NPCs & Enemies Concept for a new boss

Th3Pyr0

Terrarian
It will bw the true finale, even though jounrneys end was the end, i dont want it to be, nobody does.
Name: The Ender Of Universes
Attacks: turns your world into projectiles, throwing ground and structures at you. It also can consume it for more health. Base health: 6 million. (Big tank boy) base damage: 30000. Meant to be taken out with the zenith and other endgame weapons. Other attacks: death beam. Lasers that cut through your world and deal 600 tick damage, but go crazy. Forms: 2, in his second he goes beserk, lasers everywhere, land flying like meteors, etc. number of arms that shoot lasers: 8. He can only be attacked during lasers, so be careful. Loot: full hero sword, used to make the universe slicer (an upgraded zenith) how to summon: in hard mode, use a meowmer as fishing bait directly after killing the moon lord. All health and mana is restored for the fight.

This would be overpowered even for an endgame calamity boss, there is no way it would fit into to vanilla progression. Also, who would want to summon a boss that actually destroys your world?

This would be overpowered even for an endgame calamity boss, there is no way it would fit into to vanilla progression. Also, who would want to summon a boss that actually destroys your world?
Something exists called backing up your world

To powerful. Also extremely hard to code.
The enture game is hard to code. Dont underestimate re-logic’s ability to code. Also, the boss isnt meant to be soloed

So, you back up your world, get your world destroyed for no reason, get the fancy item, and then roll back, so you now don't have the fancy item. Hmm.
The enture game is hard to code. Dont underestimate re-logic’s ability to code. Also, the boss isnt meant to be soloed
I think they might mean too hard to code for how good the result would be, which would be an incredibly annoying boss that no one would fight

ok, let me say this is complete and total bs of stats
6 million hp is more than supreme calamitas in normal mode. and with only vannila weapons is total bull:red:
30,000 base attack is absurd. thats 60 times stronger then supreme calamitas' strongest attack in normal. thats a oneshot no matter how bulky you are
plus what you described is what I imagine as a scal bullet hell but for the entire fight time 1000
I dont even want to fathom what you thought enough defense would be

you also sais it wasnt meant to be soloed. no amount of people in vanilla terraria could defeat this thing.

Honestly? I do want it to be the end. If we're ever going to have cross-platform multiplayer then that's the only way it's going to happen.
have you ever had real fun in the game? YOU WANT IT TO ALL END!\?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, let me say this is complete and total bs of stats
6 million hp is more than supreme calamitas in normal mode. and with only vannila weapons is total bull:red:
30,000 base attack is absurd. thats 60 times stronger then supreme calamitas' strongest attack in normal. thats a oneshot no matter how bulky you are
plus what you described is what I imagine as a scal bullet hell but for the entire fight time 1000
I dont even want to fathom what you thought enough defense would be

you also sais it wasnt meant to be soloed. no amount of people in vanilla terraria could defeat this thing.
there would be new weapons added in the patch. modern problems require modern solutions.

So, you back up your world, get your world destroyed for no reason, get the fancy item, and then roll back, so you now don't have the fancy item. Hmm.

I think they might mean too hard to code for how good the result would be, which would be an incredibly annoying boss that no one would fight
maybe then like 3mill. most people dont realise that the moon lord had 277k hp on the lowest difficulty.

maybe then like 3mill. most people dont realise that the moon lord had 277k hp on the lowest difficulty.
I suppose that could be fair as it would be a worm boss, so DPS would be really high, but I seriously doubt anyone would want to fight it if it destroys their world. That's just bad boss design. Also, moon lord has 277k on the highest difficulty, not the lowest. I think you misread something or mistyped something.

this boss is absolute insanity,
6m hp is higher than the avg calamity boss, 30000 dmg is so high you have no choice but to dodge, and a lot of people suck at dodging.
Like even supreme calamitas is easier.

I suppose that could be fair as it would be a worm boss, so DPS would be really high, but I seriously doubt anyone would want to fight it if it destroys their world. That's just bad boss design. Also, moon lord has 277k on the highest difficulty, not the lowest. I think you misread something or mistyped something.
Its 145k (unless I forgot to add the eyes in when I did the math all those months ago)

Anyways, its still much to powerful. And it destroys your world. Also, each projectile needs to be code. They would have to make it so it sticks to other projectiles, but only the block ones. To do that, I dont even know anymore.

Two posts in a row. Merged into one.

have you ever had real fun in the game? YOU WANT IT TO ALL END!\?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there would be new weapons added in the patch. modern problems require modern solutions.
Three posts in a row. Merged into one.

Hi there @HatsuneMikuWithTheZenith just a tip for going forward...

If you’d like to quote more than one member:
  1. Use the +Quote button on the right. Add as many quotes as you want.
  2. Then in the reply box, use the “Insert quotes... button.
1612109214925.png
1612109324590.png

I’ve merged your posts into one, as we discourage double/triple posting. :)

There are a lot of things I could say about this, but most of them have been said already. Instead, I'll leave it at this:
Moon Lord is a good point for a final boss. In most play-throughs, after Moon Lord, you'll likely feel satisfied with what you've done in the world, and fighting a Dark Souls x Touhou boss on every substance possible would just be a drag after all the build-up to the Moon Lord. I mean, everything about the Moon Lord screams final boss. The Solar Pillars Sequence, the music, the screen going dark, his size, his incredible death animation, all of it. There doesn't need to be anymore content after that.

EDIT: Suppose I should mention mods. The only reason they get a pass on post-Moon Lord content is that only people who want post-Moon Lord content play those mods.

Back
Top Bottom