hit him twice. what a coward fight me (after the second hit he went hyperspeed like he normally does, but after the hyperspeed ended he didnt even go after me he just... flew away into out of bounds and despawned)
EDIT: happened again, just installed hero's mod to give me infinite bait
EDIT 2: yet again he just flew away
EDIT 3: he ran away again, but after that i summoned him again and managed to beat him. i summoned him again and this time he just went straight to the void, not even attacking me once.
1609714076700.png

Last edited:
1609716064623.png
1609716102536.png

This is one of the best, if not the best ways to build a house in this mod. You can get in and out easily and it will be harder for mobs to break in. The morph ball is such a useful item like this

the more I use the phazon beam, the more I'm just infatuated by its damage it can dish out alongside the spectacular light show it produces. This thing is just ungodly and I love it

Dunno if it's another mod causing issues, but when I transform into the morph ball, sometimes the sprite stays... and grows... and grows. till it looks like this. Thoughts?

1609720206534.png

Id say make the room unminable, or requiring a very high pickaxe level (plantera level pickaxe).
This reminded me of something; apparently Chozite doesn't have bricks. Perhaps Chozite Bricks could be added and subsequently used for the Chozo ruins? And on that wavelength, perhaps they could require a decent pickaxe power to mine?
serris is really mean, he just ran away after i hit him twice.
I've actually been having this problem too, but for much later in the fight. Besides how Serris has been despawning halfway in, it's really fun and I like how it encourages the use of Sense Moving. I just wish it could end in a way that doesn't involve the thing turning tail.

I really love that the boss masks actually have animations
In my first playthrough, I got the Torizo mask on I think the first fight, and when I found out the beak moves when you walk/fire I ended up wearing it until I got Betsy's, only switching to it because dragon (and I got the wings on a prior fight with it)

I am feeling a bit stupid, I didnt check te thread until yesterday!

So grateful the effort you put in the mod Scooterboot, I just started and encountered a ¿Geezer? (cant remeber the name, tha little fella that climb walls) and I am in love for all eternity with the mod. So thanks, really, thank you soooooo much and the team!

Hope you guys are playing it and enjoying it so much!

See you later, because I have a new world to explore!

PD: Dont know how to name it, SR388, Aether, Lv 426 or Acheron...? Hahahaha

PPD: The mod can be played with other biggies? Like Spirit, Thorium or Calamity? Would like to explore their biomes with the metroid stuff `:cool:

PPD: The mod can be played with other biggies? Like Spirit, Thorium or Calamity? Would like to explore their biomes with the metroid stuff `:cool:

I've been doin a calamity + fargo soul playthrough while having metroid mod installed and it is pretty stable enough. Of course, if I had Tml64bit updated beforehand, there would be a widespread variety of large content mods injected as well.

But to put it simply, metroid mod isn't having problems dealing with custom content and whatnot but I have yet to fight Mutant (Which is by far the most superboss of modded terraria so far.)

I actually don't intend to do a Metroid playthrough with Calamity specifically until it has cross content compatibility... Can't do a full Hunter playthrough if the class stops existing halfway through, y'know? Probably same goes with Enigma, though not to the same degree since it's not that much after Moon Lord. Would do one with Thorium, though!

On a related note, I recall someone making a God Slayer power suit in the previous forum, and that's had me wondering what Hunter equipment would be like in Post-Moon Lord Calamity.

I actually don't intend to do a Metroid playthrough with Calamity specifically until it has cross content compatibility... Can't do a full Hunter playthrough if the class stops existing halfway through, y'know? Probably same goes with Enigma, though not to the same degree since it's not that much after Moon Lord. Would do one with Thorium, though!

On a related note, I recall someone making a God Slayer power suit in the previous forum, and that's had me wondering what Hunter equipment would be like in Post-Moon Lord Calamity.

funnily enough, I kinda sprited a quick concept of that some time ago.

GodslayerMetroidconcept.png

Back
Top Bottom