Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When I click play on Terraria, it opens but half the time it just closes and the other half it'll open. However, all I can see is an incredibly dark version of the title screen. I can read out relogic but I can't see anything else. After a few seconds, it just closes again. Sometimes, when the latter happens, I get an error log looking thing. I also entered "-logerrors -logfile" into the special startup options on Steam, so I have that log.
ErrorlogTerraria.JPG

Disabling and adding an exception to my AV hasn't worked, restarting my pc hasn't worked, and uninstall & reinstall hasn't worked. I also googled some solutions which didn't work either. Anyone able to help?

Attachments

• Log_20210105095559909.log
    4 KB · Views: 77
I have the exact same issue.
I played a few times (got the game yesterday) and now it just wont start. It's all pitch black.
Hopefully theres a solution for this.

When I click play on Terraria, it opens but half the time it just closes and the other half it'll open. However, all I can see is an incredibly dark version of the title screen. I can read out relogic but I can't see anything else. After a few seconds, it just closes again. Sometimes, when the latter happens, I get an error log looking thing. I also entered "-logerrors -logfile" into the special startup options on Steam, so I have that log.View attachment 303661
Disabling and adding an exception to my AV hasn't worked, restarting my pc hasn't worked, and uninstall & reinstall hasn't worked. I also googled some solutions which didn't work either. Anyone able to help?

OMG DUDE I JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO FIX THIS! (I had the same exact error)

Went to D:\Downloads\documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks
and erased everything in it.

Might be a different path. Just look for the ressourcePacks folder. It's not in the steamlibrary. it's somewhere else.

I think the initial problem was that i've put some texture pack that messed everything up.

Hope this help!

OMG DUDE I JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO FIX THIS! (I had the same exact error)

Went to D:\Downloads\documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks
and erased everything in it.

Might be a different path. Just look for the ressourcePacks folder. It's not in the steamlibrary. it's somewhere else.

I think the initial problem was that i've put some texture pack that messed everything up.

Hope this help!
That fixed it, thank you a lot! If you're using BDCraft upscale or whatever it's called, I found that you can keep it, just disable it before you exit the game. Pretty odd but I get to keep my nice textures

viaumurcandre beat me to it. :)
In case anyone comes searching the forums because Terraria is reporting a corrupt file (CRC check, invalid ZIP file, etc.) please try deleting all resource packs that are in the Terraria saves folder (typically C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks).

Back
Top Bottom