I need help with fighting my first mech boss

ConfusionGod

Official Terrarian
I am currently in my first ever expert mode play through for terraria, but in every play through, I always struggle against my first mech boss, and now I'm in expert mode, I am a mage, but I'm fine if I need to temporarily switch class for my first mech boss fight. I would just like to know, which boss I should try to fight first, and how I should approach the fight (potions, and strategies.) I do have a mine cart track which spans through the whole world, if that would help with any boss fight, here is a picture of the gear I currently have:
Capture help.PNGI have weapons from some other classes because you never know when they can come in handy.

Not sure if you still are in need of the help, but in case anyone else sees this: Typically the Twins or Skeletron Prime are the easiest first mech. Gravitation potion-ing around the map with your best ranged/mage weapons is typically all you'll need for the Twins. Skeletron Prime has more or less the same AI as Skeletron, so dodging is pretty easy as long as you focus the laser in the first part of the fight -- stick to crystal bullets for higher dps (or swtich between ichor and other forms of attack to have similar dps). Also, if you have palladium armor, the regeneration buff you get from it is typically better than the damage/defense from other armor sets pre-mech, so it's worth a try.

I'd recommend twins.they are the easiest and they get clapped by any pre-mech post wof weapon you have.I recommend crystal seprent and titanium if you can afford it.Adamantite is also good enough.

all of you thank you for the help I can't thank you enough, I ended up using titanium armour, golden shower and sky fracture, gravitation potions and look at this: Capture heart.PNG I beat it with about 20 seconds left until day, my heart was beating....

all of you thank you for the help I can't thank you enough, I ended up using titanium armour, golden shower and sky fracture, gravitation potions and look at this: View attachment 304340 I beat it with about 20 seconds left until day, my heart was beating....
Same experience I had.Skeletron prime defeated and not less than 10 seconds till day.

Then it became a solar eclipse -_-

Not sure if you still are in need of the help, but in case anyone else sees this: Typically the Twins or Skeletron Prime are the easiest first mech. Gravitation potion-ing around the map with your best ranged/mage weapons is typically all you'll need for the Twins. Skeletron Prime has more or less the same AI as Skeletron, so dodging is pretty easy as long as you focus the laser in the first part of the fight -- stick to crystal bullets for higher dps (or swtich between ichor and other forms of attack to have similar dps). Also, if you have palladium armor, the regeneration buff you get from it is typically better than the damage/defense from other armor sets pre-mech, so it's worth a try.
Nah, Stick with ichor
I'd recommend twins.they are the easiest and they get clapped by any pre-mech post wof weapon you have.I recommend crystal seprent and titanium if you can afford it.Adamantite is also good enough.

I don't know if I'm asking for too much since you guys helped me beat the twins and skeletron prime, but I am really struggling with destroyer so if you guys have any tips for the fight could you tell me? I have rainbow rod, magic harp, and meteor staff as added magic weapons from before, also now I have hallowed armour. Either way thank you for all the help you guys have given me so far.

What I’ve seen others do is get down where the destroyer is coming out of the ground and fire their Golden Shower through them, hitting a bunch of segments. But since you have a Magical Harp, use that.
Or, use the almost traditional method of the Daedalus Stormbow

Back
Top Bottom