Switch Game crashes when talking to sleeping angler

Oliverbigman

Terrarian
I play on Nintendo Switch version of terraria and when I talk to the sleeping angler, the game closes unexpectedly. I don’t do anything weird, just interacting with him is enough for the game to close.

POST UPDATE
While trying to capture footage of the game crashing, it handled me talking to the angler completely fine, and now I have no idea what is causing it

This could cause some trouble for players who went out to explore early game but got a crash instead, and it is somewhat random

I play on Nintendo Switch version of terraria and when I talk to the sleeping angler, the game closes unexpectedly. I don’t do anything weird, just interacting with him is enough for the game to close.

POST UPDATE
While trying to capture footage of the game crashing, it handled me talking to the angler completely fine, and now I have no idea what is causing it

This could cause some trouble for players who went out to explore early game but got a crash instead, and it is somewhat random
Hi @Oliverbigman, there is a known issue with crashing entering the right ocean on large expert worlds on Switch. Is that where you are crashing? The right ocean - and is it a large expert world? If so, one workaround (that works for some, but not all) is to zoom all the way out before approaching the right ocean.

DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this bug won’t be present when that releases.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

Ok, my world is large, it was the right ocean, but I wasn’t on expert mode and I never entered the ocean, I only talked to the angler

Ok, my world is large, it was the right ocean, but I wasn’t on expert mode and I never entered the ocean, I only talked to the angler
That’s close enough to the ocean area. :) Try zooming all the way out before approaching the general area of the ocean biome.

Back
Top Bottom