Worst Weapon or item

So, by this definition, summoner literally shouldn't exist, since minions and sentries do all the fighting without needing any input, and whips, despite not being auto-aim, have pretty big range and cover a wide area, a.k.a you shouldn't have to aim them.

You're forgetting rhe fact that terraria is a game. Improving skill isn't the only thing you can do. If a person wants homing weapons to carry them through hard boss fights - let them do so. Maybe they enjoy building or exploring caves more that wasting days on a boss fight that they can't beat because they can't aim.
i got that from google
HERE

lol but yah if you are struggling go ahead and use a homing weapon. But that should not stop you from trying to improve yourself.

the flying knife is useful during pirate invasions
i used it during the pirate invasion by sitting in a ditch adding a little hole in the side and killing the pirates with it but after that its useless

I wouldn’t even call Flying Knife top five pre-mech melee weapons. You got two very good yoyos between Gradient and Amarok, Chain Guillotines, Shadowflame Knife, Drippler Crippler, Ice Sickle, and then some powerful niche weapons like Bladetongue and Fetid Baghs.

But I wouldn’t call it useless either - it has a niche, and even if its damage is unimpressive at best it’s incredibly capable at wall cheesing and can pull good DPS against a single grounded target by pulling it into the ground if you for some reason needed that.

I wouldn’t even call Flying Knife top five pre-mech melee weapons. You got two very good yoyos between Gradient and Amarok, Chain Guillotines, Shadowflame Knife, Drippler Crippler, Ice Sickle, and then some powerful niche weapons like Bladetongue and Fetid Baghs.

But I wouldn’t call it useless either - it has a niche, and even if its damage is unimpressive at best it’s incredibly capable at wall cheesing and can pull good DPS against a single grounded target by pulling it into the ground if you for some reason needed that.
Here is where I would rank the pre mech melee weapons.

1. Drippler crippler
2. Yoyos
3. Flying Knife
4. Shadowflame knife
5. Ice sickle

I haven't used chain guilitenes after they got buffed, so they may be better than I remember.
From my expeirence with the bladetounge its pretty underwhelming, I've heard people say its good for destroyer but a million things are good against destroyer.
Outside of that plantera cheese fetid bangheds are extremely impractical. Not even sure if they can do that after their nerf.

Outside of that plantera cheese fetid bangheds are extremely impractical. Not even sure if they can do that after their nerf.

If combined with the Titan Glove or any upgrade for knockback (something you should have), Fetid Baghnakhs can be used quite well to mow through enemies without having to pay so much attention to spacing, because you deal the perfect amount of knockback to keep almost anything either in the blades or just outside of them. Many enemies will get torn apart by running in their direction while swinging the claws, and although you would never even think about using it for bosses in any situation (even Plantera) it definitely still holds its own against common enemies.

That might just be a close ranged shredder bias kicking in however, because I hold the same opinion for Psycho Knife, and for Starlight even though it was actually buffed because people considered it too weak.

From my expeirence with the bladetounge its pretty underwhelming, I've heard people say its good for destroyer but a million things are good against destroyer.

Yeah, I’d never use it on Destroyer. Sounds like a great way to get one shot by his 400 damage head, and there’s no way to dodge the lasers. Besides, Deatroyer is Drippler Crippler’s job.

However, its by far the most valuable melee weapon for invasions up until Death Sickle, since invasions are one of the only good times to use a broadsword and you smear the crowd with a jet of piercing ichor with every hit.

I haven't used chain guilitenes after they got buffed, so they may be better than I remember.

Buff was pretty significant. It pulls more DPS than most other melee weapons of its tier. Its range and knockback make it pretty hard to use against many enemies, but it reaches much farther if you’re moving in the opposite direction you aim, which makes it great for chasers like the Twins, Duke Fishron if you choose to do him early, or Prime during his spin attack.

I’ll keep Flying Knife in mind as an option for the future, it does seem more popular than I give it credit for, but I absolutely don’t see myself using it over Shadowflame Knives for the mechs.

Last edited:
1. Drippler crippler
2. Yoyos
3. Flying Knife
4. Shadowflame knife
5. Ice sickle
I would personally replace the Flying Knife with the Dart Weapons from the World Evil Mimics.

As for my Worst Weapon: The Wooden Yoyo. Since it requires Cobwebs, you usually get Golden Chests before you get enough Cobwebs to Yoyo. Not to mention that the Wooden Bow is useful in most of the situations a Yoyo is, and combined with the Frostburn arrows you can craft within the first couple of days, I never really have a use for the Wooden Yoyo.

Back
Top Bottom