Mobile Xbox Wireless Controller not working (Samsung Galaxy s20, Android ver 11)

greebster

Terrarian
I have a blue Xbox bluetooth controller that works fine for me on mobile usually. However, after connecting my controller, I opened Terraria and even from the menu no inputs would register. I tried setting the control scheme to console and tried again, no cigar. I don't play Minecraft mobile anymore but I tested the controller on that to see if it worked, which it did just fine. I also just tested it on the android UI, and that was responsive enough. So, I don't know if the controller itself is at fault, but I do know Terraria isn't responding to any inputs. I should add that the xbox control help ribbons do show on the sides of the screen, so it's not like it can't detect the controller at all, just the inputs specifically.

I have a blue Xbox bluetooth controller that works fine for me on mobile usually. However, after connecting my controller, I opened Terraria and even from the menu no inputs would register. I tried setting the control scheme to console and tried again, no cigar. I don't play Minecraft mobile anymore but I tested the controller on that to see if it worked, which it did just fine. I also just tested it on the android UI, and that was responsive enough. So, I don't know if the controller itself is at fault, but I do know Terraria isn't responding to any inputs. I should add that the xbox control help ribbons do show on the sides of the screen, so it's not like it can't detect the controller at all, just the inputs specifically.
Bump

I have trouble with my PS4 controller on Android 10, mostly with laggy input. The only thing that fixes it for me is turning on bluetooth, un-pair the controller, turn bluetooth off then on again, and finally re-pair.

As long as I do that before each time I start the game I have no problems.

Inconvenient, but it works for me.

No dice here
That isn’t relevant information and is bumping, please don’t do this again, seriously the mods don’t like bumps, if nothing has been said about it more then nothing is said, and also No dice here is even part of the topic, it has to have information relevant to the topic.

did you try to bind the controls manually? it may also depend on the model of the XBox controller, as some arent supported. When i used a controller, i launched terraria first, then opened a world in singleplayer before connecting the controller. If it connects successfully, the touch controls UI will disappear and be replaced with the "gamepad instructions", which is the buttons and will show what each button is set to. If nothing happens, try unparing the controller, then restarting your phone, after that, repair the controller to your phone and hope that it works. hope this fixes your problems for now :D

I'm having the same issue as this with the elite series 2, only my lb and options button work. All of my buttons are unmapped in the "Hardware" section of the controller mapping.

I know this sounds kinda stupid, but maybe you could use a phone usb adapter to manually connect your controller to the device. I've never had a phone and never done this but it's just an idea.

That isn’t relevant information and is bumping, please don’t do this again, seriously the mods don’t like bumps, if nothing has been said about it more then nothing is said, and also No dice here is even part of the topic, it has to have information relevant to the topic.
Mods exist for a reason so letting them do their thing would be better vs misleading people & making them feel like they did something wrong
Do you know what model the controller is? I know in my case that I've tried using controllers that aren't supported by iOS (different OS, but at the end of the day smartphones are all marketed towards the same audience anyway so they should have enough similarities) & have had no success - you could be in a similar boat. I would also try looking for the "Controller Hardware" option under controller settings & see if that gets you anywhere... if you don't see the option anywhere then that means Terraria is accepting your controller / your OS is rejecting it

Last edited:
Hey all, OP here. I didn't get any notifications from this post in spite of it garnering some responses, so my apologies for lack of activity from myself there. I'll see if I can find the box for the controller and post the model here.

Hey all, OP here. I didn't get any notifications from this post in spite of it garnering some responses, so my apologies for lack of activity from myself there. I'll see if I can find the box for the controller and post the model here.
Did you ever find a fix? Im in the same boat and all the threads I've looked at have no way to fix it

I think I found a solution! Try opening setup controller hardware, then change the button style until you find one that works, the default didn't work for me but I changed it to the "L1L2R1R2ABXY" the one without coloring, I have a steelseries status duo and it works now. Hope this helps!!

Back
Top Bottom