I need help with fighting my first mech boss

oh thats what i did with mana regen and magic power potion and i took it down in seconds on master mode

I don't know if I'm asking for too much since you guys helped me beat the twins and skeletron prime, but I am really struggling with destroyer so if you guys have any tips for the fight could you tell me? I have rainbow rod, magic harp, and meteor staff as added magic weapons from before, also now I have hallowed armour. Either way thank you for all the help you guys have given me so far.
The destroyer is always hard, especially if you're like me and play classes/accessories with low Defense. The most consistent way I can find to kill him (in Master mode, at least) is to build a small box a decent way away from structure (as he can climb vertical walls/stray blocks) but below space (wyverns = no fun in a boss fight). You should be able to comfortably jump for height and strafe left/right about 20 blocks. With a couple 2-4 block platforms in the bottom of the solid box (in the corners is your best bet) rain down fire and when he unleashes 300 probes at you, take a break and focus them down, using the box for safety from the lasers and dodging them as they charge you. Then alternate shooting destoyer/probes. If you're still struggling, build a respawn point in/on top of the box and a nurse housing. Nimbus rod, summons, golden shower (for debuffing) and anything that pierces (or shatters) is your best bet. High-cost mana weapons are not your friend, especially not in boss fights. Harp's bouncing is not bad, especially if you aim down at a slight angle.

tl;dr: Build a box; alternate attacking destroyer and his probes; use piercing weapons.

The destroyer is always hard, especially if you're like me and play classes/accessories with low Defense. The most consistent way I can find to kill him (in Master mode, at least) is to build a small box a decent way away from structure (as he can climb vertical walls/stray blocks) but below space (wyverns = no fun in a boss fight). You should be able to comfortably jump for height and strafe left/right about 20 blocks. With a couple 2-4 block platforms in the bottom of the solid box (in the corners is your best bet) rain down fire and when he unleashes 300 probes at you, take a break and focus them down, using the box for safety from the lasers and dodging them as they charge you. Then alternate shooting destoyer/probes. If you're still struggling, build a respawn point in/on top of the box and a nurse housing. Nimbus rod, summons, golden shower (for debuffing) and anything that pierces (or shatters) is your best bet. High-cost mana weapons are not your friend, especially not in boss fights. Harp's bouncing is not bad, especially if you aim down at a slight angle.

tl;dr: Build a box; alternate attacking destroyer and his probes; use piercing weapons.
oh thats what i did with mana regen and magic power potion and i took it down in seconds on master mode
it 's not the fire rate,it's too fast for mana
Huh
Then nvm

Thanks for the help everyone, I finally beat destroyer after many tries, I guess my question is finally resolved... Even tho I don't actually know how to set posts as resolved lmao.

If you struggle with any other bosses and you get desperate the terraria wiki guide section on each boss can help.

Back
Top Bottom