NPCs & Enemies Put your characters in worlds as NPCs.

Lecic

Steampunker
I think it would be awesome if you could leave your characters in worlds as NPCs. They'd walk around and just do general NPC things. They'd give tips similar to the guide, or perhaps you could give them lines to say. You would be able to trade your items back and forth with them. When they "died," instead of dying, they'd have a magic mirror sound and particle effect, and leave the world.

This would allow people to populate their towns further once the maximum amount of NPCs is reached.

Player characters would be able to be selected from a list under the Housing tab and assigned to a house.

EDIT- Maybe there could be a mirror furniture item, and when used, you could give yourself quotes that would pop up when you were talked to in NPC form. Think of it as your character practicing their lines in front of a mirror. Players would not be able to add other characters as NPCs until this mirror was obtained.

Last edited:
That's not really much different from putting endgame items in a chest and taking them out with a different character.

*e* ... Did this comment really deserve six likes? :confused:

*e2* ... Seriously, people? Why is this still getting likes?

Last edited:
True. I guess that's the same but it doesn't cost anything. It's pretty much just adding nothing. Especially since you already have a guide and can just place items in chest, bring other character, take things. No support from me, then.

True. I guess that's the same but it doesn't cost anything. It's pretty much just adding nothing. Especially since you already have a guide and can just place items in chest, bring other character, take things. No support from me, then.

It allows you to easily swap items between characters without having to load up different ones. Plus, it allows you to have more populated towns.

Awesome idea , also it would be cool if they can use a weapon , maybe an iron sword or something that is not OP

Awesome idea , also it would be cool if they can use a weapon , maybe an iron sword or something that is not OP
I agree, or maybe what type of weapon you killed the wall of flesh with on that "past character". If you killed it with a Sword, Spear, Flail, & Chain weapons It would spawn with a iron sword. If it killed it with any ranged or Magic it would have a bow.

There's a bit of a problem with this: If you populate your world with enough PCNPCs lol, you could cheese the hell out of boss fights, and more importantly, the Moon Events. Hell, even one PCNPC w/ a Razorblade Typhoon could wreck. And that's without taking armor into account. Spectre w/ Hood would just break the difficulty.

There's a bit of a problem with this: If you populate your world with enough PCNPCs lol, you could cheese the hell out of boss fights, and more importantly, the Moon Events. Hell, even one PCNPC w/ a Razorblade Typhoon could wreck. And that's without taking armor into account. Spectre w/ Hood would just break the difficulty.

"Your own characters would obviously only attack in self defense"

I probably should have specified this, but "self defense" is only against normal mobs, and not bosses, who they will only run away from.

Ah, okay, then. It still leaves the cheesing on moon events, as those have a large amount non-boss enemies.

True, but attack in self defense requires the NPC to be trapped with no where to run, so it's unlikely.

Maybe player NPCs should just magic mirror away if they're trapped to prevent this from being an issue it at all. Thoughts?

True, but attack in self defense requires the NPC to be trapped with no where to run, so it's unlikely.
Believe me, people would find a way to cheese it.
Maybe player NPCs should just magic mirror away if they're trapped to prevent this from being an issue it at all. Thoughts?
When you say "magic mirror", do you mean to World Spawn, their house, or just out of the world entirely?

Believe me, people would find a way to cheese it.

When you say "magic mirror", do you mean to World Spawn, their house, or just out of the world entirely?

i think he means out of the world, like how the angler teleports away instead of dying.

What the nerd said. When they magic mirror out, they vanish from the world, and need to be manually re-added through however you do that. Probably selecting them from a drop down list of your characters under the housing tab and telling them to live in a house.

Back
Top Bottom