Terraria State of the Game - February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
With stadia back on, can you share exactly what google did to make you cave on your position and earn your love and devotion back so quickly? I have some $u$picion$ but I'm sure we all who aren't big name partners with inside help would like to know what odds we stand if we are ever banished as you were. Not everyone can make noise on twitter and have a dozen news articles written up about it if google de-persons us, holding steady on the Stadia cancellation would have actually done good for the average person who isn't in your privileged position and I'm honestly kind of disappointed at this turn of events.

I really hope they add texture pack support to mobile, itd be so cool! Downloading and playing adventure maps and other stuff already works on mobile so i could see texture packs working.

also a neat idea for a special seed would be one that swaps the underworld (hell) and overworld biomes and making the player spawn in the underworld with the swapped biomes
It'd be cool, but i dont think they can cos im pretty sure whatever app store would have to check everything and they probs wouldn't wanna do that. It would be cool if they could at least add the dev created ones into it tho

You might want to ask the tModLoader developers about how 1.4's going from now on; they could give far more specific information on its progress than "they work on it".

I didnt get it. So 1.4.2 uptade has texture changes or texture changes will it be in Steam Workshop or Tmodloader? Im asking it because Im a mobile terrarian and it would be nice if there were texture changes.

I'm intrigued by the texture pack(s), I know it's not quite official or anything but it being endorsed like that makes me wonder how it will look in-game.

I didnt get it. So 1.4.2 uptade has texture changes or texture changes will it be in Steam Workshop or Tmodloader? Im asking it because Im a mobile terrarian and it would be nice if there were texture changes.
The textures are for steam workshop, not part of the game. I can see some of the new sprites especially for the landscape and the Eye of Cthulhu being controversial otherwise.

Cons of Dev Texture Pack: Even minor changes mess with detailed builds a lot and getting used to a new look always feels weird. (I'm stretching for cons.)

Pros of Dev Texture Pack: It's what I'd think Terraria 2 would look like. That Wall of Flesh and Eye of Cthulhu look ****ing sick!

Last edited:
Cons of Dev Texture Pack: Even minor changes mess with detailed builds a lot and getting used to a new look always feels weird. (I'm stretching for cons.)

Pros of Dev Texture Pack: It's what I'd think Terraria 2 would look like. That Wall of Flesh and Eye of Cthulhu look ****ing sick!
I've tried to keep everything "minor" yet impactful and feel somewhat fresh in terms of block changes, to make them still feel the same with a new look in terms of texture but still be viable for existing builds, some things might get slightly affected, but I did have this in the back of my head as I did the new block textures. We'll see how it works, it probably isn't for everyone, I went a step further with some of the bosses I've touched upon because it was fun, WoF is probably the furthest from the oldie here.
But I hope at least some of you will enjoy the pack :)

I've tried to keep everything "minor" yet impactful and feel somewhat fresh in terms of block changes, to make them still feel the same with a new look in terms of texture but still be viable for existing builds, some things might get slightly affected, but I did have this in the back of my head as I did the new block textures. We'll see how it works, it probably isn't for everyone, I went a step further with some of the bosses I've touched upon because it was fun, WoF is probably the furthest from the oldie here.
Is it possible to segment the pack into different smaller packs then (if it isn't already)? anyway regardless of whether or not that's the case I'm looking forward to it seeing it. :)

I mainly said the thing about messing with builds for the sake of a con that's outweighed by the pros, but Stone looking like solid stone instead of cobblestone means Crisp Honey might not work as well as a "dirty" stone that mixes very well with Dirt for my Zoologist's fox den because it looks less like Stone. Then again, I think a "cobblestone" stone will still work because it's barely underground. Other than that, I don't think anything will mess with much stuff other than extremely detailed stuff from what I can see.

I not the kind of guy that usually uses texture packs, but I have to try this one!

Is it possible to segment the pack into different smaller packs then (if it isn't already)? anyway regardless of whether or not that's the case I'm looking forward to it seeing it. :)
Seconding this just for the option to pick and choose for those who want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom