tModLoader Minigun Mod Official Thread

azzrill3

Steampunker
icon.png

Okay, It's happening. I'm azzrill, the author of the mod called Minigun. I was struggling to create this thread for a really long time (the mod exists for several years), because I didn't see any need in it. But honestly, the main reason was my laziness and lack of free time.

Today I've released a big update (around 50+ items, new boss, new enemy, !BossChecklist support!(finally!!!)), so i'm making this thread to answer any of your questions, if there are some.

I'm really new to creating forum threads, but I'll do my best! Also, I want to create a Wiki page for this mod some time around!

Ok, here are some screenshots:
screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png
screenshot5.png
screenshot6.png
screenshot7.png
screenshot8.png
screenshot9.png
screenshot10.png
screenshot11.png
screenshot12.png
screenshot13.png
screenshot14.png
screenshot15.png
screenshot16.png
screenshot17.png
screenshot18.png
screenshot19.png
screenshot20.png
screenshot21.png
screenshot22.png
screenshot23.png
screenshot24.png
screenshot25.png
screenshot26.png
screenshot27.png
screenshot28.png
screenshot29.png
screenshot30.png
screenshot31.png
screenshot32.png
screenshot33.png
All of those are just a few of the items available
Also, added Pale Kramnium mod config if you don't like standard bright glow.

Last edited:
An old mod, IntERsTinG!
No seriously, I would want to know the possible content of this mod for my "Small Content Modpack"

Oh, pretty good. Though some of the sprites aren't really well made, I could say a few mechanic of weapons are pretty interesting.
Will check it out.

With the Laser Designator, you can grief structures that are usually completely unbreakable.

Also, there's a smol bug: Worm bosses count as multiple connected entities, so when the Splicer Enemy mechanic comes into play, some of the segments will be Splicer, and others will not. This is more common on longer ones like Xizor, The World's Desecration.

Spoilers are there for a reason, you know? Click them ONLY AFTER you've tried the mod.

Also, can you get your team to sprite some support banners?

Last edited:
With the Laser Designator, you can grief structures that are usually completely unbreakable.

Also, there's a smol bug: Worm bosses count as multiple connected entities, so when the Splicer Enemy mechanic comes into play, some of the segments will be Splicer, and others will not. This is more common on longer ones like Xizor, The World's Desecration.

Spoilers are there for a reason, you know? Click them ONLY AFTER you've tried the mod.

Also, can you get your team to sprite some support banners?
Ok, about Laser Designator: the best way to nerf it would be making it's mining power the same as of the strongest pickaxe in your inventory, but i'm still thinking on it.

Just solved the worm bug, should work fine with any vanilla and correctly implemented modded worms. Thanks for pointing this bug out!

Speaking about support banners... There is no team. I do all of the drawing and coding myself, and I actually don't know how should these banners look, so, I guess, i will draw.. something? later, when I get the full understanding of what it is.

Overall, thanks for the comment, it was helpful!

so, i got a bug with the npc xizor...
1611363198642.png

i tried everything, from cheatsheet to 1life npc mod but it dont work since the npc is immortal '-'.

i think that it is a bug involving this item.
1611363413884.png

sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
so, i got a bug with the npc xizor...
View attachment 305292
i tried everything, from cheatsheet to 1life npc mod but it dont work since the npc is immortal '-'.

i think that it is a bug involving this item.
View attachment 305293

sorry for my bad english.
Did you manually spawn a lot of them or it happened because of something else? Xizor can't die, he's programmed like that, the thing is, while playing normally you can not have more than 1 in a single world. Currently, there is no way to remove them, i'll think of the way to solve this. Update the mod and use Testing Tool - that should remove all of them. If you did not manually spawn them, please tell me what did you do to make that happen.

Last edited:
Did you manually spawn a lot of them or it happened because of something else? Xizor can't die, he's programmed like that, the thing is, while playing normally you can not have more than 1 in a single world. Currently, there is no way to remove them, i'll think of the way to solve this. Update the mod and use Testing Tool - that should remove all of them. If you did not manually spawn them, please tell me what did you do to make that happen.
no, i had to spawn one manualy using cheat sheet because it dont spawned when i killed the boss first time.
and then i started farming some bosses to prepare for calamitas but i noticied that the second phase of eater of gods was'nt spawning, then i came back to my house just to see all those npcs alread was taking all mob slots.
but i think the problem is with that item i showed earlier since almost all the npcs was in the same floor that the item was placed.

note1: i think it dont spawned the first time i killed the boss because i litteraly hitkilled him k.
note2: once again, sorry for my bad english.
edit 1: i did some tests and both my thesis was confirmed, it not spawned first because i killed it too quickly (not sure yet) and the xizor multiply because the immortalyt field (100% sure) and i recorded it, if you want i can upload on youtube to send to you.

Last edited:
no, i had to spawn one manualy using cheat sheet because it dont spawned when i killed the boss first time.
and then i started farming some bosses to prepare for calamitas but i noticied that the second phase of eater of gods was'nt spawning, then i came back to my house just to see all those npcs alread was taking all mob slots.
but i think the problem is with that item i showed earlier since almost all the npcs was in the same floor that the item was placed.

note1: i think it dont spawned the first time i killed the boss because i litteraly hitkilled him k.
note2: once again, sorry for my bad english.
edit 1: i did some tests and both my thesis was confirmed, it not spawned first because i killed it too quickly (not sure yet) and the xizor multiply because the immortalyt field (100% sure) and i recorded it, if you want i can upload on youtube to send to you.
Yeah, I also tested later that day, immortality field spawns new ones even though the original one did not die. I'll think what i can do there. (Update the mod, now immortality field should not work on Xizor, also (hopefully) solved glitch where he did not spawn.) On the other hand, what did you actually use to one shot him? The NPC spawns at the same time as loot does, so i really wonder, what could you do to make him not spawn. Also, he can only be spawned once, after the 1st boss kill, following tries would only drop loot.

Last edited:
if i remenber correctly this was my build when i killed the boss:
1611486573478.png
1611487054464.png

1611486644964.png
1611486982880.png

i'm using anti-social (with armor config) leveled and luiafk, i was planing to put the mod: good luck have fun to make things more 'balanced' but it dont work well with overhaul and makes all the bosses be invincible, so i had to remove it k
the summons kill it before it even appears on the screen'-'

edit: the immortality field still work on him k
note: so... how do i spawn rether aspid? ._.

Last edited:
if i remenber correctly this was my build when i killed the boss:
View attachment 305489View attachment 305492
View attachment 305490View attachment 305491
i'm using anti-social (with armor config) leveled and luiafk, i was planing to put the mod: good luck have fun to make things more 'balanced' but it dont work well with overhaul and makes all the bosses be invincible, so i had to remove it k
the summons kill it before it even appears on the screen'-'

edit: the immortality field still work on him k
note: so... how do i spawn rether aspid? ._.
Does the field still dupe him? If so, how do you actually kill him? Nvm, figured, it still does, gonna fix today. Because when i was testing with cheat sheet it worked fine. Also, rether aspid can not be spawned, it's unused content, i just forgot to remove it.

Last edited:
Does the field still dupe him? If so, how do you actually kill him? Because when i was testing with cheat sheet it worked fine. Also, rether aspid can not be spawned, it's unused content, i just forgot to remove it.
besides i can get a testing tool in cheat sheet to 'kill' the xizor npc, the clockwork droped one for me k. it continues duping because probably the field is actived when it notices that the npc is with just 1hp and dupe him... i think. i test it with merchant killer from luiafk.

besides i can get a testing tool in cheat sheet to 'kill' the xizor npc, the clockwork droped one for me k. it continues duping because probably the field is actived when it notices that the npc is with just 1hp and dupe him... i think. i test it with merchant killer from luiafk.
You are quite lucky - that's actually the only way to get testing tool legit. Btw it was fine with cheat sheet cuz it didn't do enough damage to one shot him. This time it's gonna be fixed for sure.

Back
Top Bottom