Texture Pack I can't update my texture pack in the Workshop and my author stats drop to zero, what should I do?

Eye of Rage

The Destroyer
I unintentionally deleted my workshop.json file for my previous texture pack in the 'ResourcePacks' file, thinking I could just replace it with a new one to publish, I didn't know this would affect my publicity score. I've tried using Recycle Bin to find the texture pack folder but I had no luck, hence, I couldn't restore it. Is there any way at all I can recover my workshop.json file that was inside the texture pack I deleted?

I want to issue an update to my texture pack but it isn't working and I don't want to lose my followers. When I republished my texture pack, my author stats went back down to 0 and it created a brand new steam page with a brand new texture pack item that hadn't been viewed. Should I start over or is there a way around this?

Last edited:
hello, i deleted my workshop.json file today for my texture pack. I mindlessly deleted the previuos texturepack in the 'ResourcePacks' file thinking I could just replce it with a new one to publish, i didnt want to lose my publicity score. In the file contained the workshop.json. Ive tried using recycle bin to find the texture pack folder but i have too many folders of the same name, hence i couldnt find it and when I was trying to restore it, it wasn't working. is there any way at all i can recover my workshop.json file that was inside the texture pack i deleted. if so, where can i find it in?

Also, I'm curios as to whether I actually need the workshop.json to update my texture pack, do i need it or is there a way around it? because i dont know what deleting the json has done...
I think deleting the folder which had the worshop.json in it made it appear NOT in the recycling bin... idk PLease help me!

basically, all i want is my author stats to be restored on steam, but when i republished the texturepack (with the same name), my publicity went back down to 0 and it created a brand new steam page with a brand new texture pack that hadnt been viewed.
What do I do?!?/
If you have to many folders of the same name, you could look in them to find out what’s in them and also I think you can sort them by date in the recycle bin
Also you can go onto the steam page and click subscribe and it will add it to your folders

hello, i deleted my workshop.json file today for my texture pack. I mindlessly deleted the previuos texturepack file thinking I could just replce it with a new one to publish, i didnt want to lose my publicity score. Ive tried using recycle bin to find the texture pack folder but i have too many folders of the same name, hence i couldnt find it. is there any way at all i can recover my workshop.json file that was inside the texture pack i deleted. if so, where can i find it in the recycling bin?

Also, I'm curios as to whether I need the workshop.json to update my texture pack, do i need it or is there a way around it?
I think deleting the folder which had the worshop.json in it made it appear NOT in the recycling bin... idk PLease help me!

basically, all i want is my author stats to be restored on steam, but when i republished the texturepack (with the same name), my publicity went back down to 0
What do I do?!?/
hello, i deleted my workshop.json file today for my texture pack. I mindlessly deleted the previuos texturepack in the 'ResourcePacks' file thinking I could just replce it with a new one to publish, i didnt want to lose my publicity score. In the file contained the workshop.json. Ive tried using recycle bin to find the texture pack folder but i have too many folders of the same name, hence i couldnt find it and when I was trying to restore it, it wasn't working. is there any way at all i can recover my workshop.json file that was inside the texture pack i deleted. if so, where can i find it in?

Also, I'm curios as to whether I actually need the workshop.json to update my texture pack, do i need it or is there a way around it? because i dont know what deleting the json has done...

basically, all i want is my author stats to be restored on steam, but when i republished the texturepack (with the same name), my publicity went back down to 0 and it created a brand new steam page with a brand new texture pack that hadnt been viewed.
What do I do?!?/
Hi @World Breaker Hulk I combined your two threads into one. Please just use this one thread and don't make any more threads for the same topic. :)

If you have to many folders of the same name, you could look in them to find out what’s in them and also I think you can sort them by date in the recycle bin
Also you can go onto the steam page and click subscribe and it will add it to your folders
I have looked at all the deleted files with the same name by restoring them and none of them are the one I'm looking for. Also, subscribing doesn't add a file to the 'ResourcePacks' folder.

Back
Top Bottom