Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I can't capture a normal background in the hallow. it appears to be locked at a certain elevation and then it wraps around to open sky underneath. Neither turning off image packing, nor forcing a hallow background in camera settings changes anything.

Capture 2021-01-08 13_59_37.png

4760-606.png

What is your UI scale setting? There is a known issue where the UI scale can cause backgrounds to be off-centre if it's not set to 100%. This can cause the sky to show through, as is happening for you. If your UI scale is set to 100%, please let me know and I'll investigate this further.

damn i was really hoping it was that. it was set to 110%, i changed it to 100% and no change, the cutoff happens at the same place.

I tried to reproduce this, but no luck unfortunately.
Capture 2021-01-11 18_55_25.png
Comparing my snapshot to yours, it looks like the underground background is not showing in your snapshot. Are you near surface level by any chance?

I tried to reproduce this, but no luck unfortunately.
View attachment 304248
Comparing my snapshot to yours, it looks like the underground background is not showing in your snapshot. Are you near surface level by any chance?

yes, the bottom of the build is at about 5' surface and top is about 315' surface

Edit: bottom being a few blocks below the water

Last edited:
Could you please upload your world? You can attach it to a post in the thread. If the forums says the file is too big / not allowed, you can put it in a ZIP file. If the issue can be reproduced in your world, I can report it and it will assist the devs with a fix. Thanks!

Could you please upload your world? You can attach it to a post in the thread. If the forums says the file is too big / not allowed, you can put it in a ZIP file. If the issue can be reproduced in your world, I can report it and it will assist the devs with a fix. Thanks!

here it is, the build is in the west third of the map

Attachments

• Strangeland.wld
    11.3 MB · Views: 71
It's been a while sorry. I hadn't forgotten about this, but I hadn't had a chance to look at it either.

I was able to reproduce this issue and it has been reported to the developers for investigation.

I did some further testing and it only seems to affect snapshots that are long vertically. I was able to reproduce the issue in another area of your world (the Jungle) and saw part of the background was cut off. Strangely even with this information, I could not reproduce it on another world, making me wonder if it was something in particular about this world with problems.
As a workaround, you could try shrinking the snapshots so they are not as tall. Multiple snapshots could be aligned together in an image editing program. In-game screenshot functionality also worked as expected if you want screenshots without the UI/HUD in the way.

I also really liked your buildings! I can only dream of making something that looks so nice!

Back
Top Bottom