Blocks & Decoration Shrubbery

Dreamtree

Terrarian
I love using wood but it can a little bothersome to farm. I would like something besides trees to drop wood. Something I don't have to plant... Glowing mushrooms are a great example of an easy to farm block. Plant glowing mushroom seed and the mushrooms grow on their own. I want a wood variation of that.
Shrubbery will grow after dirt blocks have a special seed planted on them.
It will be harvested in same way glowing mushrooms are. Pretty much any tool can harvest glowing mushrooms....
Shrubbery grass should be able to be planted at any depth just like glowing mushrooms.
The shrubbery would be the same as a glowing mushroom.

Maybe the type of wood the shrubbery drops is affected by background walling.
So it can drop the more special wood as well...

THIS IS NOT AN ALTERNATE TO REGULAR TREES.

Maybe the living loom should be able to convert wood to other types and vice versa...
Spooky wood and dynasty wood be the exceptions.
Example, it would be great to covert shade wood into wood.

Or allow the living wood wand,leaf wand and living loom to convert other woods into living wood only...

Last edited:
Those words confused me in a way that I never want to be confused again...

But nkw that I read it over, for the fifth time, I see these are actually really good!

Wood should be obtained from trees. Dont't like regular trees, there's always living trees. An alt isn't needed. And also, this doesn't have ant stats, like, how much wood is dropped, how is it obtanied and is it exculsive to one or two grasses? No support.

Wood should be obtained from trees. Dont't like regular trees, there's always living trees. An alt isn't needed. And also, this doesn't have ant stats, like, how much wood is dropped, how is it obtanied and is it exculsive to one or two grasses? No support.
-_- I clearly compared it to glowing mushrooms. Not every glowing mushroom backgroud thing drops a glowing mushroom...
This isn't an alternative. Stats? I said they would function like glowing mushrooms.

How is obtained?
It would be harvested the same way glowing mushrooms are. Any weapon/tool that cuts/destroys background stuff like grass.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419762885][/DOUBLEPOST]
If there are two next to each other, do you get a level effect with a path running down the middle?

What do you mean by that? I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say.

So it functions like Glowing mushrooms, so you can only place it on Mushroom Grass?

It would grow on its own special grass/seed. This isn't a glowing mushroom alt either.

The knights who say NI would be pleased.
On topic: This isn't really necessary, you can:
-Create a new world and get stacks of wood for free;
-Plant some trees, go far away from them, and see them grown.

The knights who say NI would be pleased.
On topic: This isn't really necessary, you can:
-Create a new world and get stacks of wood for free;
-Plant some trees, go far away from them, and see them grown.
I don't like making new worlds just to farm resources.
I want a faster method to farming wood than is currently available.

And also doesn't make sense
[DOUBLEPOST=1419763182][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't like making new worlds just to farm resources.
I want a faster method to farming wood than is currently available.
Planting acorns is a fast method, and if it functions like a GM why doesn't it drop Shrubbeies instead of wood.

Well, saying it functions like a GM, and then having exceptions is a bit annoying.
It functions like GM in that it grows on a special grass, regrows quickly, doesn't require planting and drops by attacking background material.

And also doesn't make sense
[DOUBLEPOST=1419763182][/DOUBLEPOST]
Planting acorns is a fast method, and if it functions like a GM why doesn't it drop Shrubbeies instead of wood.
Planting acorns takes a lot of time in comparison to GM farming. Shrubbery needs to drop wood because its my solution to farming wood being a chore.

But a waiting for an acorn to grow is faster then waiting for the Shrubberries to grow enough wood.
I farm glowing mushrooms. I can get something like 4k glowing mushrooms in the time it takes to 500 wood. Harvesting GM is a lot faster and I don't have to plant acorns or whatever. GM grass spreads on its own. I have a giant farm of GM on one of my worlds. I love how easy it is to farm! :D

Since there is no other form of GMs, they are balanced, but all methods of anything should get close results, not 8x better results. And what about other wood types.

Since there is no other form of GMs, they are balanced, but all methods of anything should get close results, not 8x better results. And what about other wood types.
I've never really wanted to farm other wood types.....
Although you do bring up an interesting point...

Back
Top Bottom