Map-Survival Skyblock (Vanilla)

A bunch more screenies, mainly the Rod of Discord farm.

Starting off with farming fangs for the spider set, an essential part of my Rod of Discord farm.
Yoyo bag + Gradient courtesy of the skeleton merchant in my gem tree farm(well most of it at least, I had to craft the string obviously, then combine the parts into the bag)
View attachment 285321

Now for some AFK Rod of Discord farming! With spider staff and spider armor, I have what I need.
Here it is in action, note the chaos elementals can spawn outside of the hallow if theres pearlstone present(same with enchanted swords), ebonstone is used to make the farm a neutral area in order to stop biome mimics.
The slime mount in water tricks the game into thinking I am not idle, preventing the mechanic where it stops their spawns if I was "idle".
View attachment 285322

Had a blood moon happen, even more spawns! For a time.
View attachment 285323

Since all I was doing in this farm was sitting in one spot waiting for drops I checked my map out of curiosity. Turns out one of the jungle spots I made worked! Theres chlorophyte! Can't wait to mine that up and make a farm with it! >.<
View attachment 285324

Well theres one item from this farm. Blade Staff!
View attachment 285325

Diggers were becoming a problem, I didn't realise that they're dirty cheaters when offscreen, digging through air when I'm not looking, so I had to set up a means to dispose of them, as they were hogging up spawn slots. That's when I got the idea to try boulder statues.

View attachment 285326

It worked to a degree, but I felt they needed to die a little faster, so I set up more on a seperate timer. (More frequent boulder dropping)
View attachment 285327
Hopefully that'll help clear out the rather annoying diggers. But that's all I got for now! Now it's time to sit here and patiently wait for a rod of discord to drop! My minions will keep the enchanted swords away while the chaos elementals won't teleport onto lava, meaning they'll just run amongst the top area. The lava above as I said before is to pick off bats that would otherwise hog up spawn slots.

EDIT: It has been acquired, Rod of Discord get!
View attachment 285328
View attachment 285329
Took a few hours of AFKing but RNG finally gave it up. :p

I was unaware that you could cancel biome mimic spawns that way. You learn something new every day. :)

Some more screenies.

Starting this off with a lucky nimbus rod drop!
20200731042438_1.jpg

I did a lot of uneventful stuff after that, made more dirt, proceeded to make a crimson and hallowed biome. Moved NPCs to hallowed biome and made fishing spots.
20200731062940_1.jpg

Then of course, some hardmode fishing, fishing in the underground for specular fish alongside the desired crates.
20200731071638_1.jpg

Then I decided to move over to the hallowed pond after I had enough specular fish, ended up fishing alot of prismites in addition to divine crates and the other HM crates, but then I realized I can't make lifeforce potions in this map due to ye olde shiverthorn. Big oof.
20200731072124_1.jpg

Heres all the hardmode ores and bars I've obtained so far, managed to get an adamantite forge and an orichalcum anvil, but I'll need to do more fishing before I can get some better equipment.
20200731074104_1.jpg

I'm also hoping between having my corruption and crimson biomes that I'll eventually get deathweed, and with deathweed I'll start getting wrath potions and rage potions made.
That's all for now, I'll likely continue tomorrow.

A bunch more screenies, mainly the Rod of Discord farm.

Starting off with farming fangs for the spider set, an essential part of my Rod of Discord farm.
Yoyo bag + Gradient courtesy of the skeleton merchant in my gem tree farm(well most of it at least, I had to craft the string obviously, then combine the parts into the bag)
View attachment 285321

Now for some AFK Rod of Discord farming! With spider staff and spider armor, I have what I need.
Here it is in action, note the chaos elementals can spawn outside of the hallow if theres pearlstone present(same with enchanted swords), ebonstone is used to make the farm a neutral area in order to stop biome mimics.
The slime mount in water tricks the game into thinking I am not idle, preventing the mechanic where it stops their spawns if I was "idle".
View attachment 285322

Had a blood moon happen, even more spawns! For a time.
View attachment 285323

Since all I was doing in this farm was sitting in one spot waiting for drops I checked my map out of curiosity. Turns out one of the jungle spots I made worked! Theres chlorophyte! Can't wait to mine that up and make a farm with it! >.<
View attachment 285324

Well theres one item from this farm. Blade Staff!
View attachment 285325

Diggers were becoming a problem, I didn't realise that they're dirty cheaters when offscreen, digging through air when I'm not looking, so I had to set up a means to dispose of them, as they were hogging up spawn slots. That's when I got the idea to try boulder statues.

View attachment 285326

It worked to a degree, but I felt they needed to die a little faster, so I set up more on a seperate timer. (More frequent boulder dropping)
View attachment 285327
Hopefully that'll help clear out the rather annoying diggers. But that's all I got for now! Now it's time to sit here and patiently wait for a rod of discord to drop! My minions will keep the enchanted swords away while the chaos elementals won't teleport onto lava, meaning they'll just run amongst the top area. The lava above as I said before is to pick off bats that would otherwise hog up spawn slots.

EDIT: It has been acquired, Rod of Discord get!
View attachment 285328
View attachment 285329
Took a few hours of AFKing but RNG finally gave it up. :p
I really think you should make a YouTube channel for this, would like to see it.

Sorry, not going to happen. I used to have one many years back then proceeded to delete it, I can't stand youtube. I really do not wish to go back to video making.
That’s fine I was just saying, how interesting I find your journey..... maybe you should put it together and put it in your sign if you want, I’m just glad to be a “part” of your journey

Check the Jungle Island. ;)
Edit: sorry about that I accidentally pressed post, I’ll be editing later so you know this was an accident
Another edit: what do you mean? I have been there for a while, I have the honey but..... I even went down to the temple... nothing there there was only a chest with a bucket of honey? Did I miss an update to this?

You know I went ahead and moved my skyblock world over to Mobil and did it a little bit.. the experience I still feel meh in this because I’ve lost interest with how hard it is for me lol

Some more screenies.

Starting this off with a lucky nimbus rod drop!View attachment 285341

I did a lot of uneventful stuff after that, made more dirt, proceeded to make a crimson and hallowed biome. Moved NPCs to hallowed biome and made fishing spots.
View attachment 285342

Then of course, some hardmode fishing, fishing in the underground for specular fish alongside the desired crates.
View attachment 285343

Then I decided to move over to the hallowed pond after I had enough specular fish, ended up fishing alot of prismites in addition to divine crates and the other HM crates, but then I realized I can't make lifeforce potions in this map due to ye olde shiverthorn. Big oof.
View attachment 285344

Heres all the hardmode ores and bars I've obtained so far, managed to get an adamantite forge and an orichalcum anvil, but I'll need to do more fishing before I can get some better equipment.
View attachment 285345
I'm also hoping between having my corruption and crimson biomes that I'll eventually get deathweed, and with deathweed I'll start getting wrath potions and rage potions made.
That's all for now, I'll likely continue tomorrow.
What now?
what's next in progression?

NICE!(I want to repost so this is newer so here is the nice again!)
… I decided to torture myself…. I went from my journey mode skyblock which I just beat skely boi, (it was on master mode) to torture myself with expert mode on a classic character…..
I’m gonna do a trailer video for the first episode.
I guess if I reboot 1 more time after this I am actually Spider-Man

Back
Top Bottom