Full Game Accessory Tier List

What rank should the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Stinger Necklace be at?

• B rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C rank

• D rank

• F rank

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[Destroyer Emblem] provides the perfect balance of damage and critical strike chance, which is useful for all classes. As a summoner though, it's only better than the Summoner Emblem or Hercules Beetle when using the Morning Star or the Kaleidoscope, which allow minions to deal critical hits.
The last part is untrue; the summon critical chance is fixed at 5% or 10% for Morning Star and Kaleidoscope respectively. This is stated by the wiki and I confirmed it to be true. (Until a few seconds ago, the wiki also said that Lightning Auras can achieve 35% crit with Kaleidoscope, which is untrue because whips do not affect sentries.)

-Jellyfish Necklace: F -> D
It’s not good, but it’s not completely useless. 1.4.1 made it emit an (admittedly small) amount of light, so if you chance upon it early enough you can use it to make your life marginally easier in caves without wasting a helmet slot. It can also help explore the oceans and any ocean tunnels, however small a niche that may be.
But have you considered Shine Potions? They provide a much brighter glow, don't take up an accessory slot, and are extremely easy to craft. The recipe is one Bottled Water, which you only need some sand, a furnace and a pool of water to make, one Daybloom, which are very common, and one Glowing Mushroom, which once you find a Glowing Mushroom biome underground (which may take a bit of exploring), you'll have plenty of.

Just a few nitpicks for a good list:

• The first section of the Celestial Stone entry is redundant, listing off bonuses mentioned outside the spoiler. Consider skipping to the accessory analogies.
  • Speaking of which, the Band of Regeneration has been buffed to double regen rate, now matching the Celestial Stone at 1 HP/s. The Stone's description should be revised to match.
  • In the description for Ogre accessories, it should be made clear they don't stack together, since it's not exactly intuitive.
  • An important utility for the Philosophers's Stone and its upgrade is that they can be quickly swapped in and out just to drink a potion, thus saving an accesory slot. I doubt it changes their rank, but good to mention regardless.
  • Building off what Baconfry said earlier, Eye of the Golem does not increase Summoner crit rate, just like its big brother.

Why is destroyer emblem only A tier while avenger is S? Unless you're doing a pure summoner build the 8% crit will outweigh that 2% damage, and in the case that you are doing a pure summoner build you likely won't be using the avenger emblem anyway.
I know that the Destroyer Emblem is better than the Avenger Emblem. My original reasoning was that the Avenger Emblem is useful for all classes whereas the Destroyer Emblem doesn't benefit summoners as much as other damage accessories. Remember: the Avenger Emblem is pre-Plantera, so the Hercules Beetle, the Necromantic Scroll and the Papyrus Scarab aren't available. But I'll probably lower the Avenger Emblem to A tier anyway. Also what if you're doing a hybrid class playthrough in which you combine summoner and another class? Would the 8% crit chance still be more useful?

Great tier list; formatted well, follows helpful meta strategies, and it's cohesively written. I do think the Step Stool is rated a bit too high though, even for a pre-Boss accessory. It's ranked C, above items like the Flipper, Water-Walking Boots, Lava Charm and Obsidian Skull (and the Shackle, but since it's just one defense I can understand that), and I wouldn't know if it's necessarily as good as them, let alone better.

The Aglet is also ranked above the Anklet of Wind, despite both of them only affecting movement speed, of which the Anklet of Wind provides 5% more of. Would the explanation for this be that the difficulty or time-consumption of getting the accessories also comes into determining the ranking? There are some mentions of that through the list.

The Aglet is also ranked above the Anklet of Wind, despite both of them only affecting movement speed, of which the Anklet of Wind provides 5% more of. Would the explanation for this be that the difficulty or time-consumption of getting the accessories also comes into determining the ranking? There are some mentions of that through the list.
Yes, the difficulty and time-consumption of obtaining them does influence the rank. Also, since the Aglet can be obtained close to spawn on your first day or two, it can be used to get free modifiers even if its effect barely does anything. The Anklet of the Wind is found in a dangerous biome that you likely won't explore until after you've found more decent accessories underground.

I don't really like the way you recommend using the aggro of the berzerk gloves, and the recon scope.

With berzerk gloves you seem to imply that more aggro for a summoner is bad, but if I'm using the berzerk gloves that means I'm using whips, and whips have short range. I'd rather not have my ranger friend drag the boss away out of my whip range.

With the recon scope you say that the aggro reduction isn't as useful if you are playing with a mage or summoner, however I would argue that a mage/summoner running around trying to dodge attacks has much better survivability than a ranger standing still trying to use shroomite stealth.
Shroomite stealth give a massive 60% ranged damage and 10% crit, so if you can get another player to decoy for you its worth using.
This can also be used against Betsy in single player as she targets the crystal as if it were another player.

Most viable melee weapons don't benefit from higher melee speed, so unless you're using projectile swords this modifier won't help you.
This isn’t *entirely* true. Melee speed has an actually really noticeable effect on the velocity of things like javelins and knives, and a significant effect on the the range of flails and boomerangs. This is big because a lot of said melee weapons really benefit from the extra range. That said Menacing and Lucky are probably more useful overall, but if you’re going melee it probably won’t hurt to settle with violent too, because it has the same boost in DPS as menacing on swords and spears and boosts the effective range on other things.

This isn’t *entirely* true. Melee speed has an actually really noticeable effect on the velocity of things like javelins and knives, and a significant effect on the the range of flails and boomerangs. This is big because a lot of said melee weapons really benefit from the extra range. That said Menacing and Lucky are probably more useful overall, but if you’re going melee it probably won’t hurt to settle with violent too, because it has the same boost in DPS as menacing on swords and spears and boosts the effective range on other things.
In practice I've never really found the extra projectile velocity to be that useful. Shadowflme knife and daybreak have plenty of velocity already. I use flails lot and I never noticed the range increase until I was actively looking for it, it's like roughly 3 blocks for every 20% melee speed.

In practice I've never really found the extra projectile velocity to be that useful. Shadowflme knife and daybreak have plenty of velocity already. I use flails lot and I never noticed the range increase until I was actively looking for it, it's like roughly 3 blocks for every 20% melee speed.
I’ve found Shadowflame Knives and such quite sluggish in practice. In particular, Vampire Knives, Chain Guillotines and Flairon get a lot from that extra velocity. Maybe it’s just being used to using fast and accurate ranged and mage weapons, but I found it difficult to deal with their inferior velocity, and to me the range is also helpful. The Meatball got a solid 2-4 blocks of extra range from Feral Claws, which doesn’t sound like much, but it closed fhe difference between hitting and missing hornets in the underground jungle.

And I’m not trying to say it’s better than menacing or lucky for melee. In a perfect world, I’d absolutely use all menacing on everything, but sometimes the Goblin Tinkerer is a :red: and you have to settle for less. What I was saying in my previous post is that I’d settle for Violent on accessories in a melee build if I had to because it’s also helpful. Where Dreadnautilus has it on the margin of B and C is accurate enough to its utility.

I’ve found Shadowflame Knives and such quite sluggish in practice. In particular, Vampire Knives, Chain Guillotines and Flairon get a lot from that extra velocity.
I only really used shadowflame knives on the twins and skeletron prime, since those bosses are usually flying towards me so I have no issue hitting them, for destroyer and common enemies I usually use a flying knife or drippler crippler.

I finally got around to using chain guilitines and I was not impressed by them, Killing the twins with them was a struggle. Maybye they need melee speed to be useful?

Vampire knives create a big spread of projectiles, chances are a few will hit and you will get rapid healing regardless.

I only really used shadowflame knives on the twins and skeletron prime, since those bosses are usually flying towards me so I have no issue hitting them, for destroyer and common enemies I usually use a flying knife or drippler crippler.

I finally got around to using chain guilitines and I was not impressed by them, Killing the twins with them was a struggle. Maybye they need melee speed to be useful?

Vampire knives create a big spread of projectiles, chances are a few will hit and you will get rapid healing regardless.
With vampire knives and flairon it’s more about their effective range, now that Plantera’s dead you’re moving around a lot more in much more open spaces with much more options for mobility. Vampire knives forcing you to put yourself in risk to heal is a fair weakness and extra velocity+range on them is big. Same reason Starlight isn’t highly regarded even though its DPS is really good and its range is around the same as Death Sickle - because having the range of Death Sickle isn’t good anymore.

That’s fair about shadowflame knives. I think I use them longer than most when running melee, and I prefer being extremely accurate, which having both more velocity and range help.

With vampire knives and flairon it’s more about their effective range, now that Plantera’s dead you’re moving around a lot more in much more open spaces with much more options for mobility. Vampire knives forcing you to put yourself in risk to heal is a fair weakness and extra velocity+range on them is big. Same reason Starlight isn’t highly regarded even though its DPS is really good and its range is around the same as Death Sickle - because having the range of Death Sickle isn’t good anymore.

Vampire knives and death sickle have a much better effective range than the starlight,the death sickle's projectiles linger wich means if a something is chasing you they will fly into it while stalight is locked to being near the player. The same thing with vampire knives, the time I need them most is when I'm constantly being chased by a hoard of pumpkings which vampire knives have no issues hitting.

Also are you seriously complaining about survivability with the vampire knives? The amount of life steal vampire knives grant even on a non melee build puts pre nerf valhalla to shame.

Also are you seriously complaining about survivability with the vampire knives? The amount of life steal vampire knives grant even on a non melee build puts pre nerf valhalla to shame.
You’re probably using vampire knives when close to death to get you back up to full, right? I personally wouldn’t spam them the entire boss, not enough DPS. Which means to get that healing you have to get sometimes awkwardly close to the boss to start getting recovery.

And I wasn’t saying Vampire Knives have the same effective range as Starlight, that’s obviously not true. You do have a point about Death Sickle though.

You’re probably using vampire knives when close to death to get you back up to full, right? I personally wouldn’t spam them the entire boss, not enough DPS. Which means to get that healing you have to get sometimes awkwardly close to the boss to start getting recovery.
Well it doesn't matter that you're getting close because you'll be healing anyway, so it isn't very dangerous.

Well it doesn't matter that you're getting close because you'll be healing anyway, so it isn't very dangerous.
I’ve unironically died while prepping for vampire knives before getting hits off and getting my healing, more than once. It’s not an issue of staying close range to heal, it’s getting close enough to start healing when your health is almost gone.

Maybe it’s a playstyle thing though, same kind of reason where I prefer to run Shadowflame Knives with a lot of velocity. I find melee speed useful in melee builds, but it seems like most of you don’t get as much out of it as I do, which is fair. I’ll shut up because clearly it’s not usually considered as decent as I think it is, and telling people their playstyle is wrong is pretty douchey.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom