Worst Weapon or item

not exactly.The autoswing is a nice feature.Plus true melee is the only reliable way to keep bats out.

Autoswing is given for free on every melee weapon if you use a feral claws upgrade (which you should, if you’re using melee) and with Excalibur in particular it’s frustrating because you have to stop swinging if you turn the blade around.

And there are better broadswords that can knock away bats and have much better bonuses - such as Bladetongue (pre-mech), Death Sickle, or either of the True swords.

Autoswing is given for free on every melee weapon if you use a feral claws upgrade (which you should, if you’re using melee) and with Excalibur in particular it’s frustrating because you have to stop swinging if you turn the blade around.

And there are better broadswords that can knock away bats and have much better bonuses - such as Bladetongue (pre-mech), Death Sickle, or either of the True swords.
I agree,but it isn't the least useful weapon,as it still has crafting use.

When I pointed out that the wooden hammer was useful for its hammer functionality you said it should only be judged as a weapon... and here you are defending the Excalibur because its a crafting material.
ok, maybe I shouldn't have done that.
but at least as a weapon it has ok knockback and good swing speed,plus,because you can't swing the sword the other until you stop swinging,which helps when going back.

Lol, Blade Tongue is given a bad rap. I use it all the time (cuz I don't want to craft ichor flasks)! It is really good if you can use it right.

Ik but a lot of people hate it. If you are lazy (like me) use it! Honestly, I think beam swords ruin the point of the melee class. It is supposed to make you come close not stay at a distance, be extremely tanky, and have OP weapons. Try doing a true melee run. When you start hardmode. Get your hands on one.

Ik but a lot of people hate it. If you are lazy (like me) use it! Honestly, I think beam swords ruin the point of the melee class. It is supposed to make you come close not stay at a distance, be extremely tanky, and have OP weapons. Try doing a true melee run. When you start hardmode. Get your hands on one.

Terraria’s melee isn’t thematically accurate, but it’s viable. With the way terraria’s defense works it’s usually never worth it to get so close to the enemy. Melee has closer ranged options like flails with above average DPS and the high range melee options have lower DPS in general in exchange for safety.

Isn't bladetongue not true melee? Since it produces a prjectile whenever you hit an enemy? Also, if you think blade sword is bad, then look at shadowflame knife.

Fair point but I think that the beam part is a little much for a "melee class". But the blade tongue only shoots a projectile if the blade hits the enemy which to me makes a lot more sense than shooting one whenever. Plus, unlimited beams! The beams should cost mana or something. But alas, I cannot change the game. Terraria is fun and I love it but everyone has to be happy.

The worst weapons in Terraria are the ones that do all your work for you: for example, the Flairon or the Razorblade Typhoon. If you let those do all the zooming and homing and ricocheting for you, you will never get better - most likely your skills will degenerate over time.

The worst weapons in Terraria are the ones that do all your work for you: for example, the Flairon or the Razorblade Typhoon. If you let those do all the zooming and homing and ricocheting for you, you will never get better - most likely your skills will degenerate over time.

So, by this definition, summoner literally shouldn't exist, since minions and sentries do all the fighting without needing any input, and whips, despite not being auto-aim, have pretty big range and cover a wide area, a.k.a you don't even aim them, just swing in the general direction of the enemy.

You're forgetting the fact that terraria is a game. Improving skill isn't the only thing you can do. If a person wants homing weapons to carry them through hard boss fights - let them do so. Maybe they enjoy building or exploring caves more than wasting days on a boss fight that they can't win because they can't aim.

Back
Top Bottom