Other Steam Mac 32bit

Yorper

Terrarian
Hi all,

Super simple and quick request for the devs. Please correctly mark Terraria in the steam store as 64bit for Mac. It's still marked as 32bit and is therefor incorrectly telling users it will not work on Catalina and Big Sur.

Thanks.

Not sure where you got this information from, Terraria still runs as 32 bit on all PC platforms.

This is definitley not correct - an example of this can be seen in MacOS Catalina which requires all apps to be 64 bit. Terraria cannot run on that version of MacOS because it is 32 bit only.
The only 64 bit version of Terraria is this community made tModloader variant: Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)
No, Terraria runs on Catalina, the warning about the game not running is not true (as I'm sure OP can confirm). This was stated by developers many years ago when those versions first released.
I wasn't able to find the specific statement I was thinking of, but these links should make it clear that the non-Windows versions being 64-bit was well known several years ago.
(Linux) Need help setting the default executable to the 64 bit one.
Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta
Linux - Terraria Modding: Windows 10 or Linux?

No, Terraria runs on Catalina, the warning about the game not running is not true (as I'm sure OP can confirm). This was stated by developers many years ago when those versions first released.
I wasn't able to find the specific statement I was thinking of, but these links should make it clear that the non-Windows versions being 64-bit was well known several years ago.
(Linux) Need help setting the default executable to the 64 bit one.
Linux - Terraria Modding: Windows 10 or Linux?
I got in contact with the developers to confirm what the case was, and Windows runs on 32 bit, however Mac and Linux use 64 bit. Apologies - I knew that Windows was 32 bit but was unaware that the different platforms utilised different frameworks.
Will move this thread to suggestions as that seems like the most suitable place for it.

Back
Top Bottom