tModLoader Metroid Mod

funnily enough, I kinda sprited a quick concept of that some time ago.

GodslayerMetroidconcept.png
that's the exact image i was referring to lol

I just found a bug, when using a hunter potion enemies from the mod don't show up.

I've been doin a calamity + fargo soul playthrough while having metroid mod installed and it is pretty stable enough. Of course, if I had Tml64bit updated beforehand, there would be a widespread variety of large content mods injected as well.

But to put it simply, metroid mod isn't having problems dealing with custom content and whatnot but I have yet to fight Mutant (Which is by far the most superboss of modded terraria so far.)
The one from steam is 32 or 64bits? It seems to have 4GB of memory so cant use all three with the metroid one.
I cant fight the Mutant boss without it crashing so it doesnt bother me too much.

Thanks for your help 😊

Okay. I posted an issue I had a while ago and I've since fixed it. I'll post here for the devs to see.

When you kill Plantera a Phazon Meteor is set to spawn. HOWEVER if you have a skybridge up across the top of the map but below a certain point the game is unable to spawn a phazon meteor. This makes the game start lagging CONSIDERABLY as it continues trying (and failing) to spawn one. Breaking a single gap in the skybridge will allow it to plummet as normal fixing it.

The one from steam is 32 or 64bits? It seems to have 4GB of memory so cant use all three with the metroid one.
I cant fight the Mutant boss without it crashing so it doesnt bother me too much.

Thanks for your help 😊
no prob, I'm using the 32 bit now before moving on to 64bit since they just updated

Ah yes, finally, what I didn't even know I needed is here. At first, I was like "oh, some random Metroid mod that probably isn't very good", then I saw Scooterboot behind this and I knew this was going to be good. I actually recall the 1.2 tAPI mod of this, although very vaguely. Metroid being one of my favorite (if not the favorite) of Nintendo's franchises, I'm in glee with playing this mod. I loaded myself a Metroid wave bank and did a full playthrough of this mod with vanilla, this mod's, Fargo's, and JoostMod's bosses. I really like the ruins generated. Boss fight was pretty good in there too. Leaves me with a thirst for more structures, perhaps even entire sub worlds. Exploring Dark Aether, now that would be something. Err... please don't take that as undue pressure, I know suggestions can come off like that at times. Dark Aether probably has been considered during development.

As for suggestions, maybe defeating a boss for the first time could drop missile expansions? I think the very first game did that. Well, not nearly as much given a lot more bosses in Terraria. Perhaps the metal detector could pick up Metroid goodies as well? After a lot of randomly teleporting and exploring around a small world, I managed to get about 25 or so missile expansions. I don't know if only exactly 50 generates per world. The missile expansions do give a reason to explore around where normally I don't do nearly as much after the usual mining and life crystal hunts. Perhaps there could be grapple beam upgrades, mainly for length? I find it really fun to use when I get it working well, since you can build up speed with it.

For some reason, Serris causes me to crash. I think it happens either after hitting him or when he becomes possible to hit. I'm playing on tModLoader 64 bit with 100+ mods loaded (most are pretty small stuff), so I feel posting a mod list wouldn't be helpful. I could try to narrow it down some other time, but I'm well aware just how unstable this setup can be.

I do like the Terraria infusions of Metroid items like the celestial pillar fragments. Hmm... I wonder if we're getting Solar Flare and Stardust suits at some point. Speaking of armor, the current two armor paths seem to have not much in the way of differences. Perhaps they could take on the traits of their fragments, like say, tanky Solar Flare suit, or a Stardust Metroid to help you with the Stardust suit. It's certainly a different take then making a celestial fragment exclusive just to Hunter class.

Given how there's Chozite, I wonder if there would be more non-Hunter class Metroid style items, almost like how the vanilla classes' take would be on being put into Metroid setting.

Since I dealt with the Metroid bosses the Metroid way, in latter playthroughs, I'm interested in how I'll deal with them the Terraria ways like summoner. Another time, could even do a Hunter playthrough with more mods like Thorium.

I went through the game with metroid + thorium + fargo
I had a good time, and i have no idea how i would deal with eternity mode without this mod

So, woupd now be the time to see if someone wants to try updating the super terraria map from like 1.1.2? Lol could be fun with all the stuff from this mod used. Such as the chozo

funnily enough, I kinda sprited a quick concept of that some time ago.

GodslayerMetroidconcept.png
Wow, that's pretty awesome, Samus suit versions of Terraria armors. Although I suspect stuff this will be mostly "3rd party" content, in the form of an addon mod, since there's probably plenty of other stuff this dev team wants to do.

Although I suspect stuff this will be mostly "3rd party" content, in the form of an addon mod, since there's probably plenty of other stuff this dev team wants to do.
I think Calamity content was at the end of the dev team's roadmap, alongside Thorium.

Okay. I posted an issue I had a while ago and I've since fixed it. I'll post here for the devs to see.

When you kill Plantera a Phazon Meteor is set to spawn. HOWEVER if you have a skybridge up across the top of the map but below a certain point the game is unable to spawn a phazon meteor. This makes the game start lagging CONSIDERABLY as it continues trying (and failing) to spawn one. Breaking a single gap in the skybridge will allow it to plummet as normal fixing it.

Thats odd. I had a skybridge in my 2nd playthrough and I had no lag. The meteor didnt spawn, just like the normal ones from destroying an EoW orb, but no lags for me. Maybe its a rare occasion.

PS: I couldnt resists and am on a 3rd playthrough, this time with Calamity as the only content mod. Lets see how long the Metroid items will hold out.
@Wildfire: respect. i already hate expert so i wont use the Souls mod. Expert and anything above it is just a bother, since its not about better AI or more mechanics, but instead its about "how fast can you run/fly while still hitting the boss, so that you minimize contact damage which will kill you in 3 hits". I once finished Calamity in expert an it wasnt fun having to grind masive resources for every next boss :/

edit: About the grappling hook bug: Just stand below a platform, holb UP, press jump often and latch onto the platform. Instant catapult into nothingness. i think it happens when you press jump during shoertening of the beam.

Last edited:
Bug to report:
The Chozo Ghost NPC has not spawned in my village despite text saying he has moved in twice.
I have defeated the torizo.

Bug to report:
The Chozo Ghost NPC has not spawned in my village despite text saying he has moved in twice.

have you tried assigning a room to it manually? maybe it spawned somewhere underground in a location that deemed a correct room. after assigning a room you just gotta wait until night and move out of your base for a while so the npc will move to their designated spots.

Bug to report:
There's been a bug created on the Github issues page for this already; a potential fix is being worked on:

Do you have the logs files from when this issue happens (as described in a comment with the issue)? That might help to fix the issue faster!

Edit:
If you don't feel comfortable posting the log in this thread, feel free to DM it.

There's been a bug created on the Github issues page for this already; a potential fix is being worked on:

Do you have the logs files from when this issue happens (as described in a comment with the issue)? That might help to fix the issue faster!

Edit:
If you don't feel comfortable posting the log in this thread, feel free to DM it.

Here is the exact error that appears in the log file:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MetroidMod.NPCs.Town.ChozoGhost.FindFrame(Int32 frameHeight) in MetroidMod\NPCs\Town\ChozoGhost.cs:line 284
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.FindFrame(NPC npc, Int32 frameHeight)
at Terraria.NPC.UpdateNPC(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
Here is the exact error that appears in the log file:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MetroidMod.NPCs.Town.ChozoGhost.FindFrame(Int32 frameHeight) in MetroidMod\NPCs\Town\ChozoGhost.cs:line 284
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.FindFrame(NPC npc, Int32 frameHeight)
at Terraria.NPC.UpdateNPC(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)
Excellent, got the same error log before and implemented a fix should work 👍
Note: that this fix is not online yet.

Oh dang, other people were having this thing happen? I thought it was because of one of the mods I had since the guide also wasn't respawning. Eventually, the error stopped happening after some time. While we're on this subject, is the golden torizo accessible in the current version of the mod?

Back
Top Bottom