tModLoader Dragon Ball Terraria

ALRIGHT! SO.

I went, and was able to test whether DBT's Super Saiyan hair works with Terraria Overhaul, as explained in the previous post above. The problem being, as mentioned in said post, that with them both installed, when my character turned Super Saiyan, she ended up with two heads; the Super Saiyan, golden-haired one from DBT, and the normal looking, rotating-able head from Terraria Overhaul's Player Rendering improvement!

So, in order to use both mods and avoid that silly-looking result, one of these effects's got to go. Namely, the one not turning you into a golden-haired god of ki power. To do so, go into your Documents/MyGames/Terraria/ModLoader/TerrariaOverhaul folder and open the Config.json file.

You are looking for the Visuals category, under which you'll find the line:

"noPlayerHeadRotation": false,

...Set it to true instead.

BAM. Problem solved. You get to enjoy all of Overhaul's sweet improvements, AND not look like a two headed Human/Saiyan weirdo when you go Super Saiyan or above. Cheers!
Oh, nice! So how does Overhaul work with DBT, anyways?

Exactly as intended, as far as I can tell, in both mods' cases. The head showing up twice when going Super Saiyan was the only problem I originally had with them both at once. With that out of the way, being able to dodge roll goes nicely along with fighting as a Ki user - as it does with any combat style, honestly - and it's also pretty hilarious to see enemies blowing up in a pile of gore after you fired a large ki beam in their face. Dodge rolls can also be used to change directions in midair, which fit well with DBT if you ask me.

The only thing I haven't tested yet is whether or not Ki weapons are affected by Overhaul's Durability system, but honestly, even if they are, I don't really care, it'd just be a rather funny ("Oh no! My Energy Beam broke!") and easily fixable problem given how easy a repair table can be crafted. I doubt they are affected, however; I imagine the creators of Overhaul would have to actively add the DBT weapons to their list of items affected by it as well as the recipes to repair them, so... yeah, probably not.

Since it is not implemented in the current version of DBT, I also use the WeaponOut mod, which adds fist weapons and a decent yet simple martial arts system, with uppercuts, divekicks and parries. Completes the experience well enough for me until the next update is ready.

I just downloaded the mod, and I had so much fun with what it had to offer. I think if you haven't already, you could add Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan or ultimate as some ideas!

@Frostedgun46 A big update is currently being worked on that will add a truckload of things, including multiple new forms. There is no release date at the moment; have fun with the mod as it is now, and eventually there'll be lots more in it. :)

I think it'd be worthwhile having more buffs or more powerful forms that extend even past post-moonlord strength vanilla items, so that it scales more with long mods like Calamity and whatnot. Or maybe just a patch to adjust scaling after the update comes out.

Hello. ^_^

Just thought I'd mention a mild incompatibility with another mod, namely the Bismuth mod. Not that DBT won't work with it, but Bismuth spawns a 'village' with NPCs pretty much where Grandpa Gohan's house appears, which makes it essentially merge itself with one of the houses. In my case, the DBT house was mostly there, but the piece of furniture with the 4 stars dragon ball on it was gone and replaced with the blacksmith from the mod and his tools.

I got around it by spawning the dragon ball and the note that comes with it via Cheat Sheet, but I thought people would like to know.

Hello. ^_^

Just thought I'd mention a mild incompatibility with another mod, namely the Bismuth mod. Not that DBT won't work with it, but Bismuth spawns a 'village' with NPCs pretty much where Grandpa Gohan's house appears, which makes it essentially merge itself with one of the houses. In my case, the DBT house was mostly there, but the piece of furniture with the 4 stars dragon ball on it was gone and replaced with the blacksmith from the mod and his tools.

I got around it by spawning the dragon ball and the note that comes with it via Cheat Sheet, but I thought people would like to know.
Funnily enough, that just means the Four-Star Dragon Ball just spawned somewhere else, iirc. I've had the note show up randomly when collecting Dragon Balls well into Hardmode.

Hello. ^_^

never heard of that mod you happen to have a link for a potential wiki or something?

The wiki is a bit bare bones, but here's the tMod Loader link and the wiki one.

It's a pretty good mod, though it has some issues. The author has not been active in a while. But all in all it's a lot of fun. Just wanted people to know what happens to the dragon ball when using both it and DBT before they come here asking about it, lol.

Tried it with another character, and Grandpa Gohan's house didn't spawn at all. XD So yeah, word of warning, fellas: if using both at once, you'll likely have to spawn the 4 stars dragon ball and the note if you want'em, lol.

Back
Top Bottom