tModLoader TerraTemp (Temperature/Climate Mod)

Also, you've saved me from future confusion. I thought Molten Armor was going to be actually strong against heat - because it was made of a material that can withstand lava - but now that I think about it, it does would make a LOT of sense to make it strong VS cold instead. Out of curiosity, are you planning to add tooltips as to what given items protects against in item descriptions (not sure what it's called, but... the info that shows up about an item when you put the cursor over it in the inventory) at some point later?

Actually, this should already be a feature. Every change (to items at least) should be shown on the tooltip. If it's not, then that's obviously a bug, lol. You should take a look at some of the armors & such, they should be showing exactly what kind of stats are being changed.

Also to answer that question about clothing; if you mean vanity, only some of those have a change. But if by clothing you mean armor, then again, it depends on the armor. Explicitly taking off your armor specifically won't help against the heat unless that armor set has a negative effect that makes you more vulnerable to the heat.

Thanks for the happy wishes though, I glad you are really enjoying it :)

Actually, this should already be a feature. Every change (to items at least) should be shown on the tooltip. If it's not, then that's obviously a bug, lol. You should take a look at some of the armors & such, they should be showing exactly what kind of stats are being changed.

Also to answer that question about clothing; if you mean vanity, only some of those have a change. But if by clothing you mean armor, then again, it depends on the armor. Explicitly taking off your armor specifically won't help against the heat unless that armor set has a negative effect that makes you more vulnerable to the heat.

Thanks for the happy wishes though, I glad you are really enjoying it :)

...Weeeeeell. It's not a bug. It's a 'I'm being too eager and asking dumb questions before even checking if it's there first' situation. It's most definitely there, and I forgot to check. Looks like I was wearing only modded armor since the beginning, so... obvously I never noticed it. Myyyyyyy bad.

Okay, so taking off armor doesn't help unless the armor is actively noted as being bad in a given situation. Okay, that simplifies things quite a bit. I guess that's all the questions I had! Muchas gracias.

EDIT: Also, I tried getting through biomes using Copper Armor, and I hanged around my house in it. FUNNY how it's easier when one uses the mod as actually intended to be used. XD ....Sigh. Consider my concern of it being possibly too intense taken back, though I am looking forward to see how non-vanilla armors are handled. At least now I know how to get around without dying all the time, lol.

Last edited:
...Weeeeeell. It's not a bug. It's a 'I'm being too eager and asking dumb questions before even checking if it's there first' situation. It's most definitely there, and I forgot to check. Looks like I was wearing only modded armor since the beginning, so... obvously I never noticed it. Myyyyyyy bad.

Okay, so taking off armor doesn't help unless the armor is actively noted as being bad in a given situation. Okay, that simplifies things quite a bit. I guess that's all the questions I had! Muchas gracias.

EDIT: Also, I tried getting through biomes using Copper Armor, and I hanged around my house in it. FUNNY how it's easier when one uses the mod as actually intended to be used. XD ....Sigh. Consider my concern of it being possibly too intense taken back, though I am looking forward to see how non-vanilla armors are handled. At least now I know how to get around without dying all the time, lol.

Ah, glad that cleared everything up. All good, yeah; armor should make things a lot easier, generally speaking. I should definitely get that wiki page up to avoid confusion, as soon as possible, heh.

Hello Everyone! A new major update has been released, Version 1.1.0.0, the Compatibility Update! it is now up on the Mod Browser and the Github is now fully up to date. Knock yourselves out! :)
(Also, check out the Changelog in the new 'Changelogs' section of this post, wink wink)

Hello again!

Just thought I'd report this: since the new update, I get stuck at the 'Adding Recipes' part of the game loading mods, it never moves on from there. I played this morning before the update and everthing was fine, and I just installed the update when I came home from school, which is when it happened.

I had two mods updates, but it would seem it has to do with TerraTemp, as it loads normally when I remove it, while there is no change if I remove the other mod (which is the Metroid Mod, in case you were wondering). I have repeated this several times, with the same result each time = if TerraTemp is installed, the game will not complete the initial mod loading and never get to the main menu. Not sure what specifically causes it in the new update, but it looks like I can't use TerraTemp at the moment.

...Still, thanks a lot for the update, I'm sure that it'll be great when I'll be able to get it to load, lol.

Last edited:
Hello again!

Just thought I'd report this: since the new update, I get stuck at the 'Adding Recipes' part of the game loading mods, it never moves on from there. I played this morning before the update and everthing was fine, and I just installed the update when I came home from school, which is when it happened.

I had two mods updates, but it would seem it has to do with TerraTemp, as it loads normally when I remove it, while there is no change if I remove the other mod (which is the Metroid Mod, in case you were wondering). I have repeated this several times, with the same result each time = if TerraTemp is installed, the game will not complete the initial mod loading and never get to the main menu. Not sure what specifically causes it in the new update, but it looks like I can't use TerraTemp at the moment.

...Still, thanks a lot for the update, I'm sure that it'll be great when I'll be able to get it to load, lol.

Oh boy, it's likely due to the new update adding functionality for any modded items that use the vanilla item changes (for example, any modded items with obsidian skulls in their crafting tree will get the effects of the obsidiaj skull) Likely some kind of recursive issue is happening. Considering this isn't working for you, it probably isn't working for a lot of other people. So, I think I will disable the feature to prevent anyone else having the issue.

In the meantime, however, can I have a list of the mods you were using? One of those other mods may be an issue as well.

Oh boy, it's likely due to the new update adding functionality for any modded items that use the vanilla item changes (for example, any modded items with obsidian skulls in their crafting tree will get the effects of the obsidiaj skull) Likely some kind of recursive issue is happening. Considering this isn't working for you, it probably isn't working for a lot of other people. So, I think I will disable the feature to prevent anyone else having the issue.

In the meantime, however, can I have a list of the mods you were using? One of those other mods may be an issue as well.

Okay, but it's a pretty massive list. Just so you know, the couple of mods with '**' next to them are mods I installed manually as opposed to from the browser.

TERRARIA MODS

Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music)
Calamity Mod Music
Calamity's Vanities
Thorium Mod
Thorium + Calamity Convergence Mod
Fargo's Souls Mod
Fargo's Souls Mod DLC
Fargo's Music Mod
PINKYMOD: A Tale of Gods and Men
Dragon Ball Terraria
Nightmares Unleashed
Shadows of Abaddon
Mystic Lands Reborn
Elements Awoken
Elements Awoken Music
Qwerty's Bosses and Items
Omnir's Nostalgia Pack **

Metroid Mod
JoJoStands
JoJoStands Sounds
Valhalla Mod
Yoshi's Island
Terramon
Terramon Expansion
Mario Land
Sonic Adventure: Chao Island
Kirby's Transformations
Helpful NPCs
Fargo's Mutant Mod
Ultranium
Mystic Hunter

Fire Emblem Three Houses
The One Ring **
Zenith Gun
Zenith Armour
Zenith Tier Items
WeaponOut
TerraTemp
Extra Gunslinger Gear
imkSushi's Mod
Builder's Toolbox
Terra's Wing Compilation (UPDATED)
Even More Modifiers
The Shapeshifter
Prefixes+
Survivaria - A Survival Mod
Consolaria
Archery Overhaul
Mana Fruit Mod
Esper Class
Magnumiactus
Starter Classes
Universal Throwing

Shop Expander
Brighter Torches
Better Taxes
Wing Slot
HERO's Mod
Begone, Evil!
Cheat Sheet
More Dialogue
Boss Checklist
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
Regen From Bosses
Unleveled Mod
Various Weathers
Calamity Weapons Unleashed
Simple Horses!
Wildlife Mod
Which Mod is This From? (WMITF)
Boss Expertise
Fluid Library
Better Mana Regeneration Fixed
Subworld Library
Idglib

Okay, but it's a pretty massive list. Just so you know, the couple of mods with '**' next to them are mods I installed manually as opposed to the browser

Oh man, that's a whole heck of a lot of mods... Here's what I'm thinking, either 1. it is actually working correctly but there is SO many mods with new recipes that it is taking forever to actually add them (but will finish eventually) or 2. there is an item in one of those mods that can be made with itself, thus causing an infinite loop.

If #2 is the case, is there any items in these mods that you know of that can use themselves to create a new copy of themselves, or something similar?

Whatever the case, can you do me a favor and try and sit and wait for a decent period of time for recipes to be added? If nothing happens after 5 minutes or so, then it's likely a recursive issue.

Whatever the case, I will be working to get this fixed as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Oh man, that's a whole heck of a lot of mods... Here's what I'm thinking, either 1. it is actually working correctly but there is SO many mods with new recipes that it is taking forever to actually add them (but will finish eventually) or 2. there is an item in one of those mods that can be made with itself, thus causing an infinite loop.

If #2 is the case, is there any items in these mods that you know of that can use themselves to create a new copy of themselves, or something similar?

Whatever the case, can you do me a favor and try and sit and wait for a decent period of time for recipes to be added? If nothing happens after 5 minutes or so, then it's likely a recursive issue.

Whatever the case, I will be working to get this fixed as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience!

That it is. Only reasons I thought it was an issue with TerraTemp and not another mod are 1) I don't know anything about coding and stuff, and 2) it happened right after the update and only with TerraTemp on, but I guess it could be something else that is triggered by its presence, indeed.

I... don't think I have mods in which items are used in a recipe to create themselves. The one thing I have that is close to that is - and as I say this, I check the list I gave you and realize I forgot to add it to the list since I installed it - the 'Research from 1.4 in Terraria 1.3.5' mod, which (I suspect you may know about it, but if not not I'll explain) allows you to create items once you have gathered enough of it in order to perform a 'research', but it doesn't work as a recipe, it's more like a separate system where once the research is done, you just open the custom menu and grab the researched items that you need, akin to creation mode in Minecraft.

Okay. I could bet I was on the loading screen for longer than 5 minutes yesterday, but in all honesty, I didn't time it. I'll try it again tonight, for 10-15 minutes just to be real sure.

Thanks a lot!

I believe some mods like Fargo's mod allow you to convert Corruption items and Crimson items between each other. For example, Demonite bars can be crafted into Crimtane bars and Crimtane bars can be crafted back into Demonite bars. Could this be what's causing the problem?

I believe some mods like Fargo's mod allow you to convert Corruption items and Crimson items between each other. For example, Demonite bars can be crafted into Crimtane bars and Crimtane bars can be crafted back into Demonite bars. Could this be what's causing the problem?

Oh, right! That is something that I completely forgot about. I'll need to add a rule for that so that infinite loops don't occur. I can't believe I forgot about that, lol. I'll look into it further. Thanks!

I can confirm I do have those recipes, whether or not they have any effect on this situation.

@MutantWafflez

I just re-activated TerraTemp and tried loading. It stayed on 'Adding Recipes' for over 15 minutes, no change. I loaded without TerraTemp, and the Adding Recipes part lasted about 30 seconds. Pretty sure that's not the problem. ;-)

I can confirm I do have those recipes, whether or not they have any effect on this situation.

@MutantWafflez

I just re-activated TerraTemp and tried loading. It stayed on 'Adding Recipes' for over 15 minutes, no change. I loaded without TerraTemp, and the Adding Recipes part lasted about 30 seconds. Pretty sure that's not the problem. ;-)

Oh boy, alright. I have pushed a small update; it added a logging field that will log all of the recipes that are applicable from other mods, so they will output to the log folder. Can you do me a favor, when you have the chance, to send your client log after waiting for about a minute or two on adding recipes so I can see what's going on? I've been skimming through your mod pack list and adding the mods and testing them, but I can't recreate the issue.

Oh boy, alright. I have pushed a small update; it added a logging field that will log all of the recipes that are applicable from other mods, so they will output to the log folder. Can you do me a favor, when you have the chance, to send your client log after waiting for about a minute or two on adding recipes so I can see what's going on? I've been skimming through your mod pack list and adding the mods and testing them, but I can't recreate the issue.

Sir, yes sir. Here's the log.

It starts repeating those two lines forever when it gets to the recipes part:

[17:03:43] [15/INFO] [TerraTemp]: Item Magic Dagger found with containing the ingredient with the ID of 535
[17:03:43] [15/INFO] [TerraTemp]: Item Dual Hook found with containing the ingredient with the ID of 535

EDIT: I seem to have misread your post. I thought you wanted me to wait until it'd stall on Added Recipes (as opposed to waiting for a while once there), so I didn't stay the requested minute or two once I saw the log was going nuts with those two lines. Will that be sufficient or should I do it again and wait longer?

Attachments

• client.log
    184.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Sir, yes sir. Here's the log.

It starts repeating those two lines forever when it gets to the recipes part:

[17:03:43] [15/INFO] [TerraTemp]: Item Magic Dagger found with containing the ingredient with the ID of 535
[17:03:43] [15/INFO] [TerraTemp]: Item Dual Hook found with containing the ingredient with the ID of 535

EDIT: I seem to have misread your post. I thought you wanted me to wait until it'd stall on Added Recipes (as opposed to waiting for a while once there), so I didn't stay the requested minute or two once I saw the log was going nuts with those two lines. Will that be sufficient or should I do it again and wait longer?

No, this is perfect. I was able to find the source of the issue; it is the imkSushi mod. Basically, with how recipes work in this game, imkSushi allowing for conversion of items from bosses and such was causing the infinite loops. I fixed the loop so it can load normally again, however due to imksushi's mod, a lot of items will have bonuses that they normally wouldn't have due to these "conversion" recipes from imksushi. Sadly there is nothing either mod can do about it unless imksushi quite literally removed all the recipes.

So, you'll have two choices I imagine; either keep imksushi enabled and have some items have effects they shouldn't have, or disable imksushi entirely.

The new hotfix has been sent to the Mod Browser.

Apologies for taking so long for it to be figured out, I greatly appreciate the logs and the cooperation. I hope everything goes smoothly from here, :)

No, this is perfect. I was able to find the source of the issue; it is the imkSushi mod. Basically, with how recipes work in this game, imkSushi allowing for conversion of items from bosses and such was causing the infinite loops. I fixed the loop so it can load normally again, however due to imksushi's mod, a lot of items will have bonuses that they normally wouldn't have due to these "conversion" recipes from imksushi. Sadly there is nothing either mod can do about it unless imksushi quite literally removed all the recipes.

So, you'll have two choices I imagine; either keep imksushi enabled and have some items have effects they shouldn't have, or disable imksushi entirely.

The new hotfix has been sent to the Mod Browser.

Apologies for taking so long for it to be figured out, I greatly appreciate the logs and the cooperation. I hope everything goes smoothly from here, :)

You kiddin' me? You have nothing to apologize for. You're making an awesome immersion mod for people to enjoy for free, and you're helping me - a complete stranger whom you've never met - out when I come across an issue indirectly related to it and another mod entirely! Even if you took weeks or months to help me out, you'd deserve my gratitude several times over, and I would be quite the entitled spoiled brat to be bothered by how 'long you took' to figure it out. You, sir, have my thanks, and my apologies for taking up some of your time.

As for the choice... as much as it pains me to do so, as I have been a loyal user of imkSushi's mod for years now, I'm pretty sure other of my mods offer alternatives for several of that mod's other recipes, and add NPCs who sell the same stuff as it added to existing vendors... plus I'm an absolute sucker for immersion mods. Looks like my problem has officially been fixed. I will remove the incompatible mod, then. Thanks again.

...Also, can confirm, issue is gone. Eternal loading over. I shall celebrate by trying not to die in the desert/ice biome. XD

I just re-added this mod, and Lives, Injury and Stamina mods from Hamstar (plus my food and drink needs mod I already had). Something tells me life will become... quite interesting, real soon.

Back
Top Bottom