How can i beat the summoner as a mage?

kitsubelol

Terrarian
I am in pre hardmode with friends and one of them is a summoner. The Spinal Tap whip is what they are using. I am using Flamelash and I have Jungle Armor. Any tips?

Well, why do you need to be better than them?

Anyway, obsidian armor + spinal tap is one of the best prehardmode builds, and it’s pretty hard to compete with. Your best options are the Demon Scythe which is hard to aim but has incredible DPS or the Flamelash, which you’re already running. Meteor armor provides a slightly higher attack boost at the cost of less mana economy, and themagic cuffs and any ingredients in the upgrade tree can help, but summoner is the strongest class between the four in the pre-wall tier.

Well, why do you need to be better than them?

Anyway, obsidian armor + spinal tap is one of the best prehardmode builds, and it’s pretty hard to compete with. Your best options are the Demon Scythe which is hard to aim but has incredible DPS or the Flamelash, which you’re already running. Meteor armor provides a slightly higher attack boost at the cost of less mana economy, and themagic cuffs and any ingredients in the upgrade tree can help, but summoner is the strongest class between the four in the pre-wall tier.
also does mage get better in hardmode?

It does. You get two weapons called the Life Drain and the Rainbow Rod which let you literally just hold down your mouse on your opponent and make them take unavoidable damage.

The Demon Scythe is very good for countering whips and melee weapons as it forces your opponent to change their pathing towards you if they want to hit you and moves extremely fast at long range.

Mage’s strongest point is post-Plantera, specifically after a few events. You gain access to the insanely strong double set which is Spectre, and you get several beasts like Razorpine, Nightglow or Razorblade Typhoon. It’s also pretty capable for the rest of Hardmode, but other classes give it good competition until right after Plantera.

Back
Top Bottom