Full Game Accessory Tier List

What rank should the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Stinger Necklace be at?

• B rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C rank

• D rank

• F rank

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been doing some tests against the twins and skeletron prime, I've found that the celestial cuffs and the mana cloak(basically a mana flower) perform roughly equally well.

However they both performed notably worse when that accessory slot was used for the putrid scent instead.

I've finished all of the pre-mech boss accessories! Does anyone have any feedback?
Mana cloak should have a lower rank than the putrid scent, from my testing the mana cloak performed notabley worse than when that slot was instead used for the putrid scent. Also If you're running for your life you won't be picking up those stars.

Magnet flower is much more useful than the mana cloak since the celestial magnet is the best mana economy accesory, and its obtainable pre hardmode.

Arcane flower should be dropped to C, If the mana cloak lost to the putrid scent then this thing of obviously does also, you can't even argue for its aggro reducing effect.

Cross necklace should be dropped to B tier, Most of the time its not that useful, star cloak should be dropped to C, its just fancier thorns and thorns is pretty bad. Star veil should also be dropped to B tier.

Obsidian shield should be dropped to A, its useful for Wof and not much else, Ankh shield can't even say that because its hardmode so B.

Pocket mirror can go to F tier, Only 1 rare enemy from a rare biome drops it and all it does is help againt that 1 enemy. It can't even be crafted into anything.

Mana Cloak really is overrated. Star damage itself sucks unless you cheat using self-inflicted damage or statue enemies, and they’re basically impossible to aim because they fall on you. The mana you get back is much lower than from Celestial Cuffs in almost every situation, not mentioning the fact that you have to go chase after the star, and you can’t retrieve the star in airborne battles, *and* it has a 1 second cooldown.

I’d put it in C, same with arcane flower. It’s really a waste to craft either of those when magnet flower exists; which in my opinion is one of the more useful mage accessories and should be A.

And I’d make the argument that Philosopher’s Stone and Charm of Myths should be S. In singleplayer with autopause on, and even in multiplayer if you’re running a low aggro build, you basically get 25% less potion cooldowns for free because there’s no consequence to just swapping it right on mid battle to heal.

Everything else looks good on first glance.

1610481624148.png
Titan Glove
Doubles melee knockback and increases melee weapon size by 10%

One last thing. I’d move this to D, Power Glove to B and the Mechanical Glove and Fire Gauntlet when you get to them can be A.

The reason why is, that as I played with melee a lot more recently, I found that the stupid amount of extra knockback on melee weapons is bad more often than good. There are some very specific situations in which you’d actually want it, such as with Fetid Baghnakhs, but nine times out of ten knocking enemies out of melee’s already short attack range is the *opposite* of what you want to do, and makes it actually somewhat more difficult to handle shooting enemies or to deal consistent damage. It’s especially problematic with the Death Sickle, which profits by stacking damage on an enemy but just ends up pushing them out of its own range with doubled knockback.

I’ll always still use the Mechanical Glove/Fire Gauntlet for the plethora of other, actually useful boosts that they offer, so they still deserve A tier, but the knockback definitely brings the Titan and Power Glove down. I actually skip Power Glove myself - its a downgrade from Feral Claws for melee and offers nothing new over them for summoners.

The Star Cloak is not "fancier thorns"! Watch this video.

1.4.1.2 limited stars to enemy damage, I believe. You could use statue mobs, but it’d spawn less stars because the enemies would die slightly faster than they spawn, and you can take damage straight from bosses but couldn’t move around with this strat.

Considering that it’s only helpful for extra damage during facetank builds (usually not viable) and pretty bad anywhere else, C is fine

1.4.1.2 limited stars to enemy damage, I believe. You could use statue mobs, but it’d spawn less stars because the enemies would die slightly faster than they spawn, and you can take damage straight from bosses but couldn’t move around with this strat.

Considering that it’s only helpful for extra damage during facetank builds (usually not viable) and pretty bad anywhere else, C is fine
It's actually possible to use Exploding Bullets (which damage the player) combined with something like a Damaged Minishark to spawn stars even after 1.4.1.2, according to the wiki, by aiming at your feet.

Should I put the Shrimpy Truffle and the Fishron Wings in the pre-mech section or the pre-Lunatic Cultist section? Most people fight him post-Plantera, but you can still get his drops before the mech bosses.

Place them pre-cultist, same with Empress and Betsiy Wings.

Also, shrimpy truffle is a mount and shouldn’t be counted unless you add in every other mount.

neptunes shell B->D seriosously, when do you need this? Its effects can be replaced with cheap potions. At least it can be used to upgrade the celstial stone.
Moon shell B->C Moon charm + useless accesory is still just a moon charm.
Moon stone B->S sure its bonuses only work at night but those bonuses are insane basically an avenger emblem + Band of regen + Feral claw
Sun Stone B->S see moon stone.

Tabi S->A, it's still useful however shield of cthulu is arguably better since you can dodge attacks by bouncing off of things, for example in the duke fishron fight you can bounce off duke fishron's 3rd phase charges to avoid getting hit.
There's also hoverboard and betsy wings which have such high horizontal acceleration that they make dashes redundant, especially once you get infinite flight.

Tabi S->A, it's still useful however shield of cthulu is arguably better since you can dodge attacks by bouncing off of things, for example in the duke fishron fight you can bounce off duke fishron's 3rd phase charges to avoid getting hit.
There's also hoverboard and betsy wings which have such high horizontal acceleration that they make dashes redundant, especially once you get infinite flight.
But don't forget that the Shield of Cthulhu is exclusive to Expert and Master mode, so the Tabi is the only dash accessory in Normal mode.

But don't forget that the Shield of Cthulhu is exclusive to Expert and Master mode, so the Tabi is the only dash accessory in Normal mode.

That, and Tabi a) has a much higher dash distance than Shield which in my opinion makes it better than shield, although that part is largely subjective and b) doesn’t sacrifice all vertical speed to use unlike hoverboards. I think S is fine.

Shield of Cthulhu's ability to damage and bounce off an enemy is a double-edged sword. There are many cases where I tried to shield-dash away from a nasty situation, only to smack right into something else (like Prime Vice or Plantera's Tentacle) and lose my momentum. As good as the shield is, I don't see myself using it after Tabi becomes available. Heck, I could even ditch it in early Hardmode and use Crystal Assassin all the way up to Plantera.

Seeing how the list is pretty much almost done, I went back through and came up with a few more suggestions to help finish up.

-Flying Carpet: B -> A
The Flying Carpet is a lot more useful than people like to give it credit for, probably because it’s competing with the Sandstorm. However for the stage of the game you get it at, it’s probably one of the more useful accessories: fast(er) world travel, the ability to glide over enemies or threats, more reliable fall damage blocking than any alternatives.

-Fart in a Jar: S -> A /or/ Sandstorm in a Bottle: A -> S
Giving it the same treatment as Sandstorm, it’s a bit too rare to be practical. Yeah you technically get the Fart eventually, but have you ever tried actually farming worms early game? It’s more practical to just... find a damn Blizzard. Either it should be cut down to A, or Sandstorm brought up to S (preferably the second, as Fart and Sandstorm have a pretty big advantage over the other bottles).

-Jellyfish Necklace: F -> D
It’s not good, but it’s not completely useless. 1.4.1 made it emit an (admittedly small) amount of light, so if you chance upon it early enough you can use it to make your life marginally easier in caves without wasting a helmet slot. It can also help explore the oceans and any ocean tunnels, however small a niche that may be.

-Sweetheart Necklace D -> C
Panic and Honeycomb are C, which is reasonable for their strength, and it’s not any harder to make the sweetheart necklace than the honeycomb considering that the panic necklace is incredibly easy to get.

-Philosopher’s Stone/Charm of Myths: AB -> S
I think I said this already, and I don’t know if it counts, but these are literally free to use on singleplayer, resulting in 25% less potion cooldown basically whenever. Just make sure you have Autopause on before bosses.

-Frozen Shield A -> S
I stand by the opinion that this is the only knockback immunity item worth S tier. This is the point of the game where knockback becomes more important, as you need swift and uninterrupted movement during this stage, and the Frozen Turtle Shell effect is so powerful on its own that it gives a massive boost to how good the shield is.

-Diving Helmet and all further tinkers: CB -> F
Unlike Jellyfish Necklace which you can get sometimes by being in a cave, these require you to venture over to the ocean and farm out potentially hundreds of what is one of the strongest enemies stat-wise in prehardmode. And it became even harder after 1.4 reworked water enemy AI, which made it take up to 15 minutes to just get the five Shark Fins you need for Megashark, let alone farm for an item that has a **2%** drop from them. Its not even a good accessory, and it’s so goddamn rare and so easily replaceable by so many things that you should *never* try to farm it out.

-Leaf Wings B -> A
Yeah, they were nerfed. But they have the advantage over Angel and Demon of being basically free, while Angel and Demon require somewhag of an undertaking to get in the first place. It’ll hold you over until Pixie, Harpy or Frozen at least.

-Flesh Knuckles B -> C
Compared to Putrid Scent, this doesn’t do nearly enough to be worth using in singleplayer. 8 defense is not that much, being 4 less damage in Normal and 8 less damage in the mode you’re taking triple the damage of Normal. And unlike aggro reduction, aggro expansion does basically nothing in singleplayer except *maybe* help distract Old One’s Army enemies, but it’s less effort to just stand by the crystal and kill enemies as they approach and delve into offense.

-Greedy Ring A -> B/C
Considering how an accessory's rarity is a major player into its tier, as evident by Sandstorm and Terraspark being A among others, this definitely deserves a cut for rarity. Its components are good enough for A and B rank when you get them, but getting all three of them for Greedy Ring is possibly even harder than getting the Coin Gun. And its components are niche enough to where you’re probably using them for separate things anyway, so you shouldn’t need to combine them into one. I just don’t know if it’d be B or C.

I think that’s all I want to critique. Great list overall, love how it turned out.

Back
Top Bottom