Biomes & Nature Amber Caves (The Dinosaur Cave)

Do you want to hunt dinosaurs in the amber cave biome

• Ugh (Yes)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Ough (No)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gusteen

Terrarian
So I read and digged though the terraria wiki, and their is one think I thought would be pretty obvious to add as a biome/sub biome, but that's not all bad as it let's me picture what said biome looks like

Amber Caves Sub Biome
Amber Caves are a type of Sub Biome that consist mostly of amber blocks and fossilized grass, the defining aspect of the Amber Cave Biome is that the main enemies are various varieties of dinosaurs depending on what type of Amber Cave they spawn in

Every new world will spawn a certain amount of amber caves, their are 3 main types

Amber Jungles
Two special chambers (3 in medium worlds, 4 in large worlds) get spawned in the underground jungle usually in the outer area

Amber Caverns
These spawn in the middle of the cavern layer (3 chambers in small worlds, 4 in medium worlds, and 6 in large worlxs)

Amber Seabed
One chamber spawns in pits located nearby the beach biome, one chamber spawns per side

Amber Caves are made out of fossilized soil and amber ore, their is also a new liqued unique to these biomes called molten amber which when exited slow you down and cripple your jumps, this is called the Amberised debuff

Enemies

In all amber caves

Velociraptor
They are the weakest enemies in the biome, but their fast and come in packs

Triceratops
Tanky and likes to charge, there slow however and predictable

Pterodactyl
They are the main flying enemies and will try to swoop at you

Zombie Caveman
They are immune to amber, they have decent hp, and drop a club

T rex (hardmode)
They have lots of health, do high damage, and decent jumping abilities, but are very rare

Amber Jungle Esclusive
Oviraptor
They have a nest of fossilized eggs, they are are neutral unless you mine these fossilized eggs, they they attack with speed and decent hp

Stegosaurus
They walk aimlessly but there plates can hurt a lot

Amber Cavern
Trodon
They are quite smart, they only attack in mobs when you kill other dinosaurs

Giant Sloth
They are quite tanky but very docile

Amber Seabed
Plesiosaur
They dwell on the surface of water and amber and are docile, they can be ridden as platforms

Ceolocath
Water enemeis that act as bigger Pirhana

Do you like this idea, if so give more suggestions or some questions? :) :) :)

This is actually an interesting idea, I wonder if Compsognathus will also be a thing? They could spawn in groups and swarm you, similar to a slime rain, but without the slimes and hopefully not the rain.

This is actually an interesting idea, I wonder if Compsognathus will also be a thing? They could spawn in groups and swarm you, similar to a slime rain, but without the slimes and hopefully not the rain.
You mainly mine fossilized wood (amber cavern) fossilized eggs (amber jungle) and fossilized shells (amber seabed) which you craft into fossilized armor, these are good early hardmode armors and focuses on defense and exchanges attack speed for high power

Don’t forget, you can always use the edit button:

7171A84F-F776-41AC-AC13-6530F60B07BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom