Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Essentially I made 2 worlds a corruption and crimson, the crimson world is my main world, and corruption world is just for stuff exclusive to corrupt worlds, the bug is that I can't spawn a corrupt mimic in my corruption world, but i can spawn a crimson mimic in my crimson world, both worlds are expert, and I have autopause off. Both worlds are in hardmode, I have tried to do it in multiplayer but it still doesnt work. Here is a link to a video of me trying to spawn a corrupt mimic in my corrupt world: Untitled: Jan 10, 2021 8:18 PM.webm

Could you please attach a copy of your world file to your post? (If you get an error from the forums, you can put the world in a ZIP file.)

There are some safeguards to stop accidental Mimic spawning, but it doesn't look like any of those apply. I quickly tried an Expert Corruption world (even near NPCs, with an Ivy Chest and smart cursor) and the chest transformed into a Corruption Mimic. It would be good to get the world file to see if the issue is reproducible.

Could you please attach a copy of your world file to your post? (If you get an error from the forums, you can put the world in a ZIP file.)

There are some safeguards to stop accidental Mimic spawning, but it doesn't look like any of those apply. I quickly tried an Expert Corruption world (even near NPCs, with an Ivy Chest and smart cursor) and the chest transformed into a Corruption Mimic. It would be good to get the world file to see if the issue is reproducible.

So I just realized that I'm kind of stupid, I remember that I made a second corruption world after I entered hardmode so I could break a lot of altars so I wouldn't have to risk spreading too much crimson in my world, so the other corruption world, wasn't in hardmode only the world I used to break altars, so I just completely forgot that these were 2 different worlds, and went into the non hardmode corruption world, and thought it was in hardmode. Sorry for making you go through all of that trouble to help me, and thank you for helping. I'm just really dumb.

Back
Top Bottom