tModLoader Metroid Mod

congrats on the release scooterboot and co

formalities out of the way

anyone made a list of items you can find vs items you have to make?
i still have yet to find a plasma beam

Last edited:

If you mean from statues? You can find all V1 weapons, hi-jump, spider ball, bombs, morph ball, x-ray visor. At least those are the ones I've found.

i guess plasma is just super rare
found plenty of waves and bombs

are there any missile upgrades just hanging out on statues?

Use the recipe mod and you can see exactly which items are obtainable through crafting. I'm not sure if it shows which ones are available as world spawns (I don't think so) but it is safe to assume any without recipes are only available through world drops. Plasma beam may also only spawn in hard mode but I'm not really sure. Maybe even only after plantera/golem or the mechanical bosses? It would be nice to have some clarification on this, for sure.

I had an idea in mind for the PED Suit and what it's recipe could be. A Federation Soldier NPC could spawn in after the Phazon meteor spawns or something else, and sell a Federation Trooper armor that can be used on it's own, or combined with the Varia Armor V2, Phazon Bars and Pure Phazon to create the PED Suit. I'm not sure what could be done for the Hazard PED Suit, though,

I had an idea in mind for the PED Suit and what it's recipe could be. A Federation Soldier NPC could spawn in after the Phazon meteor spawns or something else, and sell a Federation Trooper armor that can be used on it's own, or combined with the Varia Armor V2, Phazon Bars and Pure Phazon to create the PED Suit. I'm not sure what could be done for the Hazard PED Suit, though,
needs to be something pirate related to keep with the games canon

Hey, scooter, great mod, loving what there already is. I am having an issue, though. When fighting it in Multiplayer, Serris will freeze two of the three players and crash their games, and the third one may or may not get a crash later. We've had no problems up to Serris.

If i remember correctly, you get the P.E.D suit after being infected by dark samus with phazon. So i see you getting the P.E.D suit either directly from her, or indirectly from her

Hey, scooter, great mod, loving what there already is. I am having an issue, though. When fighting it in Multiplayer, Serris will freeze two of the three players and crash their games, and the third one may or may not get a crash later. We've had no problems up to Serris.
Yeah, many others have reported crashes/issues with Serris. It's on my list of things to fix.

Edit:

Defeat Kraid. He'll drop an "Unknown Item" which is a material for the Plasma Beam.

Yeah, many others have reported crashes/issues with Serris. It's on my list of things to fix.
That's great! Not great that Serris is crashing a seemingly wide range of people, but great that this has been reported on quite a bit. Which proves this is likely not just a tModLoader 64 bit specific issue, which would make it a lot easier to fix than something odd happening on their end. This would mean sooner being able to actually fight the boss instead of cheating in its treasure bag.

could i suggest something about seekers?
i find it a pain in the butt to target everything i want to shoot with it individually
would it be to op to have it auto target the nearest 5 enemies like how it does in other m? (as in how it works for seeker door locks)
either within a range from the player or just the whole screen

another option could be to increase the radius around enemies to make them easier to target

i just find myself getting hit by the time i pull out the missile launcher
locate where my mouse is and drag it over whats about to kill me

could i suggest something about seekers?
i find it a pain in the butt to target everything i want to shoot with it individually
would it be to op to have it auto target the nearest 5 enemies like how it does in other m? (as in how it works for seeker door locks)
either within a range from the player or just the whole screen

another option could be to increase the radius around enemies to make them easier to target

i just find myself getting hit by the time i pull out the missile launcher
locate where my mouse is and drag it over whats about to kill me
I've actually been thinking about that every once in awhile. After my recent replay of Prime 3, I noticed how locking on with seekers happens over a wider radius in that game. So I'll see about giving seekers in this mod a similar treatment. I may also toy around with the Other M behavior as well.

Good day and thank you so very much for creating such an amazing-looking gem of a mod. :)

I seem to have come across an issue. Please note I use tMod Loader 64 bits, which you mentioned might cause crashes, along with a lot of other mods, but I noticed how nobody else in these pages seems to have mentioned coming across the same problem I seem to be having despite them mentioning doing the same. My mod setup has been perfectly stable with no lag, crash, or any other issues other than this so far.

At any rate, every single time I try equipping the Morph Ball Bombs in its dedicated inventory slot, the game consistently and inevitably crashes. Whatever is causing this seems to be directly related to this simple act of equipping it, because nothing else I do with it - store it away, sell it, put it in my inventory - causes a crash, only equipping it. Which is a shame, because so far everything else works like a charm (Morph ball form is a LOT of fun to move around with, by the way.

Here's my crash report if it helps. I'm using a large world, and I do have several pretty huge mods including Calamity, Thorium and Overhaul, but again, so far nothing I do caused any crash, so I don't know if that is actually an issue here.

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix)
at DMD<Terraria.Main::DoDraw>(Main , GameTime )
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

Anybody else has encountered this problem? Any ideas how to fix it, other than the obvious 'use fewer mods' (which I obviously would like to avoid if there is another way to solve this, lol)?

Good day and thank you so very much for creating such an amazing-looking gem of a mod. :)

I seem to have come across an issue. Please note I use tMod Loader 64 bits, which you mentioned might cause crashes, along with a lot of other mods, but I noticed how nobody else in these pages seems to have mentioned coming across the same problem I seem to be having despite them mentioning doing the same. My mod setup has been perfectly stable with no lag, crash, or any other issues other than this so far.

At any rate, every single time I try equipping the Morph Ball Bombs in its dedicated inventory slot, the game consistently and inevitably crashes. Whatever is causing this seems to be directly related to this simple act of equipping it, because nothing else I do with it - store it away, sell it, put it in my inventory - causes a crash, only equipping it. Which is a shame, because so far everything else works like a charm (Morph ball form is a LOT of fun to move around with, by the way.

Here's my crash report if it helps. I'm using a large world, and I do have several pretty huge mods including Calamity, Thorium and Overhaul, but again, so far nothing I do caused any crash, so I don't know if that is actually an issue here.

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix)

Anybody else has encountered this problem? Any ideas how to fix it, other than the obvious 'use fewer mods' (which I obviously would like to avoid if there is another way to solve this, lol)?
Strange. That crash log doesn't seem to suggest it's a problem with any particular mod, but rather it suggests an error with the game system itself. If the crash is caused by a specific mod, it sure as heck isn't obvious as to which mod is the problem. The only likely causes that come to mind are either TML64 or Overhaul, though I could be wrong.

Does this only happen with Morph Ball Bombs? Have you tried other Morph Ball addons, or even Power Beam or Missile Launcher addons?

Post the full client.log, the error by itself is inconclusive

Hey, scooter, I'm stopping by again to drop some more bugs. Most of the bosses have issues in multiplayer. You already know about Serris crashing people, but Omega Pirate has visual glitches, Kraid wouldn't open his mouth for anyone, and Golden Torizo's head disappeared, so he was invincible.

On a separate note, some of the missile combos, like Wavebuster and Nova Beam also do not visually show up on anyone else's screen apart from the person using it.

Hey, scooter, I'm stopping by again to drop some more bugs. Most of the bosses have issues in multiplayer. You already know about Serris crashing people, but Omega Pirate has visual glitches, Kraid wouldn't open his mouth for anyone, and Golden Torizo's head disappeared, so he was invincible.

On a separate note, some of the missile combos, like Wavebuster and Nova Beam also do not visually show up on anyone else's screen apart from the person using it.
Also serris disappears when he goes off the world in 32 bit, as well as sometimes only his head spawns

Back
Top Bottom