PC Crimson Key.

Hey community! I've spent more than 5 hours looking for the crimson key killing enemies at the biome.
I've already tried using the water torches, battle potions, even summoning the blood moon and solar eclipse and killing over 1000 enemies of the same type.
I'm desperate can someone give me advices or give me one?!

Tbh... there are no real ways of getting this thing fast, and I would guess you're just unlucky.

But some improvements:
1. Build a mob farm. You can look at Youtube and pick one.
2. Simply skip the vanpire knife, it isn't really a big deal.

Tbh... there are no real ways of getting this thing fast, and I would guess you're just unlucky.

But some improvements:
1. Build a mob farm. You can look at Youtube and pick one.
2. Simply skip the vanpire knife, it isn't really a big deal.
Thanks for your support! But the problem is that i'm in pre-lunatic cultist and as I have a melee character the only viable way of defeating him is by using that.

Meanwhile, I get four crimson keys about two weeks ago while trying to grind for frozen turtle shell.

i'm in pre-lunatic cultist and as I have a melee character the only viable way of defeating him is by using that.

Vampire Knives is far from the only viable choice for Cultist; it offers lifesteal but its damage won’t do much. In fact, it shouldn’t be your main at all - it’s used as a secondary to recover HP, not to deal damage. There are plenty of weapons you can use:

Influx Waver is the best sword to use here, since it travels in a straight lime and is easy to aim, and since Cultist is usually stationary it consistently hits thrice.

Flairon probably has the best airborne DPS of any weapons you can consistently get pre-cultist, although the bubbles get a slight penalty because Cultist takes reduced damage from homing.

Eye of Cthulhu is an easy weapon to use on this boss, again since he’s mostly stationary, and can pull great sustained damage versus a single target.

There are more, but those are probably the best choices.

As some side tips, when Cultist does the ritual attack, make sure to hit the real cultist. It’s easier to distinguish at day because the fakes are somewhat translucent. Orbiting the boss is usually the best way to avoid all the attacks, except for the ice mist, where you just travel with the ice ball itself. I recommend a UFO mount or witch’s broom in Expert, their specific form of maneuverability is really good in this fight.

Meanwhile, I get four crimson keys about two weeks ago while trying to grind for frozen turtle shell.

Vampire Knives is far from the only viable choice for Cultist; it offers lifesteal but its damage won’t do much. In fact, it shouldn’t be your main at all - it’s used as a secondary to recover HP, not to deal damage. There are plenty of weapons you can use:

Influx Waver is the best sword to use here, since it travels in a straight lime and is easy to aim, and since Cultist is usually stationary it consistently hits thrice.

Flairon probably has the best airborne DPS of any weapons you can consistently get pre-cultist, although the bubbles get a slight penalty because Cultist takes reduced damage from homing.

Eye of Cthulhu is an easy weapon to use on this boss, again since he’s mostly stationary, and can pull great sustained damage versus a single target.

There are more, but those are probably the best choices.

As some side tips, when Cultist does the ritual attack, make sure to hit the real cultist. It’s easier to distinguish at day because the fakes are somewhat translucent. Orbiting the boss is usually the best way to avoid all the attacks, except for the ice mist, where you just travel with the ice ball itself. I recommend a UFO mount or witch’s broom in Expert, their specific form of maneuverability is really good in this fight.
I already count with those three weapons but thanks for the acclaration! Can you give me one of those 4?!XD

I’d say the best of the four to use is Flairon, the base damage is reasonable and it has a ton of DPS from the bubbles even with the damage penalty Cultist has against homing attacks.

I think this is in a wrong section? since it's about asking for advice, not suggestions what to add to the game or such.

But, as for the crimson key, I suppose, besides stuff that affect spawnrates (which you said you already did, right?) you could try to increase your luck as much as you can, with crimson torches there, garden gnomes, maybe touching a ladybug (make sure you don't kill them after, catch them again), and even going for luck potions, but those are a pain to brew.

It can take a while to get biome keys, but hybrid biomes also count, so you can look around for them in a crimsoned desert, or ice or something, might get the other key too, meanwhile.

there's not really a best way to get the keys, I think... but the more time you spend in the biome, the more likely you get one, I guess. I got like 3 in "crimson challange" playthrough without even the slightest effort to farm for it, by the time it was post-plantera XD

Back
Top Bottom